Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Hey those soldiers in that pic are from Cod MW2 models and not from arma2 ingame

Exactly. These in the last picture is my reference of how the units will look like, not mine :P

b00ce: are you aware that Vilas already did the transporter for A1 along with the USMC units with M41As and Smartguns?

b00ce: are you aware that Vilas already did the transporter for A1 along with the USMC units with M41As and Smartguns?

More than well aware, I play around with it a lot. :p Vilas' addon inspired me to do this, at first it was going to be just the dropship for the APC. In the course for reference hunting for the dropship, I came across a treasure trove of other stuff, IE the Pulse Rifle, flame thrower, smart gun, VP-70, APC, Helmets, Armor and clothing, tanks, artillery and other variants of the APC (From the CM:tech manual), headsets, the works. So, I decided to make the whole USCM arsenal. I didn't want to make the Dropship, armor, pilots, tank drivers, etc. and have him fill in the gaps, it wouldn't look right. :)

Had a bit of time tonight, so I started working on the interior texture. (It's lod0, which it why there are low poly models...The cargo lods will be higher poly.)

ClassFConsole.jpg

I've thrown a photo in there for reference. Feedback welcome.

Abs

Had a bit of time tonight, so I started working on the interior texture. (It's lod0, which it why there are low poly models...The cargo lods will be higher poly.)

http://www.picdrop.net/uploads/ClassFConsole.jpg

I've thrown a photo in there for reference. Feedback welcome.

Abs

Nice, more SciFi Stuff, and in awesome quality. Also thanks for your advice in the TIE-Fighter thread, I think you got me on the right track with those lasers.

Edited by Rellikki

Nice, more SciFi Stuff, and in awesome quality. Also thanks for your advice in the TIE-Fighter thread, I think you got me on the right track with those lasers.

Thanks for the compliments. ;) Also, thanks for quoting the picture so that it doesn't get lost on the previous page!

Also, no problem with the advice. Us scifi guys gotta stick together! Plus, I want you to get them in game so that once and for all we can resolve this Star Trek vs. Star Wars dilemma. :yay:

Just kidding.

Abs

Strictly speaking, the control panel and various elements within it seem out of proportion when compared to the photo. If you didn't show the photo, I would never have known. The artwork seems nice.

Strictly speaking, the control panel and various elements within it seem out of proportion when compared to the photo. If you didn't show the photo, I would never have known. The artwork seems nice.

Yea, they do. It's kinda hard to get perspectives right when even the orignal set had a smaller exterior than interior. People still, to this day, can't agree on the dimensions of the shuttle. Needless to say, this is forcing me to make a few judgement calls. Sometimes I go by photo references, and other times I go by line drawings (as in this case). It's a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the comment, Max. :)

Abs

http://img839.imageshack.us/i/helmet2.jpg/ http://img231.imageshack.us/i/helmet1r0.jpg/

My Iraqi helmet reskin after some changes.

What do You think?

Looking good though it could use a bit less yellow and more tan, if I am looking at the right helmet that is. http://warrelics.eu/forum/military_photos/other-militaria-sale/138744d1283621638-iraqi-m80-helmet-4956168925_3692a8aeaf.jpg Some of the scratched paint to reveal the olive drab base could add a great touch to it as well but I don't want you feeling as if I'm telling you how to make your addon :)

Yea, they do. It's kinda hard to get perspectives right when even the original set had a smaller exterior than interior. People still, to this day, can't agree on the dimensions of the shuttle. Needless to say, this is forcing me to make a few judgement calls. Sometimes I go by photo references, and other times I go by line drawings (as in this case). It's a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the comment, Max. :)

Abs

Oh I hate cases like that, it's a great image to image, the color and design is spot on but if I may:

The image looks as if it's a bit higher and less wide, for example going by the size of the horizon compared to the lights and panel beside it, if you were to upscale it to the size shown it would consume nearly that entire section.

This is hinted at further by the rows of lit buttons being more spaced from the yellow and red as well as being directly over the intercom rather than overlapping it.

EDIT: Also remember everybody, quoting images will earn you infraction points WEEE..note to self, remove IMG tags next time.

Edited by NodUnit

Oh I hate cases like that, it's a great image to image, the color and design is spot on but if I may:

The image looks as if it's a bit higher and less wide, for example going by the size of the horizon compared to the lights and panel beside it, if you were to upscale it to the size shown it would consume nearly that entire section.

