Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Oh no. Priest is (going) down . . . . . . ;-)

cjph

Hi, been playing Arma 2 for a while now and I must say im far from convinced. Everyone that have played the game knows it´s far from ready. Its a good start but there is loads to be done. I´m just thankful there is a big enough hardcore Armacommunity that are willing to take a half made game, but neglecting and patronizing persons that have bought a copy and complains is simply stupid and ignorant. I´m one of those who started with OF and bought Arma and liked it even in the beginning with all it´s flaws and I will continue to buy everything BIS puts out there because I can stand with its shortcomings and wait ½-1 year until it´s what everyone in the right mind (not us) would call a real game… BTW before I forget, thanks BIS even thou you have a tendency to release beta versions, YOU ROCK! :)

I understand your frustration Zombie but ignoring and not tolerating the reasons behind the bugs doesn't help neither. BIS DEVs seem to be way more motivated than before, just look at how fast they answer to the bugs reports by trying to figure them out.

The game isn't released yet in some countries and there are already 2 patches.

I'm not paid to submit such statements, but with some common sense and with a pinch of hindsight and by judging every aspect of the game, you can see that things aren't as bad as some make it sound.

Regards,

TB

I am a tolerant person. I tolerated the first OFP being bugged to hell because it was unique, the first of its kind. I could see its potential. I also realised no-one had done anything like it before, and BIS were a new dev team, of course it was going to be bugged.

But Arma2? This game is 8 years later for Christ's sake! Have no lessons been learned? Have no arses been kicked for releasing bugged products or letting obvious bugs slip? Have no QA procedures been implemented / tightened up?

I'm not even part of BIS software development team and my blood pressure's up :D I'm cringing on their behalf when I watch the AI drive, it's so obvious it doesn't work. Christ knows how the developers are feeling reading this. I'd be gutted, but that's just me.

I bet when BIS release VBS to the US military it's tighter than a duck's arse and tested to death. So why is ArmA not? We are suckers with wallets.

Right, my rant is over and I'm not helping here. When Arma 3 comes out, will we have to suffer all this again - I think we know the answer :rolleyes:

ArmA2 is fantastic.

It's everything i'd expect.

Awesome

Cool

Innovative

Great graphics

Buggy

-Exactly what i expect from BIS! hehe

I've had this game now almost a week. No crashes! "knocks the wood". I think it's a miracle. :) With ArmA I ctd's were part of the gaming experience.

ArmA I ctd's were part of the gaming experience.

Lol,

Yeah, bugs keep you sharp, bugs keep you on your toes... It's just another feature to make you even more nervous when sh*t starts to fly... Will I die ? Will I meet a T72 ? Will I CTD ? (joking of course)

also remember COD4,2 is coming out... 1.2 million sales predicted in first week...:eek:

Sims 3 sold 1.4million in less than a week on one platform. i doubt COD MW2 will beat it. PC gaming is far from dead

also remember COD4,2 is coming out... 1.2 million sales predicted in first week...:eek:

1.2 million is very little considering the development and marketing costs for those kind of mainstream shooters, take Dice's BF series for example, Dice have to shift 4 million units (IIRC) before they start to make a profit and gain additional sales revenue.

I am a tolerant person. I tolerated the first OFP being bugged to hell because it was unique, the first of its kind. I could see its potential. I also realised no-one had done anything like it before, and BIS were a new dev team, of course it was going to be bugged.

But Arma2? This game is 8 years later for Christ's sake! Have no lessons been learned? Have no arses been kicked for releasing bugged products or letting obvious bugs slip? Have no QA procedures been implemented / tightened up?

I'm not even part of BIS software development team and my blood pressure's up :D I'm cringing on their behalf when I watch the AI drive, it's so obvious it doesn't work. Christ knows how the developers are feeling reading this. I'd be gutted, but that's just me.

I bet when BIS release VBS to the US military it's tighter than a duck's arse and tested to death. So why is ArmA not? We are suckers with wallets.

