Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Very excited for the U.S. release Bohemia, looks like you guys went the extra mile in the sound department

Have been playing the game non-stop since I got it this evening. I love the campaign so far. My only complaint is that it sometimes seems to have been made with cadet mode in mind, where you can see the waypoints. :|

Would still like to see a new muzzleflash animation instead of the sprite.

I would like to personaly praise and congratulate all who was involved in making this game happen for us. i have not had such a great feeling about a FPS online game since i first loaded battlefield 2 years ago.

I thought i would never see that day again on my pc has consoles have been taking over and dominating the gaming scene. i am grateful that Bohemia Interactive has made a game FOR the PC using pc's hardware not some cheap console port that many PC games are nowadays. im glad to see a game that actually pushes most if not everyone's pc's. This is what PC gaming is all about. advancing gameplay and technology.

The game looks draw dropping on normal/high settings, the gameplay is absolutely superb and crushes ANY FPS game out there atm in terms of realism and enjoyment IMO.

The amount of content that is in the base game along with the unlimitted amount of missions you can create is superb. The game world is one of the biggest i have ever seen and to still keep that kind of graphics throughout the world is breath taking.

well done Bohemia Interactive you have put the fun back into PC gaming. Thanks:):yay::bounce3:

Well i've been playing lots and lots so heres a bit of an updated impression:

I think overall the game is an amazing, superb, stunning package! The editor is pure brilliance and so is multiplayer when you find a good server. The graphics are really nice, and so is the gameplay and sense of immersion.

However, i do have my issues. This may sound far fetched, but im tired of trying to think of excuses anymore. In my own, personal opinion, the AI is simply terrible. Maybe the worst AI in any game i've played.

But hear me out. It's not because they are bad at aiming, or bad at following orders, or bad at anything in particular. It's because they are down right stupid. I understand they have to process and calculate so so so much stuff and i totally apreciate that, but they are useless.

They have no cover system, they either lay down or stand up in front of you, it would make them 2000% better if they actually crouched behind cover, put there backs to the walls, and used generally realistic tactics, rather than being totally unable to dynamicaly interact with the enviorenment and cover.

They just stand there, or lay down. They have great flanking tactics, great accuracy and general intelligence. But due to the game engines limitations, i personally find that all the great stuff the AI has to offer is thrown out the window by their, or should i say the engines, limits.

But that's my only niggle, other than that keep up the great work! This game is by far my most played and probably always will be!

Rich.

p.s, there is on thing. As many others feel, i do think the games performance is far from optimized, but i know it will be much improved in later patches so i'm not worried really :)

You don't have the same AI as mine, at all, it seems. But really, not the same at all.

the main difference with AI in A2, is that it does everything you said it doesn't ....

You don't have the same AI as mine, at all, it seems. But really, not the same at all.

the main difference with AI in A2, is that it does everything you said it doesn't ....

+1 for truth. the AI in arma2 use cover, provide suppressing fire, and work as a team most of the time.

are you putting them in stealth (push ` then 7 then 3) for maximum cover. Or danger mode is good for that too (push ` then 7 then 2).

but even the opfor AI take cover and more.

I don't know if it's just me but even after 1.02 patch I still notice there is little bit of bloom left when you look to the distance.

You see this if you look down a magnified scope. Sniper rifle or Acog. This was not there in Arma1. I have my view distance set at 2000m and post processing disabled and no anti aliasing.

Anyone see there is still bit of bloom left? Wonder if the devs know about this and if they will get rid of it.

Edited by Sgt. Krapgaim

I don't know if it's just me but even after 1.02 patch I still notice there is little bit of bloom left when you look to the distance.

You see this if you look down a magnified scope. Sniper rifle or Acog. This was not there in Arma1. I have my view distance set at 4000km and post processing disabled and no anti aliasing.

Anyone see there is still bit of bloom left? Wonder if the devs know about this and if they will get rid of it.

Bloody Hell!:omg::omg::391:

Bloody Hell!:omg::omg::391:

sorry typo. dunno why i came out with that,. ive checked its set more like 2000m haha.

4000km?! => Nice work BIS! I was not expecting so much hihi

I think Sgt. Krapgaim meant 4000m or 4km

yeah I usually have it on 4000m and 2000m when I play online. But both times i still see little bloom at the far distance. It's just not as clear as Arma1 was. I have post processing turned off.

My first impressions are:

I love this game

...and i guess i'm gonna love it even more when the future patches come out !

:)

You see this if you look down a magnified scope. Sniper rifle or Acog. This was not there in Arma1. I have my view distance set at 2000m and post processing disabled and no anti aliasing.

i already reported this bug, wasn't doing this before 1.02 patch

even if you already set your option on "disabled" or anything else (in my case "low") you have to go back in the option and set it again each time you start the game, set in to anything else than disabled and set it back to disabled.

Here are some videos of environmental destruction in Arma2:

A4PH3WBWoDY

IJqVBDVrVR0

My game finally arrived this morning!

After a few hours of playing I have to say that so far the game has exceeded my fairly high expectations.

The graphics are great and the sound is good and crisp. I'm running at near fully graphics settings but I'll have to tone them down for MP.

To be honest I expected the game to be a bit hacky but the game is very professional looking and has a great feel.

Hi

i have always been a fan of BI games since Ofp , i think it was that game that

led to me becoming a tank driver in real life .

I just got my copy of arma2 today and have only had time to try the first singleplayer mission yet and i must say that im just amazed.

It is by far the best infantry combat simulator i have ever tried ,the ai

react to combat situations just as im used to from my own experience.

and when loading a abrams in the editor the feel is way more realistic than

the tanks in our realy expensive simulators in the army.

I guess i only wanted to say thanks for a great game that was worth every penny.

PS. you realy should ad a Swedish leo 2 (strv122) in the next patch :)Leo%202%20A4%20Evolution%201.jpg

Edited by chupa1

Finished the campaign.

I've found that what the AI lacks on the ground, they make up for it in the air.

arma22009062416581107.jpg

you realy should ad a Swedish leo 2 (strv122) in the next patch

Im sure the leo2 will be in a addon really soon, remember there are more countrys than our beloved Sweden that use this tank ;)

A possible candidate for the "BEST ADVERT EVER for ARMA2 1.02" video ?????

Go HD and Go Large...

B

Heres my impression of the game.

Actual game is great.

AI are the stupidest assholes (i was playing the campaign and after playing the mission for about 1 hour the dumb marksman decides to run off the building we were on) as well as Solid Snake x 100, meaning they can shoot someone through a dense forest from 500m away.

I have to admit, that is a rather nice looking tank :D

Nice tank, but the style of it (paint job too) makes it look like it's made out of plastic :p