This is hinted at further by the rows of lit buttons being more spaced from the yellow and red as well as being directly over the intercom rather than overlapping it.

Yea, you're right. I'm drawing on a single face, and I had to leave some room for the edges of the console to get that 3d look. I'll see what I can do to get that artificial horizon as big as possible, and I do suppose that the switches have a minor perspective error, so maybe I can fix that for a little bit more room. I'll also try reducing the height of the intercom to see if that lends to a better effect.

Did I mention I hate texturing? :D

Anyway, I might as well as show my current progress, since I'm here anyway. Working on the middle console right now. It's all hand drawn from scratch, except the two dials in the center console (middle and bottom. Middle one is my spedometer from a recent car ride in Germany. :) ).

cgz3dr0216.jpg

Abs

Edit: Oh, I meant to ask...when I get this into o2/in-game, the texture is severely degraded. I know there's a hundred possible solutions, but I'm wondering from your experience (anyone), what's the best way to reduce loss of quality when converting to paa? Thanks.

Yea, you're right. I'm drawing on a single face, and I had to leave some room for the edges of the console to get that 3d look. I'll see what I can do to get that artificial horizon as big as possible, and I do suppose that the switches have a minor perspective error, so maybe I can fix that for a little bit more room. I'll also try reducing the height of the intercom to see if that lends to a better effect.

Did I mention I hate texturing? :D

Anyway, I might as well as show my current progress, since I'm here anyway. Working on the middle console right now. It's all hand drawn from scratch, except the two dials in the center console (middle and bottom. Middle one is my spedometer from a recent car ride in Germany. :) ).

[imghttp://www.picdrop.net/uploads/cgz3dr0216.jpg[/img]

Abs

Edit: Oh, I meant to ask...when I get this into o2/in-game, the texture is severely degraded. I know there's a hundred possible solutions, but I'm wondering from your experience (anyone), what's the best way to reduce loss of quality when converting to paa? Thanks.

It's not to do with your texture detail settings, is it?

It's not to do with your texture detail settings, is it?

Nah, my texture detail settings are set to very high.

Abs

Had a bit of time tonight, so I started working on the interior texture

Hey Abs; not sure if you're in need of any reference; but just grabbed these for ya just in case

TOS 1x16 'Galileo Seven' screencaps (remastered)

If you can think of any other episodes featuring the interior in some longer scenes let me know; will take shots of it too

From what I recall shuttle sets were used also in Menagerie / Doomsday Machine.. Anything more?

Nah, my texture detail settings are set to very high.

Abs

Hmmm... the dimensions of the files are ^2 and they are under 2k or 4k, depending on your card?

Hey Abs; not sure if you're in need of any reference; but just grabbed these for ya just in case

TOS 1x16 'Galileo Seven' screencaps (remastered)

If you can think of any other episodes featuring the interior in some longer scenes let me know; will take shots of it too

From what I recall shuttle sets were used also in Menagerie / Doomsday Machine.. Anything more?

Awesome! I didn't have any screens that showed the center console clearly, and you've filled in that gap! (PS: Check out TrekCore...they have screens, sounds, and pretty much everything needed! It's a great resource for any other projects you may pick up.)

Topas, what do you use to convert your textures to paa?

Hmmm... the dimensions of the files are ^2 and they are under 2k or 4k, depending on your card?

Yep. my interior texture is 1024x1024. It works, it just looks of much lower quality. I'm looking for the best way to convert without losing too much quality. :)

Abs

Whatever I make is saved as a 24-bit .tga

Then I save it as a .paa (or .pac, it happens) in TexView2

Glad I helped ;)

Whatever I make is saved as a 24-bit .tga

Then I save it as a .paa (or .pac, it happens) in TexView2

Glad I helped ;)

Sounds like what I do. I guess I'm stuck with the results. Thanks, mate. :)

Abs

Awesome! I didn't have any screens that showed the center console clearly, and you've filled in that gap! (PS: Check out TrekCore...they have screens, sounds, and pretty much everything needed! It's a great resource for any other projects you may pick up.)

Yep. my interior texture is 1024x1024. It works, it just looks of much lower quality. I'm looking for the best way to convert without losing too much quality. :)

Abs

Try saving it in a DXT format if you can. From the wiki, it says that all other .paa files types are compressed.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks Max. I'll give that a shot. :)

Abs

Sounds like what I do. I guess I'm stuck with the results. Thanks, mate. :)

Abs

is this in bulldozer and ingame? Bacause if its just in bulldozer then it could be just the dozer settings.