Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

TeAch how many FPS did you gain with the upgrade from GTX275 to GTX 560?

What processor do you use?

I will upgrade soon to GTX570 from my current GTX 275 and I would like to know if its worth it.

I am using an overclocked QX6850 quad upped to 3.33 Ghz.

I havent benchmarked it yet so anecdotally Id say I got maybe 20 or so FPS, maybe more. I also went from playing in 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 AND I am now able to max everything out to Very high and increase the view distance. This card is a beast and all the "swimmy cursor" feeling is long gone. It just carves this game up.

Wow you have a beast of CPU. Nice to hear that GTX 570 makes such a difference :).

Wow you have a beast of CPU. Nice to hear that GTX 570 makes such a difference :).

I have the GTX560Ti.

I have a 285gtx gpu and a q9550 cpu i think our cpus are fairly similar mine possibly faster? anyway if you saw 20fps increase upgrading from a 275gtx i might have to do the same, "teach" can you give me your opinion please im not to familiar between the speed differences in components like 275 and 285gtx and our cpus, i think a 20fps increase would be worth the $300 it would cost me if them fps would be the case.

my pc

q9550 core 2 quad, 2gb 285gtx, 8gb ram, intel ssd 650watt power supply.

Yeah ofcourse I get 20 more FPS in the game then I would be very happy.

And I also believe that 300 euro is worth it even for a 15 increase in FPS.

Im going to make a move soon and I would give some feedback.

Well, I would spend the money. The GTX285 is a very nice card but, if you sell it and apply that money towards the purchase of a next gen 560Ti, not only will you be DX11 ready, but the card itself will allow you to turn up more of the bells and whistles for this game AND still get a FPS increase. The 560ti is getting rave reviews in terms of performance of course but also because of the value. $250US for the MSI Twin Frozer on Newegg..com is excellent. I got the EVGA card which isnt as pretty looking but got the superclocked version. And Ive already slightl overclocked it as well.

Go to Youtube and watch some great reviews on this card. Frankly, if you bought one 560Ti then got another for SLI down the road, dunno....against a single 580...not a bad rig.

Thanks teach. I decided to overclocked my gpu last night and got 10fps more so im going to have to buy a new gpu soon for sure. might sell my ps3 or xbox i havnt played them in over a year.

Well, I would spend the money. The GTX285 is a very nice card but, if you sell it and apply that money towards the purchase of a next gen 560Ti, not only will you be DX11 ready, but the card itself will allow you to turn up more of the bells and whistles for this game AND still get a FPS increase. The 560ti is getting rave reviews in terms of performance of course but also because of the value. $250US for the MSI Twin Frozer on Newegg..com is excellent. I got the EVGA card which isnt as pretty looking but got the superclocked version. And Ive already slightl overclocked it as well.

Go to Youtube and watch some great reviews on this card. Frankly, if you bought one 560Ti then got another for SLI down the road, dunno....against a single 580...not a bad rig.

Better single 580 for ARMA II though, SLi is a pain in the ass for no gain.

If upgrading to a new 5 series card for ARMA I suggest one with a lot of memory. ;)

changed from GTX280 to GTX570. Generally better performance, but very very low GPU-usage (30-50%) in most situations. I logged it with the tool afterburner. I hope a better cpu will help.

If upgrading to a new 5 series card for ARMA I suggest one with a lot of memory. ;)

Just as you have the right to falsely claim SLI doesn't work, in multiple threads, I have the same right to claim your ignorance in those same threads.

my SLI gtx 275s can compete with a single GTX 580 at my resolution (1600x900).

reference

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1785835&postcount=14

stick that in your pipe and smoke it, pinky. ;)

-Ziggy-;1877025']Just as you have the right to falsely claim SLI doesn't work' date=' in multiple threads, I have the same right to claim your ignorance in those same threads.

reference

Yep, as long as the CPU is not under heavy load the Arma series get a very nice boost from SLI.

Better to stop spreading misinformation simply because your PC isn't set up properly.

