Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I hate to say it, but Clancy also wrote that scenario. Except there were live torpedos. I don't rememberthe book, but I believe we were doing joint ops with japan, and they sunk 2 subs and crippled an aircraft carrier, managed to pass the carrier incident off as a training accident, until somebody realized the subs were gone...

Ya see, one reason he I like his books is because people die in it. He even killed off the president, the vice presidebt, most of the senate, and almost all of congress, in one stunning blow. (I am a bit biased though. "The only good politician is a dead politician". ;)

Also... in most of his books there is no "invincible american warmachine". Even the tech he invents takes a crapload of losses (frisbee type aircraft in Red Storm Rising). Of course, if your calling an american Armored Cavalry Regiment invincible, you deserve a cookie.

File:USA_-_3rd_Calvary_DUI.png

Blood and Steel!

(I have no life, I've read most, if not all, of his books. He is a damn good author. Clancy, W.E.B. Griffin, Clive Cussler, and Robert Ludlum are among the best writers in the world.)

OT: @Fail Cakes - Nice looking Eagle. How many polys is it at currently?

@Vilas - What countries use that helicopter?

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

@Vilas - What countries use that helicopter?

more and more , W-3 (except Poland) was bought by :

- Czech

- Birma (Myanmar)

- in past USSR/Russia had

- Korea

- Vietnam

- Philipines

- Germany, Spain, Portugal , Indonesia - 1-2 for Police

now China will mount some dozens

- some countries with 1-2 in civil hands

and today's wip, SA-8 for Polish army

60732217.jpg

56164650.jpg

Awesome Sa-8 Gecko "9K33 OSA" Vilas, it's looking very nice

Will u be letting others retexture versions for Russia, CDF, Insurgents, Takistan etc

This would be an awesome accessory to all those factions

Edited by vasmkd

Awesome Sa-8 Gecko "9K33 OSA" Vilas, it's looking very nice

Will u be letting others retexture versions for Russia, CDF, Insurgents, Takistan etc

This would be an awesome accessory to all those factions

community became lazy

you know, i asked at least twice or three time for CDF, TKST etc. reskins of my vehicles packs

M109, 2S1, BMP1, T64, T80... do you think anyone done it ? for period of half year (or more) since release

there will be only Polish version :] unless community will do reskin along with 2S1, M109, T80, BMP1, applying camo is not big effort in 2D software, but as you see there is no CDF/desert 2S1, M109, BMP1, T80, T64...

---------

edit: progress

30564651.jpg

22310015.jpg

Edited by vilas

I once talked to a sailor who was with an american carrier group during a international joint maneuvre. There a german dieselelectric submarine was actually able to get the carrier in its sights (and fire an imaginary torpedo), without being detected. There was a lot of fury over this in naval command, and said sailor was like "well reality isnt a Tom Clancy book".

Not to go too off topic... I agree with most of what you say, but check out Red Storm Rising. There is plenty of Russian kick-buttery, including Nimitz getting royally beat up.

I decided to turn my Desert Russian Naval Infantry into a naval infantry pack with woodland units as well. Coming soon yo.

Coming up the beach underfire from CDF artillery.

WNI4.jpg

Securing the beachhead whilst the fleet provides support.

WNI1-1.jpg

Mechanised Squad on patrol in Chernarus.

WNI3.jpg

Dear gods I want your rig. Beautiful!

Whos?

Ah, I was just confused cause Cmd said Slide Show ahoy and I thought....ah never mind.

modo_2010_11_23_15_44_06_89.jpg

ok , probably belongs in the addon resource thread, but anyone have any good references of the aussie uniforms in the pic? ones w/o shoulder pockets

btw , cheers to cameron for the camo swatch

Fox here you go

http://8troop.com.au/ASOD/images/thumbnails/DO-4A%20DPCU%2002.jpg

however keep in mind thats the old issue of DPCU, dont really think its issued any more. the current one has to large chest pockets with zippers, and two sleve pockets. also two very large leg pockets with zippers. also the rank slide is in the middle of the chest with the new one.

Newest version has no epaulettes, has the NATO-style rank slide in the middle, pockets facing inwards, blah blah blah blah...

...pictures speak 1,000 words, so here's me in mine.

Cams.jpg

EDIT - If you need a PSD for the pants, gimme a yell.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

:don 16:

As for the inevitable enquiries of "olol ou est ur helmutt/LAUNCH, lootenant?", they are both offscreen.

I bid you good day.

:dj:

Fox here you go

http://8troop.com.au/ASOD/images/thumbnails/DO-4A%20DPCU%2002.jpg

however keep in mind thats the old issue of DPCU, dont really think its issued any more. the current one has to large chest pockets with zippers, and two sleve pockets. also two very large leg pockets with zippers. also the rank slide is in the middle of the chest with the new one.

That man looks baked out of his mind.

lolsb.th.jpg

originaly planned just for my clan, started yesturday, nearly at a release point (alpha) may make a thread tonight for release...

Cheers

Rhodesy.

Holy crap that's awesome. Please release.

Ty good sirs.

I think im fine cmd, the webs are with me these days , I'm sure I can find pics