Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

I'm still running 275.33. So far every nvidia driver has worked well with arma on my system.

New NViDiA BETA drivers 285.27 released on 13.9.2011

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

This is the first beta release from the Release 285 family of drivers. You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New NViDiA BETA drivers 285.38 released on 26.9.2011

This is the recommended GeForce driver for the beta release of Battlefield 3.

Check here to see if your PC is ready for Battlefield 3.

New in Release 285.38:

Increases performance in Battlefield 3 by up to 38%i.

Improves overall stability and image quality in Battlefield 3.

Added or updated SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third.

Fixed a performance regression in 285.27 beta running Crysis 2 (DirectX 9).

Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs..

New NViDiA WHQL drivers 285.62 released on 24.10.2011

This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 285 family of drivers. You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 285.62

This is the recommended driver for Battlefield 3. It contains several performance and compatibility enhancements for the final release of the game. Check here to see if your PC is ready for Battlefield 3.

This is also the recommended and enhanced driver for Batman: Arkham City and RAGE.

Check here to see if your PC is ready for Batman: Arkham City

Contains a fix for the driver timeouts reported with the R285 beta drivers.

New in R285 Drivers

Performance

Increases performance for GeForce 400 and 500-series GPUs in several PC games vs. v280.26 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration...

Worth it if you want to play Rage or battlefield 3. Doubt there's any difference in arma.

Haha there are no other games for me but Arma . So I will not bother downloading the new drivers.

Thank you Leon86 :)

New NViDiA BETA drivers 285.79 released on 10.11.2011

New in Version 285.79

Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.

Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.

Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.

Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs.

Fixes black screen during playback using Windows Media Center.

Added or updated SLI profiles for the following games:

Aion v3.0

Anno 2070

Assassins Creed: Revelations

Bastion

Need for Speed: The Run

Payday: The Heist

The Adventures of Tintin

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:

Airline Tycoon 2 – rated Fair

Assassin's Creed: Revelations – rated Good

Batman: Arkham City – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – rated Excellent

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – rated Excellent

FIFA 12 – rated Good

Hard Reset – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready

inMomentum – rated Fair

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Smash Cars – rated Fair

Two Worlds 2: Castle Defense – rated Good

Zombie Driver – rated Excellent

Other Details

Includes HD Audio driver 1.2.24.0.

Includes PhysX System Software 9.11.11.07.

I don't think you will find any previous driver that has notably better performance than what is currently available.

I don't think you will find any previous driver that has notably better performance than what is currently available.
True, I am always using newest drivers and never had performance problems with them.

I have an 3GB GTX 590 card -

I'm wondering what do others with similar card have for their nvidia card settings? With my new system I think I should be getting better performance. I'm also getting those black/white flashes while waiting for a mission to load....very fast black and white flashes...(I have the latest 285 nnvidia drivers).

Within my Nvidia Control Panel What should the following settings be set to??

Physx??

Anti aliasing ?

Max-preRendeard frames =

Vertical Sync = (on or off??)

Threaded Optimization = (on or off?)

_____

What about IN GAME video settings within A2/OA options -

Anti aliasing ? Does setting to a Higher rating sometimes make the game run faster ( I read this on another site, with regard to high end video cards).

What is HDR ??

Also is Vertical Sync enabled or disabled

Edited by meade95

Ok. I have a new GTX 590 card coming as my new system shipped with a flawed card (fans not working correctly).

I had updated to latest 285 WHQL drivers (with some issues, in that I had those black and white flashes).

Can I ask, what are others finding to be the best driver series with high end Nivida video cards and A2/OA?

Thanks

I have an 3GB GTX 590 card -

I'm wondering what do others with similar card have for their nvidia card settings? With my new system I think I should be getting better performance. I'm also getting those black/white flashes while waiting for a mission to load....very fast black and white flashes...(I have the latest 285 nnvidia drivers).

Within my Nvidia Control Panel What should the following settings be set to??

Physx??

Anti aliasing ?

Max-preRendeard frames =

Vertical Sync = (on or off??)

Threaded Optimization = (on or off?)

_____

What about IN GAME video settings within A2/OA options -

Anti aliasing ? Does setting to a Higher rating sometimes make the game run faster ( I read this on another site, with regard to high end video cards).

What is HDR ??

Also is Vertical Sync enabled or disabled

Read page one, it will answering your question about what to do in Nvidia control panel :)

New NViDiA BETA drivers 290.36 released on 28.11.2011

New in Version 290.36

This is the first beta release from the Release 290 family of drivers.You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

New in R290 Drivers

NVIDIA Ambient Occlusion

Adds NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. See the comparison screenshots on GeForce.com.

Adds NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. See the comparison screenshots on GeForce.com.

NVIDIA PhysX

Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.11.11.07 for the best PhysX experience in Batman: Arkham City.

NVIDIA Surround

Enables NVIDIA Surround support for Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.

NVIDIA SLI

Added or updated SLI profiles for Crysis 2, Heroes and Generals, Inversion, Stronghold 3, and Syndicate.

3D Vision

Adds support for 3D Vision over native DisplayPort 1.1 connection - available on BenQ XL2420T and BenQ XL2420TX monitors.

Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – rated Good

Cang Sheng (è‹ç”Ÿ) – rated Good

Diablo 3 – rated Good

Fei fei (飞飞) – rated Good

Final Combat (大冲锋) – rated Good

L.A. Noire – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 – rated Fair

Qian Nv You Hun Online (倩女幽魂Online) – rated Good

QQ Xi You (QQ西游) – rated Good

Sonic Generations – rated Good

Xian Tu (仙途) – rated Good

Yong Bing Tian Xia Online (拥兵天下 Online) – rated Good

HD Audio

Updates HD Audio driver to version 1.3.9.0.

Some Key Bug Fixes

Fixes random flickering as Windows boot logo is loading or fading away.

Fixes corruption in Crysis 2 with SLI and lower quality shadow settings.

Fixes ability to set Surround resolutions to 5760x1080 using custom resolutions.

Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3.

Fixes corruption seen in Settlers 7 with 275.33 drivers.

Other Details

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.

Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Thanks for posting! Does this driver finally fix the dreaded driver crash/recovery while browsing?

Thanks for posting! Does this driver finally fix the dreaded driver crash/recovery while browsing?
Sorry, I am not really sure what are you talking about, but I never had such problem with any driver. :)

It's a fairly common problem with the latest driver versions and certain cards. Hardware accelerated 2D applications such as Firefox and Visual Studio can cause the driver to fail and recover shortly afterwards. Very annoying. :)

I guess I'll just have to see if this version finally fixes it.

It's a fairly common problem with the latest driver versions and certain cards. Hardware accelerated 2D applications such as Firefox and Visual Studio can cause the driver to fail and recover shortly afterwards. Very annoying. :)

I guess I'll just have to see if this version finally fixes it.

I cant answer this question, but I remember now that Ive had such problem but it was long time ago...btw: no problems with these new beta drivers so far, played ArmA2:CO for an hour, no driver crash, performance is good. :)

I cant answer this question, but I remember now that Ive had such problem but it was long time ago...btw: no problems with these new beta drivers so far, played ArmA2:CO for an hour, no driver crash, performance is good. :)

I checked the NVidia forums - the problem still isn't fixed, as confirmed by an NVidia rep. They're actually still looking for the cause. :(

Until then, disabling HW acceleration in the affected programs does help, but it's not ideal.

On the Nvidia Forums it seems the latest 280 and 290 series drivers are causing lots of issues with GTX 590 and 580 cards......