Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

I too have the same problems, I am the owner of an EVGA GTX580 video card with driver version 270.61 and I have all the problems mentioned.

Even the shadows and structures in the game appear to be irregular in outline, we hope to fix with the release of a new patch.

This problem is most noticeable when the scene is in motion.

No problems here with the exception of the ongoing white lines/dots attributed to AA, but that's the same as with any other driver.

Had a lot of bother with my 285s in SLi but my 580s don't cause me much trouble except high water temps and my room is like an oven when they are maxxed out.

More radiators required for these babies, even my Ultras never cooked my system as much.

Christ knows how hot the 400 series are if the 500s are meant to be cooler.

Those with 200 series having blackouts, I found the 266.58 to be the best option for Alt+Enter out and back into the game. Remember to hit esc first to pause the game. ;)

Hey all, I just converted from ATI to Nvidia for the first time. Got me a Gigabyte GTX 570 1GB (Windforce 3X OC @780MHz) and have to admit, compared to my old Sapphire 4870, ArmA seems to be performing a bit better and actually looks better (maybe it's just me?). Anyways, the point of this post isn't about what I bought, but actually if anyone out there has any good suggestions for settings for this card (I'm use to ATI's CCC).

I had to turn off the AToC thing, because trees and stuff at a distance on Utes looked kinda weird--blurred or like wet paint smudging? Kinda hard to describe, but I remember a few people talking about it one. Setting it to 0 seemed to work, but must admit I do miss kind of miss it and how it seemed to make the grass and whatnot a bit fuller--at least back on my ATI I did.

Is there any way to set some stuff (Nvidia and config) in this control panel to get some nice performance and have it on without that weird blurry pixel stuff around trees at a distance? Any suggestions for settings per chance? Aside from the new card, I have 6GB of RAM and running on an older Core i7 920 (not OC'ed) and playing CO with the latest beta.

Thanks in advance fella's. Looking forward to seeing how going with Nvidia will go compared to when I was spending money on ATI and all of the headaches that came with it. ;)

It's good to set the prerendered frames to something very low, like 0 or 1. Some ppl claim they have smoother gameplay with very high settings of 8, but (normally) that should add some mouse lag.

I got mine on 1 and the game runs great.

Whatever value you use be sure to set it in the nvidia center AND the arma2 cfg file.

0 is driver value which is usually 3

so lowest possible value is 1

(in fact for registry set 0 usually means hardcoded 3 in drivers)

0 is driver value which is usually 3

Do you mean in Arma 2 or in the nvidia control panel, or both?

Check again the optimization of the game on NVIDIA cards, and after the 1.59 out of the last patch there are many graphical issues, especially on antiliasing and shadows.

Thanks to the technical staff of Bohemia Interactive.

Edited by Aspide

Since v1.59 I've noticed that bushes and trees look like I'm viewing them through a very fine screen door.

It's not distracting or overly ugly but it's there.

Do a search on AtoC if you haven't already mate. It may be related to that. I turned it off due to weird graphics since 1.59

Hello,

I'm having problems with a LAZY GTX 580 SC in ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead.

I have the game on HIGH Settings just so I can play smoothly without the game dipping so wildly. I have a Logitech G15 so with a combination of Core Temp + EVGA Precision, i've come to learn that my CPU power is well within its bounds and my video card is only utilizing around 60% of its power when playing at the most intensive scenes of ARMA II. The problem is during these busy scenes, I drop down to about 20 FPS. I could really use the extra 40%~ of power of my card to boost up those frames. What's going on?

Thanks!

evgae.th.jpg

lazys.th.jpg

Edited by 420Marine

What about your HDD, 420? Brief slowdowns like you describe are sometimes due to the HDD not being able to serve up model data to the game quick enough.

PS. Your posted images are oversize. Forum rules say that the max size is 100Kb, because most of us are still on 33kbps modems here in 1994. :)

What about your HDD, 420? Brief slowdowns like you describe are sometimes due to the HDD not being able to serve up model data to the game quick enough.

PS. Your posted images are oversize. Forum rules say that the max size is 100Kb, because most of us are still on 33kbps modems here in 1994. :)

Ah, forgive me while I rehost :)

Edit: My HDD is a Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=2;

postFX=4;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

HDRPrecision=16;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1576468480;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

Windowed=0;

vsync=0;

AToC=7;

Is my current config. As I understand it, AToC=7 should be change to AToC=0 and perhaps something might be amiss with "GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000"...?

Edited by 420Marine

@420Marine:

At first, please give us your full system specs. How did you measure the 60% ? You can check your GPU-usage and other things with MSI Afterburner.

@420Marine:

At first, please give us your full system specs. How did you measure the 60% ? You can check your GPU-usage and other things with MSI Afterburner.

He is using EVGA precision to check the usage, pretty much the same as using MSI for it.

What is the GFX card memory usage percentage?

Probably choked full as 1GB is not enough for the candy settings.

From NVIDIA 275.27 Drivers NVIDIA.com:

• Increases gaming performance by up to 12% for dual-core CPUs in CPU-limited cases.

Interesting line.

I was reading that older multi-core CPUs get good benefit from this driver optimization, especially when game is hard on CPU.. which ARMA can definitely be.

New beta drivers are working great for me! :cool:

So I suggest every nvidia owner update their drivers, especially w/ older CPU

Strange thing is that in the latest release GTX 560 and GTX 580 mentioned but I cant see any improvments for GTX 570. This is strange that they skip GTX 570 for the card below and above .

From NVIDIA 275.27 Drivers NVIDIA.com:

• Increases gaming performance by up to 12% for dual-core CPUs in CPU-limited cases.

Interesting line.

I was reading that older multi-core CPUs get good benefit from this driver optimization, especially when game is hard on CPU.. which ARMA can definitely be.

New beta drivers are working great for me! :cool:

So I suggest every nvidia owner update their drivers, especially w/ older CPU

:eek: oh, I'll try this

Just dl the 275.33, i thought that it gave you an option to clean out the old drivers. Also i did not even have to restart for the update. Where is the option to do an clean driver install? Also did anybody have to restart there comp after the installing of 275.33?

Will be interested if others with GTX 460's see any improvements with these new 275.33 drivers...

Where is the option to do an clean driver install?

It's there, you just missed it.

Will be interested if others with GTX 460's see any improvements with these new 275.33 drivers...

I had an improvement. I used 266.58.

275.33 is better, feel smoother game :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Where is the option to do an clean driver install?

in option custom (advanced).