Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

I have post process on very high cause I like the effects are any disabled when enabling AA?

Today steam download will come with new 1.02 build ?

AA nearly kills the performance for my ATI 4890 :(

I got lower FPS when i use AA on low, then to use 150% Fillrate (200% Fillrate is just slighlty slower).

Setting AA to normal or high makes Arma2 unplayable.

Is there something wrong with ATI, ArmA2 and AA ?

AA nearly kills the performance for my ATI 4890 :(

I got lower FPS when i use AA on low, then to use 150% Fillrate (200% Fillrate is just slighlty slower).

Setting AA to normal or high makes Arma2 unplayable.

Is there something wrong with ATI, ArmA2 and AA ?

don't use andaptative AA , neither edge-detection AA. use standard BOX

don't use andaptative AA , neither edge-detection AA. use standard BOX

So, disabled in game and activated by Ati CC?

I have an Ati card, the new patch just gives me a new option box that says Antialiasing but disabled,. these no drop down option to turn it on. weird.

With the latest update (58134) I am noticing objects (plants, tress etc) are staying at low LOD until Im right next to them, looks a lot worse than before, with noticable changing of LODs every where you turn.

Also, I thought It would detect more ram now if you had 4gb on vista64. My Arma2.cfg still says:

localVRAM=522125312; 512mb - ok

nonlocalVRAM=1878263808; Less than 2gb? I have 4gb here waiting to be used. Is that not what was supposedly to be changed?

Do you need to reinstall the game and then apply this updated patch? I just tried to update over 1.02 and it said that it was already installed.

Do you need to reinstall the game and then apply this updated patch? I just tried to update over 1.02 and it said that it was already installed.

mine said that too but don;t worry it should still be installed.

it is installed, no need to reinstall. That message came up for me too. ignore it.

Oh snap too slow :)

Thanks guys. On x64 my mem detection is just like your's seany. Perhaps arma 2 cannot use over 2gb since it's listed as 32bit in the task manager (im a noob, but I think 32bit apps can't use over 2gb?)

So, disabled in game and activated by Ati CC?

no . activated ingame. in CC, you can have 4 different FSAA. i think if you force edge detection in CC, Arma ingame FSAA will be edgedetect. and it's terribly slow.

Personnally, for all "1 GPU only" computer i recommend 100% 3D fillrate. anything up to that, will be very slow.

Thanks guys. On x64 my mem detection is just like your's seany. Perhaps arma 2 cannot use over 2gb since it's listed as 32bit in the task manager (im a noob, but I think 32bit apps can't use over 2gb?)

Correct. It's unfortunate, especially for a game like Arma2 which would certainly benefit from more memory space.

Correct. It's unfortunate, especially for a game like Arma2 which would certainly benefit from more memory space.

So you are saying that ArmA2 is using only 2gb ram for everyone?

Ehm.. i don't think that is true, it would be a huge scandal.

32 bit apps can use 3 gb btw..

I am not going to update to the new patch untill i have read the feedback. Its taken so much messing about to get this game running properly, that I dont want to risk having to tweak it all again.

Ive got lots of custom maps loaded up, some winter maps with snow and stuff. Am enjoying it so much that Chernarus is a distant memory......

The last Patch [58134] Built is simply outstanding, the pleasure factor playing ArmA II is twice higher than before.

Thanks.

The only problem I noticed so far is that you have to uninstall ArmA II to apply the new patch as it says that the patch 1.02 is already installed when you have the first 1.02 already there.

Also looking forward to a performance increase with the upcoming patches.

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

You don't need to uninstall the game !! :D i got the same message and then i launched Arma2 to see the version which was the new one.

You can select different amounts of AA like: "normal, high, very high", right?

Which of them is 4x AA? i want to use 4x AA, not more or less.

This hotfix patch is good stuff. Seems that performance in campaign is gone up a little bit. I can even use higher details now. Before it was 10-17 fps on everything normal now more like 15-25 with AA and PP and object detail very high, everything else is normal.

I run Arma 2 at very high setting and its awsome, I never seen games so imerssive as ArmA 2 is, I play FPS games for 15 years, and I think arma 2 is the best of them all.

Is there any way to talk to civilians? There are some specific characters lurking around the towns that you need to talk to because of the missions but besides them it seems you can't talk to anyone?

Is there any way to talk to civilians? There are some specific characters lurking around the towns that you need to talk to because of the missions but besides them it seems you can't talk to anyone?

I'm wondering the same thing.

The last Patch [58134] Built is simply outstanding, the pleasure factor playing ArmA II is twice higher than before.

Thanks.

The only problem I noticed so far is that you have to uninstall ArmA II to apply the new patch as it says that the patch 1.02 is already installed when you have the first 1.02 already there.

Also looking forward to a performance increase with the upcoming patches.

Regards,

TB

Yeah it's just a little error, "already installed" is the new "thank you very much, the patch is now installed, have a nice day" ;)

;) ..

It's a hell of an improvement. I'm getting far better performance and i can max my settings out at the sacrifice of view distance with a solid framerate (although still not as good as people not using i7s or 2xxs).

Still, I'm getting fewer unexplained CTDs and I can finally enjoy the game somewhat :ok:

Only problem is I'm on Manhattan, which was borderline uncompletable and unplayable due to random save crashes. I'm having great fun with the mission, but sadly despite the improvement I'm still getting save crashes, leaving me constantly reloading a praying the game saves and doesn't explode on me.

I certainly hope it's a Manhattan problem. i sure ain't playing the rest of the game if it persists :mad: