Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

NICE NZX!

Are you going to make a mk19 variant this time around?(please do)

I think my unit will switch to these if you put them out.

Ok sure.

The original guy asked about the possibility of ACE integration. What should have followed was the addon's author replying either:

• Yes, I intend to make the mod compatible with ACE / donate it to them
  • No, I don't care about ACE and it will be for Vanilla

Both are perfectly acceptable answers, since it's his mod and he can do what he wants.

What happened, was someone else chose to step in and voice their snide opinion about a mod that ends up as the scape goat in many threads. It's basically saying "fuck ACE, I don't want it molesting this addon", which certainly comes across as rude.

As I said before, making it ACE-compatible doesn't hurt anyone. Making it ACE-dependent, well sure - but that doesn't seem likely. It would have been better to not say anything OR state why it's wrong for the addon to work with ACE. But, simply throwing "I hope not" out there is a rude jab. There's nothing wrong with having your opinion but it's immature to go and spread hate around in various threads.

-Animal

No. He said, "I hope not". As in, "I hope there isn't an ACE 2 conversion" meaning, "I hope this vehicle isn't being converted to ACE 2". I'm just wondering how not liking something is all of a sudden rude.

Probably because its being unnesasarily hostile towards ace. I dont personally use it but there is no need to be saying "I hope ACE dont get it!" Because A. It wont affect us Vanilla users and B. It seems rather hostile to another team of people who work very hard

hmmm strange people around...

the beginning of progress is the end of "even or" logic-systems

so one vanilla, one ace version makes everyone happy if nzx likes.

...great model nzx !!! hope to see more great mraps

greetings

I don't mean to leap to the defense of Darkhorse- I only meant to be questioning the rudeness of someone expressing their preferences. However, now all of a sudden you're calling Darkhorse an 'unaccomplished person' in defense of calling him 'rude'.

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone knows what rude actually means.

Lads, i guess it is clear now how and what everyone thinks. Please come back on topic now, would you?

Thank you for your cooperation. ;)

I wrote "(usually unaccomplished)", but yes, perhaps rude, yet not far off and perhaps a little pay-back for all that bull they scattered all over the forums.

What I tried to say is that it seems usually the ones that don't contribute (much) to this community, who tear others hard work down.

Regardless of what he said elsewhere, was what he said here 'rude'? And in this discussion, was it worth being 'rude' in response? Next time he is rude to you, I wonder if it will be justified in your eyes.

i thought this is the WIP thread though.

Regarding comments, Enad was rude(but it sort of expected from his part). Darkhorse wasn't in the real sense.

But no matter what i find such comments a bit strange: how does an addon, which isn't made by you, which might be available for ace or any other mod out there just as it will be for the rest of the peeps as a standalone release, affect you? Do you have an inferiority complex of some sort?

I am sort of feed up with this sort of mindless comments, no matter what mod that is about. A mod/addon means a lot of work most of the time, and even if you are not using that particular mod, you can at least respect the time spent for having additional content and functionality available in this community.

So while i agree with Max that it doesn't mean it was a rude comment(darkhorse), i have to say it was more than unnecessary for the topic.

back to discussion few sites ago

it would be good to have vanila-arma addons, not addons that are only part of other mod

integrating vehicle into one mod only will make it not-useable for people using vanila engine or other gameplay-mod

Darkhorse said right , world "integration" means "including" in English, right ? it doesn't mean "standalone"

Yes, the request is 'to also integrate into mod', not to 'only integrate into mod'.

Anyway these things don't have to be requested publically; too left open to interpretation and unnecessary discussion, our fault. :)

Edited by Sickboy

I wrote "(usually unaccomplished)", but yes, perhaps rude, yet not far off and perhaps a little pay-back for all that bull they scattered all over the forums.

What I tried to say is that it seems usually the ones that don't contribute (much) to this community,

who tear others hard work down and seed negativism with possible demotivation as result, while they provide no alternative, constructive critisim, or anything themselves.

seems you are shoveling all the bull now......

the man voiced his opinion.... get over it.

Vilas is right. the majority of the senseless threads here are started because one mod doesnt work with another or they have a problem of some type. Less integreation or dependancy on 3rd party addons is absolutely necessary. Its much more important to concentrate on people being able to play with your addons, instead of worrying if they download 2GB of stuff and then listen to all issues of it not being set up propperly.

anyways.... back on topic.....

A-4 Skyhawk.

th_arma2oa2010-11-0620-31-13-68.jpg

th_arma2oa2010-11-0620-31-34-21.jpg

th_arma2OA2010-11-0218-26-37-25.jpg

Edited by wld427
spelling

I just got a few quick questions for the addon maker community. I see a lot of videos on YouTube of WIP addons…some videos are more than a year old. But I haven't found any info on a release or download.

What happens to those addons? Did the addon maker abandon the project or feel it wasn't up to the high standards of the community and start over? Or did they decide to keep it to themselves for more testing before releasing it?

I believe there's a helluva lot of addons out there that never made it to the downloads of Armaholic, ArmedAssault.Info or even here in the forums.

To all the great addon makers out there we really appreciate all you've done for us the gamers. The ability to create new addons and missions and constantly expand the ArmA universe is what makes this game so great. Without you this wouldn't be possible. So keep up the great work and we hope to see all those wonderful addons for download soon.

I just got a few quick questions for the addon maker community. I see a lot of videos on YouTube of WIP addons…some videos are more than a year old. But I haven't found any info on a release or download.

What happens to those addons? Did the addon maker abandon the project or feel it wasn't up to the high standards of the community and start over? Or did they decide to keep it to themselves for more testing before releasing it?

I believe there's a helluva lot of addons out there that never made it to the downloads of Armaholic, ArmedAssault.Info or even here in the forums.

To all the great addon makers out there we really appreciate all you've done for us the gamers. The ability to create new addons and missions and constantly expand the ArmA universe is what makes this game so great. Without you this wouldn't be possible. So keep up the great work and we hope to see all those wonderful addons for download soon.

Hear hear!!

Actually most of them just never get released. I'd say 90% of the stuff I've worked on in the last year hasn't been released.

most of them just never get released

That was actually what I was wanting to know. What happens to all those disused/incomplete addons? I'm sure there's a lot of nice stuff just sitting on ppl's hard drives waiting to get put to good use. :D

That was actually what I was wanting to know. What happens to all those disused/incomplete addons? I'm sure there's a lot of nice stuff just sitting on ppl's hard drives waiting to get put to good use. :D

they go to addon heaven

Wow okay, seems to me people aren't comprehending what kage74 is asking...

He's not asking where does it go, because if it isn't released it's either sitting on their hard drive or has been deleted.

He's asking WHY doesn't it get released.

He wants to know if its because the addon maker doesn't think its good enough to release, or because they found out that there is a problem in the config and it will crash Arma and they don't the time/energy/skill to fix it, or they just being selfish and don't want any one else to have it.

He wants to know WHY 90% of NouberNou's stuff doesn't get released.

honestly. i can tell you from discussions with other addon makers, that the community kills us at times.

for example.

i worked my ass off to port and update Franze's F-18 for project RACS. After all that work i recived nothing but PMs (and death threats) about how some people could not wait for me to release it so they can make thier own versions of it. So in the end i scrapped the entire addon cause no one wanted the version i made for PRACS they just wanted to rip it apart for thier own navy and marine skins.

in the end..... it really is the community itself the reason alot of addons never get released.

They wait on hard drives for many reasons , but nobody has to say anything. You're not entitled to their mods

And look, a perfect example posted less than an hour ago as to why addon makers might be reluctant to release something incomplete/imperfect...

About the btr-50. It was made by takko IIRC, so don't expect much more than a crappy representation. Some of the other vehicles might be his as well, so that could explain it.

...though you can pretty much rely on Darkhorse to slag addon makers good and bad.

Thanks for the reply wld, I appreciate the honest answer, and i'm sure kage will too.

Fox, theres no need to get defensive, someone asked for a reason, and a reason was given. No one is demanding that you release unfinished addons, they are your addons, and as such you are entitled to do whatever you please with them.

It was just curiosity.