There is a huge boost from SLI in ArmA 2 (100% in some areas). Obviously, you need the CPU to drive it as Seany pointed out :)

Edited by BangTail

There are alot of different brands on GTX 570. Im not sure what is best for ARMA 2. There are ASUS, GIGABYTE, GAINWARD , EVGA etc..

Which is the best brand for the game?

-Ziggy-;1877025']Just as you have the right to falsely claim SLI doesn't work' date=' in multiple threads, I have the same right to claim your ignorance in those same threads.

reference

I doubt that seeing as my SLi 285s couldn't. But then it was on a decent sized monitor and not one that even an Xbox would work on. :P

Mine isn't speaking from ignorance, it is from experience. But we also all know that everyone has different results with A2.

I have ran SLi 285s with a QX9650@4.2 GHz and the same 285s were briefly with my i7@4.2 GHz, they never came anywhere near the performance I am having now with my 3GB GTX580's, which for the record also perform in A2 better out of SLi.

Edited by Liquidpinky

did you guys also notice that framerate decreases by ~40% in GPU-depending scenarios (like walking thru dense forest in Chernarus with no AI) when enabling AA?

I notice this, even with AA set to low.

Arma2 v78927 / atoc=0

2xGTX470 sli

i'm not sure, but could it be possible that the performance hit was not that big in the past? Maybe more 10-20% than ~40%?

regards.

Edited by slimSpencer

changed from GTX280 to GTX570. Generally better performance, but very very low GPU-load (30-50%) in most situations. I logged it with the tool afterburner. I hope a better cpu will help.
any other results in Gpu-load?

last try..

Edited by JumpingHubert

I have ran SLi 285s with a QX9650@4.2 GHz and the same 285s were briefly with my i7@4.2 GHz, they never came anywhere near the performance I am having now with my 3GB GTX580's, which for the record also perform in A2 better out of SLi.

Because you don't have your machine setup properly, not because of the cards.

Too many people who don't have the 1st clue about PCs buy expensive multi GPU rigs but don't have them set up properly and then insist on blaming the hardware.

did you guys also notice that framerate decreases by ~40% in GPU-depending scenarios (like walking thru dense forest in Chernarus with no AI) when enabling AA?

I notice this, even with AA set to low.

Arma2 v78927 / atoc=0

2xGTX470 sli

i'm not sure, but could it be possible that the performance hit was not that big in the past? Maybe more 10-20% than ~40%?

regards.

I find in-game AA to be very taxing. I'd use Low normally, but I completely turned AA off now in Operation Arrowhead because of the damn white pixels that show up on OA foliage with any AA enabled ( http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15668 ). I would like to try to use Nvidia Forced 2xAA, but good luck doing that now as they removed the ability to do this with the Arma2 & OA profiles for some reason I am yet to understand.

Previously in Arma1, using 2xAA forced through the driver gave better FPS than using BIS's in game Low AA setting.

My latest crash was basically:

Client: Object 121:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 95:38 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 107:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 2:639 (type Type_268) not found.

Group R 2-4-D (0x2ec39c00) - network ID 2:3547

- no main subgroup

Network simulation, time = 35009.406

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Item  listed twice

Cannot create object 26:11

Cannot create object 50:7

Cannot create object 50:8

Cannot create object 50:9

Cannot create object 51:25

Wrong unit index 0 (unit is not in the slot)

Client: Object 84:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 111:8 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 6:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 95:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 71:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 54:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Client: Object 118:1 (type Type_268) not found.

Cannot load sound 'ui\ui_ok.wss'

I haven't tried the stuff for invidia cards yet. I'm running a Nvidia 7600 GS on a Dell Dimension 4600 with an Intel Pentium 4 processor.

Yes it sucks.

So guys last question before I order the new computer

GTX 560 ti or GTX 570 ?

Ive spent hours reading about the two cards but cant come to a conclusion :/

So guys last question before I order the new computer

GTX 560 ti or GTX 570 ?

Ive spent hours reading about the two cards but cant come to a conclusion :/

If you have money for it - then take GTX 570

Yha if your looking between GTX 560 and 570 you should go with the GTX 570. Its an really good card.