Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Irish, it's a real shame that your pc isn't letting you run Arma II I'm really looking forward to this F-22! I have a similar system to you but i'm running a 4890HD and I get the same lag, freezing and crashing it is really frustrating when you know that, with minimal bugs, Arma II could be contender for game of the year in my books.

Anyway I hope you get your problems solved asap!

I'd also like to ask (since you seem to be preetty (no, really really) good at modelling).. do you know of anywhere I can read tutorials? I'm looking to start modelling but whenever I try I always hit a pitfall and something goes wrong and I never manage to finish anything.

I guess this is swaying into the realms of being off-topic.. but I'd LIKE to make modded gear for Arma II so.. yeah..

Just a quick video of what ive been working on recently, still got a quite a bit to do but mostly just showing off the lighting effects, sparks and some other stuff. Anyway heres a rough video hehe..

Incredible mod, I really look forward to trying this out.

Good luck and thank you for your hard work!

I'd also like to ask (since you seem to be preetty (no, really really) good at modelling).. do you know of anywhere I can read tutorials? I'm looking to start modelling but whenever I try I always hit a pitfall and something goes wrong and I never manage to finish anything.

I guess this is swaying into the realms of being off-topic.. but I'd LIKE to make modded gear for Arma II so.. yeah..

Get a subscription to DigitalTutors.com They have some of the best video tutorials available. I personally use 3DS Max 2010 Design, but they also have tutorials for XSI, Maya, etc. If you don't want to spend the money on a 3D app, then I would go for XSI Mod (not sure what it's really called). Anyway, that's good enough for just making game assets.

Anyway, after you've gone through a few tutorials you'll at least have a better idea of what's involved. Then, it's just experience. No amount of tutorials in the world are going to make you a good modeler. You just have to keep making models, trying out new techniques, and just simply practice. It's something that takes a while to fully sink in. But, once you have it, you have it. (unless you don't model for a while, then you forget it all ;))

Don't know about other modeling software but 3ds max comes with tutorials and help files , if you read them you could learn the software without any video tutorials.

armo.jpg

The missile is almost done now the launcher vehicle needs to be finished ;)

Edited by USSRsniper

HOLY SH*T WHAT IS THAT!?!?

yes i know it is a missile, just what kind of missile?

this is an SS-23 missile (also known as oka 9K714), the successor of the scud-B , and was introduced in 1980 for the russian forces.

Edited by sgt_flyer

this is an SS-23 missile (also known as oka 9K714), the successor of the scud-B , and was introduced in 1980 for the russian forces.

No its SS-21 :)

Group Link 4 Special Edition Preview:

------------------------------------------

This package contains some W.I.P. pictures and movies showing some new "Visual FX" features i'm working on currently.

Visual FX Features:

--------------------

-Explosion Flash

-Explosion Sparks

-Fire Flash

-Shock Wave

-Dust Wave

-Debris

-Impact Sparks

-Impact Stones

-Impact Leaves

Group Link 4 Features:

-----------------------

-Dynamic Speaking A.I.

-Radio Chatter

-Backblast

-Blood Effects

-Sound FX

DOWNLOAD

This package contains some W.I.P. pictures and movies showing some new "Visual FX" features i'm working on currently.

Visual FX Features:

--------------------

-Explosion Flash

-Explosion Sparks

-Fire Flash

-Shock Wave

-Dust Wave

-Debris

-Impact Sparks

-Impact Stones

-Impact Leaves

Group Link 4 Features:

-----------------------

-Dynamic Speaking A.I.

-Radio Chatter

-Backblast

-Blood Effects

-Sound FX

DOWNLOAD

Very Nice!

cool)

Whether there will be customizable??

cool)

Whether there will be customizable??

Yes of course all FX are customizable.

You can change/enable/disable each FX by set the random chance higher or lower.

100 will disable the FX and 0 will show the FX any time after a vehicle was destroyed.

There also is a option to set the intensity of each FX by divide the default value by a custom set one.

Example:

By default there will be 100 - 300 sparks created after a vehicle was hit.

The default divider is 1.

This means the number of Sparks will not be reduced, but if you change the default divider to 2 or 3, then the number of Sparks which can be created will be divided by 2 or 3 which means the FX intensity will be divided by 2 or 3.

Great SNKMAN ! What about AI improvements ? Can you give us any information on that ?

Well it's still Group Link. ;)

A.I. do have all features which was available in Group Link 3 for A1 but of course with many optimizations.

A.I. may request reinforcement.

A.I. do unmount their vehicles.

A.I. react to suppressed fire.

A.I. react to gunfire.

A.I. may detect destruction of destroyed vehicles.

and so on....

The Group Link 4 A.I. Enhancement System is script based, which means there are no AddOns needed any more to enjoy a GL4 mission.

All features "Visual FX", "Sound FX", "Blood Effects" and "Radio Chatter" are AddOn based and only needed local on the player machine.

This means you can join a GL4 mission with or without AddOns.

All features besides the A.I. Enhancement are only checked for presence on the local machine in multiplayer. So if you have installed the given AddOn, then the given feature will be activated, even if the server does not have the AddOn.

Great pauliesss! :D

Finally some "supercamo" soldiers, I prefer MARPAT though, but ACU will be nice addition :)

Edited by Kristian

Glad you like it, still a very early version though, but will work on it as much as I can as it is my only project for ArmA2 right now. :)

Visual FX Features:

--------------------

-Explosion Flash

-Explosion Sparks

-Fire Flash

-Shock Wave

-Dust Wave

-Debris

-Impact Sparks

-Impact Stones

-Impact Leaves

Group Link 4 Features:

-----------------------

-Dynamic Speaking A.I.

-Radio Chatter

-Backblast

-Blood Effects

-Sound FX

This all sounds very interesting :) and quite close to my own interests. I enjoyed the ArmA1 GL and look forward to the next iteration, as well as the effects. I think it's deserving of a thread in it's own right, only a whim made me find this reference.

This all sounds very interesting :) and quite close to my own interests.

THX nice to hear that you like it. Yeah i know you are a very talented particle scripter as well. ;)

Thouse posts are only to show ppl, that some stuff is in progress they may like to see, but of course, when time comes i will open a seperate thread for GL4.

Just another W.I.P. muzzle effect.

Still some stuff to do, but i think good enough to give it a look. :)

WARNING! This effect may is a bit too much Hollywood for some ppl here, but that's why it's called W.I.P.

GL4 Special Edition Muzzle FX Preview

Edited by SNKMAN

Hi,all,

I'm creating JMSDF P-3C for ARMA2.

External Models,Textures,Animes are finished,but internal Models(such a Pilot-View) are not yet. I'm working now.

Sorry, I can't promise to release soon.

09070602.jpg

I'm trying to JMSDF DD MURASAME Class at same time.(50% complete)

09022701.jpg

.... in ArmA image

09021701.jpg

09021702.jpg

These rendering images are on Metasequoia(famous modeling tool in Japan ).

Edited by Wolfsburg
images URL are changed.