Right, my rant is over and I'm not helping here. When Arma 3 comes out, will we have to suffer all this again - I think we know the answer :rolleyes:

Just FYI BI got zero money from any army.

VBS is developped by an entirely different team dedicated to answering professional needs. The money from the army goes there. It's tested because the Armies PAY.

If USMC was paying what we are paying, for VBS, you can bet they wouldn't have 1/1000th of what they have now.

BTW "the armies" represent a small, small, small portion of what a public customer market can present of varied situations. They can be followed and helped one by one (again, because they pay) due to their low number.

Comparing professionnal dev to public one is just... well, you're pro, you should know

I have noticed framrate increase since I installed this patch.. I am glad.. before this, my FPS was stuck at 21-24 - did not matter how the settings was set, now during the campaign sometimes it goes up to 55 from 22 ..

I would like to thank all the devs for creating ARMA II :)

It was really worth waiting so long, but please don't wait so long again with a next successor :)

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

and also wanted to add :

ARMA II is a game that is only released on PC, not like all those other games.

So am I damn happy that I only play with other pc'gamers online and not with xbox or ps lamers!

not with xbox or ps lamers!

As one of these "xbox lamers" you speak of I'd strongly suggest you watch your flamebaiting in future, glad you like the game but criticising console gamers is not acceptable and simply smacks of PC user inferiority complex, you almost sounded like a Mac user there.......

1.2 million is very little considering the development and marketing costs for those kind of mainstream shooters, take Dice's BF series for example, Dice have to shift 4 million units (IIRC) before they start to make a profit and gain additional sales revenue.

I suppose that the answer to my question is "NO!!" but..... here we go...

¿Is in any place available some kind of financial report where we can see the sales of ofp, arma and arma2 and how much the develop of each game costs?

Dice have to shift 4 million units (IIRC) before they start to make a profit and gain additional sales revenue.

really...... that seems insane sense, what are the sales figues for this game so far then?

From the local shops i been to this game seems to be doing ok, though it does take the piss that steam ripps you off with download cost compared to store prices, but that has allways been an issue with downloading games and ones that i HOPE will be forced to change as it very unfair to users....differance is useally about 5-10 pound, quite a lot..

¿Is in any place available some kind of financial report where we can see the sales of ofp, arma and arma2 and how much the develop of each game costs?

If you ever find one let us know ;)

Btw, lot of spanish people reports (i don't know if that's true, i didn't have the game yet) that the localization onto spanish was very very bad, lot of times appear a ***TO TRANSLATE*** text were it was suppose to have the spanish text....

Still no dedicated video thead??

Anyways GOL CLAN Aircorps Video from last nights OP.

you almost sounded like a Mac user there.......

hahaha ;p

Well, the thing is that arma only releases on PC, and it is one of the few games.

Look at ofpda it will come out also on xbox and ps.

Gaming is for me (not an insult to anyone) best on pc!

Well, the thing is that arma only releases on PC, and it is one of the few games.

Very true imho, but it would be awesome for pc users to be able to play with console gamers in the same game. it would help keep the game alive and i think it would be good for pc gaming in not letting it die in the near future. Although i do not think pc gaming will be dead soon. It would be great to join the different player groups (xbox, ps and pc) to get massive amount of players. Keep the servers full

ok, but mainly then the quality of a game goes down, as for consoles they need to keep in mind the controller is limited

It seems they tried to get it to run on consoles, but failed.

So it's more "we can't figure it out" than "we don't port to consoles on principle" :)

28th - Sunday OP - GOL Clan

Aircorps - ArmaII - First Op Video

Infantry - ArmaII - First Op Video

CO 57 Derailed - Teaser - Coming Soon!

Edited by MattXR

28th - Sunday OP - GOL Clan

Aircorps - ArmaII - First Op Video

Infantry - ArmaII - First Op Video

CO 57 Derailed - Teaser - Coming Soon!

I really enjoy GOL's Coop Videos! ;)

Keep them coming :)

edit: Next time remove the music! It's completely unnecessary ;)

Edited by bravo 6