Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Um.. I have one in the works. Right now im trying to get this M1151 out of the water some. I also have a M1078 truck the up armored version.

That would be awesome to have your uparmor Vehicles back in ArmA2 :yay:

Proper humvees, YES! Great to see you working on these babies for ArmA2, NZXSHADOWS!

btw, you are going to include desert camo too, right? :) You know, for usermade desert maps..

The USMC lately use also soo much the RG-31 and RG-33 armore veichles r u or someone else working on them NZXSHADOWS !???:yay:

Group Link 4 Explosion FX

------------------------------

All explosion sounds i use was made by Mark XIII. :)

[/url]

Woh, it looks really great, those explosions are beautiful ! Reminds me the XAM in ArmA :p

If I can add my 2 cents I would say maybe increase the speed of the shockwave a little bit, and If I'm correct I think the sound goes with the shockwave

2imofil5GbM

Wonderful work !

and If I'm correct I think the sound goes with the shockwave

Nice vid! But nope, the sound != shock wave. The speed of sound is constant at roughly 340m/s (depends on air pressure, moisture, etc), but the shockwave from an explosion is not. At some specific distance from an explosion, unique to that explosion, the sound and shockwave will intersect, after which the sound will be faster than the constantly weakening and decelerating wave.

If the shockwave was subsonic then it would no longer be a shockwave.

It'd still be a shockwave. It is a shockwave until it stops moving. Just a shockwave without incredible power ^^

I also have a M1078 truck the up armored version.

If you do a HIMARS variant of the FMTV, I'll lick your face!

The M1151s are looking swish mate.

If the shockwave was subsonic then it would no longer be a shockwave.

A pressurewave doesnt have to be supersonic.

A pressurewave doesnt have to be supersonic.

A shockwave does. It is the definition of a shockwave.

On the video you clearely see a omnidirectional pressure wave, a sound wave which is always transsonic (hear the sound as the wave passes). A traveling (supersonic) object like a plane creates many of these waves but always travels outside them thus creating an envolope called a Mach wave (an infentisimally weak shockwave). A true normal or oblique shockwave appears when supersonic airflow meets an obstruction and is a result of an instantenious velocity reduction.

@Max Power, Im not trying to refute u :) ur first post was correct, I was just clarifying to ppl who might have thought from your statement that if its not supersonic then there is nothing there.

Big guns from RHS

Work continues; base textures ready except for tracks; soon effects will be applied; screenshots to follow while progress achieved

tulip2.jpg

tulip5.jpg

tulip4.jpg

tulip8.jpg

tulip9.jpg

Cheers!

TOPAS

Hands down love the model detail and weathering on the texture.

Hey SNKMAN our addons are going to go together sooo nicely :) you're interested in the actual explosion event, while I'm interested in what comes after :)

Hey SNKMAN our addons are going to go together sooo nicely :) you're interested in the actual explosion event, while I'm interested in what comes after :)

Yay! I'm salivating too see these together.

@Max Power, Im not trying to refute u :) ur first post was correct, I was just clarifying to ppl who might have thought from your statement that if its not supersonic then there is nothing there.

Ah! I thought you were replying directly to me. At any rate, feel free to refute me any time you think I'm wrong. I don't take it personally.

With a help of SgtAce I'm able to continue my work on A2 island projects such as Panthera v2.0 (very soon), Isla Duala (island divided by two countries, jungle) and Isla Terra (for World Domination mission).

Shot of new Panthera v2.0 that won't need CAA1 or any A1 addons anymore:

p2.jpg

(click to zoom)

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

SNKMAN: great WIP presentation, hopefully there will be more tweaks bringing it closer to realism and not so much toward Hollywood fx.

Here are two movies that might help you in tweaking tracers and HE stuff:

Please take into account:

Tracers should be more visible, orange flames/explosions can be only seen if you add a fuel of some kind, HE is basically only a thick smoke that explodes (try out controlled TNT demolition IRL) . That are main comments from our guys in the team.

Edited by IceBreakr

Sweet! I can't wait for Panthera, looked great in the ArmA1 WIP.