Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Probably placebo, I doubt they made any changes to the 200 series.

Congratulations, Nividia in @0.06

Versão:

301.24 BETA

Data de Lançamento:

This is the first unified driver from the R300 family of drivers (versions 300.00 to 301.99).

GeForce R300 drivers are packed with new industry-leading, GeForce-exclusive features as well as some really nice performance increases in top games.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

I had an ATI 4870 before buying a MSI GTX 560 ti twin frozr ll, It is great the performance boost it has given me but why do Nvidia bring out drivers that do not work. The 295.73 make gaming unplayable (micro stuttering), the 296.10 crashes my PC and sends the screen purple, and the new Beta 301.24 gives me around 6 frames per second. I have formatted my PC and gone back to the 285.62 drivers I don't think I will be buying another Nvidia card as the ATI drivers never gave me any problems.

With the new beta drivers from nVIDA, you can use nvidia Inspector(the new nHancer) to lock your framerate(FPS) using the FPS limit function. Or you can also use vertical sync TearControl (adaptive) and you can set Vertical Sync to 1/2, will also lock your FPS to 30. I haven't test this on ArmA 2, but i play other games and i helps to get more smoother performance.

So if anyone like to test this on arma, please report back :) I like to know if this can help to get more smooth performance in the game.

Well i have good news :)

I installed the nVIDA beta drivers and i managed to lock the FPS in arma to 30 FPS.. The game is running perfectly and so smooth.

Here is my nvidia Inspector settings for ArmA2:OA.

Click for full view.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8914/62345722.jpg

I hope this will help some of you to have a smoother performance in your ArmA 2

You don't need more. It runs so smoothly here. You don't have that FPS peek up and down, when you had vertical sync on (60 FPS)

i have a problem with some menu buttons 'vanishing' in my in game menus, they are there at the start of the game but after a few mins they're not. any ideas? im running a 550Ti with drivers version 295.73

Well i have good news :)

I installed the nVIDA beta drivers and i managed to lock the FPS in arma to 30 FPS.. The game is running perfectly and so smooth.

Here is my nvidia Inspector settings for ArmA2:OA.

Click for full view.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8914/62345722.jpg

I hope this will help some of you to have a smoother performance in your ArmA 2

i have question, can You export these settings as profile? and upload somewhere?

maybe it would be welcome by some less skilled users to try it that way

i have question, can You export these settings as profile? and upload somewhere?

maybe it would be welcome by some less skilled users to try it that way

Hi Dwarden.

Here is the nvidia Inspector ArmA2:OA profile + nvidia Inspector v.1.9.6.4

http://verzend.be/hndt5htqzj2o/ArmA2_OA.zip.html

First thing you need to do is to install the new nVIDA beta drivers v.301.24

After install, open up your nVIDA Control Panel (right click on your desktop)

- Then in the nVIDA Control Panel select "Manage 3D Settings" from the upper left sider.

- Then click on the "Global Settings" tab and hit "RESTORE" and apply the changes.

Install your nvidia Inspector that i have included in the link above. Just unpack and put it in some new folder somewhere.

Then start nvidiaInspector.exe

Untitled.jpg

Follow the red line and click at that icon to open up the profiler.

Then click on the import icon.

47969543.jpg

The browse to your ArmA2_OA.nip file that i have included. You will get a message that says "Profile(s) successfully imported!"

Then hit the "Apply changes" on the right corner.

Edited by MJK-Ranger

What's the latest in SLI Support, so much has happened since the original post. Should it work out of the box or are there still settings / options we should be aware of?

What's the latest in SLI Support, Should it work out of the box or are there still settings / options we should be aware of?
As far as i can tell it works fine altough FXAA is disabled by default and A2 uses this. Also if you have micro stutter at some point maybe the adaptive power managment mode can make a change. And for some locking the Vsync to half framerate will do wonders.

My question is that if its possible for BIS to make an A2 / OA profile that will tell the driver just what options are available. Other games like BF3 have 'hard coded' driver config settings that cant be changed true the NV control pannel / 3D settings option. For each option it is specified and or 'greyed out' what is available an unavailable in the game. Maybe this will make life easier on the enduser?

I have this question in my head for a long time but without any answer, well I knew that V-sync = on will auto locking FPS to match our Monitor refresh rate which is mine using 60 Hz (means 60 fps max for me ) , but my PC spec won't allowing me to even get closer at 60 fps . So in my case, do this force V-Synch off will make any difference on my fps ?

do this force V-Synch off will make any difference on my fps ?
Yes Vsync will reduce the framerate a little so under 60 it has no use. But now Nvidia drivers support the new function to "lock Vsync on the half frame rate" (30FPS) this seems to help (just read 4 posts back) Edited by larsiano

Yes Vsync will reduce the framerate a little so under 60 it has no use. But now Nvidia drivers support the new function to "lock Vsync on the half frame rate" (30FPS) this seems to help (just read 4 posts back)

I read in geforce.com , yes , Nvidia adaptive V-synch, but it said that it will disables V-synch when the fps are going down below locked fps that we had set before. And the problem is , even if I set to 30 fps on it, my fps will never reach more than 28 or 29 fps at best so I still wonder if this will be useful for me :(

Whenever I attempt to enter a server, it stalls on "Receiving" with a black screen. Sometimes it does this after a split second of gameplay, or even 2 or 3 minutes of gameplay. It usually happens when walking or moving, but sometimes happens right away upon entering a server.

When this does not happen, I get a message that says "waiting for server response"

What should I do? I'm pretty frustrated, as I haven't been able to play more than 3 minutes of day z at one time!!!

system specs:

windows 7 64 bit

i3 processor 330m @ 2.13 ghz

4 gig ram dual channel ddr3 @532mhz

nvidia default 1366x768@59hz

256mb geforce 310m

488 gb seagate st 9500325as (sata) hard drive

a side note: in the rare instances when i CAN actually enter a server, it will start the "receiving..." freeze when i hit ESC to access the menu. It also does the receiving freeze seemingly when i move, and when i encounter zombies or try to access my Gear.

starting to think it might be the graphics card? any opinions?

A shit one in a laptop, probably.

you can see the exact specs for the Geforce 310M here, he did give the model number ^^

and yeah, that card is in no way a gaming card.

Yes Vsync will reduce the framerate a little so under 60 it has no use. But now Nvidia drivers support the new function to "lock Vsync on the half frame rate" (30FPS) this seems to help (just read 4 posts back)

What I found to be even better is locking the vsync to half frame rate and then change the refresh rate to 75fps in cfg. Now I get mostly constant and smooth 38fps. 30 was a bit too low for my eyes.

And after some quick test scenarios I get the 38 even in situations where the frame rate was usually 30-34 when vsync was set to full 60. AFAIK this shouldn't be possible but it sure looks that way. :D

By they way, does the nvidia control panel settings for AA level have any effect in game? I didn't notice anything between 2x and 32xCSAA...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131403-Video-Setting-Lock-Cannot-Go-Above-Normal-for-Video-Memory&p=2153367&viewfull=1#post2153367

it came to my attention there is already solution available via commandline parameter -maxVRAM=

^ for everyone who tis sure his game detect incorrectly amount of VRAM