Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Another option for doing work 'twice' would be for me just to have the experience of modelling ... well i mean building models, not that catwalk thingy ... :P

That said, my M93 Hornet mine might get an new 'body' ie model, since it was my first and quite 'coarse' and 'rusty' ...

Ah and BTT... the Javelin just got a major overhaul on system parts of the SMI ie GUI should be now 'ratio-safe' ... the javelin will also be included in ACE2 as well.

That done, the Stinger will be finished as well. It will come in two versions, one with and one without the IFF antenna. You will have to adhere to the RL way of using the Stinger MANPADS ie you will hear if you can lock the target or not. The Stinger will finally be soft-launched like it should as well.

my opinion (previous sites http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74243&page=110 ) comes from fact, that we lack of many many things in A2 comparing to OFP, and instead of doubling existing quite good work, maybe better to do new - missing things - Puma, new Marder, some self propelled artillery , some more chopers, some more armies of world (Indian, Sweden, Danish, France etc.)

i loved OFP for variety of armies of world , not for 24 the same AK 47 addons, not for 40 addons of the same G36...

for fact that in OFP we had Iran, Iraq, Brasil, Argentina, Dunish forces, Belgium etc....

THIS IS what I miss compared to OFP

and because of not doubling - i don't touch Bundeswehr/Flecktarn or British modern addons - cause i don't want get in path of others

i gave my work on Swedish forces to Sweds , i do Police, Law Enforcement and soon fireman to CTL - to give more variety, i made weapons exclusive for Binkowski, i made some other exclusive stuff for Polish forces etc. i hope to do Lithuaninan, i promissed do Indian etc.

do you think it is a problem to do for me another SLA, CDF ? no, but i will not touch it to not double what other people done, cause it is good we could have more armies instead of 5 versions of the same , for the same reason in Arma1 i was consulting WLD about releasing my RACS addons to not competee and thats why i made them for 1985 only (except as weapon holders in sixcolour and flora-looking units)

i.m.o. GOOD variety: Sweden, Irland, UK, US, USSR, Russia , Poland, Czech, Ukraina, India, Pakistan, France, Belgium, Netherlands......

BAD variety: ABC_MP5 pack, DEF_MP5pack, XYZ_MP5pack, FGH_MP5pack, IJK_MP5pack, 123_MP5pack, 345_MP5pack...

Edited by vilas

Your awesome.

OFP has about 8 years on A2, and people are going to make what they want to make, as they should, the different stuff will come with time, pretty sure if you look back there where alot of the 'same' things in OFP too.

this_thread_again.jpg

Vilas, when you pay everyone to make things you can tell them not to dupilcate work. In the mean time can you PLEASE get off your "i'm the best theres no need to [re]make anything I already have" high horse.

Seriously, people do this for fun, so they're gonna make whatever the hell they want to. Regardless if its been done a million times before or not.

It was boring when you preached it for OFP, it was boring when you preached it for ArmA1, and guess what, its still boring when you're preaching it now... :j:

Your awesome.

OFP has about 8 years on A2, and people are going to make what they want to make

i know, even AK74 with aimpoint on bolt cover without rail

the different stuff will come with time, .

OFP community differ from Arma community

OFP was in many countries popular, it had low PC requirements, people from poor countries used it and made their national addons

Arma2 is game for newest PC and in era of crisis in economy in some countries people not have such PC

also OFP was more popular in europe, asia, south america

now Arma2 is more popular in rich countries, so we have a lot of US, ADF, UK addons

while we have no addons from other countries

i remember year 2002, 2003, addons of India, Indonesia, African countries and etc.

now those people cannot afford PC :(

OFP had its unique atmosphere and it made over million people use it (how much not legal copies and games... i can only guess another million)

pretty sure if you look back there where alot of the 'same' things in OFP too

and thats why i not allow others release the same existing addon

if i allow , in Arma 1 you would have 6 packs of my Bradley in woodland camo but with other tags , using the same texture, the same model, the same config (many of those people who asked, had no idea about addonmaking, configs, modelling, they just wanted "to be famous")

in OFP it was annoying and confusing - you wanna do mission and release mission, you have 30 MP5 packs, 20 G36 packs, 40 AK 47 packs using one CS model - which one to use in such mission, it was disorder and many missions released by people were not played, cause "i have on PC ABC_MP5 addon, XYZ_MP5 addon and 123_MP5 addon and now should i download FGH_MP5 addon ???"

better have 2 quite similar weapons packs than 20 the same

every organization, work, structure - works better as organized

every "technical standard" and universality makes possible change parts and use more effective

thats why i don't do some addons, to not compete and not make mess, simply when i want Desert Eagle and some other pistols - i use RH addon

if i want L85 i use UKF weapons etc.

better to have some base of packs and than (saving time) do more armies

i promised on private requests do Lithuanian and Indian and opfor for India

and it is sad that we don't have Belgian, Netherlands, Denmark, Czech, Ukrainian, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Argentina, Brasil, Portugal, Greek, Serb, Algerian, Indonesian, Swedish, Norway, Japan, Napoleonic 1808, 1864, 1914, 1939, 2050 armies , but we will have 4 versions of the same for example

in OFP we had even Leonardo Da Vinci auto-gyro, baloon with PK, Lego warriors, samurai, dinosaurs, Rambo-mod, Bruce Willys skin, Clint Eastwood cowboy, Nogova forces, Korean weapons etc.

i remember Belgian mod, i remember Iran mod, i remember Rambo-movie mod i remember Battle over Hokkaido and much more , 1000's of addons on my disc for OFP

i wish to see wolfs (animals), Wolfs (Mercedes Puch G), Japan forces, Belgian, Norway, historical etc. like i wish to see Puma, Marder 1A3/5, Gepard , Comanche etc.

i prefer more geographical variety

i believe more people could start addonmaking to be more creative, as OFP community was

you have right to your own opinion, i just said my opinion, cause i really miss OFP geographical variety

Edited by vilas

and thats why i not allow others release the same existing addon
if i allow

You don't control anyone here, no matter how good you think you are, sure people are grateful for the work you do, and it is good, but that doesnt mean you are there master. Try not to lose any sleep over it.

As DM said people are not being paid here, therefore they have no obligation to anyone to do anything other than what they want.

They should also be able to do it without someone barging in telling them to stop making what they want to, just because they've seen it before, you have no right to.

By all means give some constructive critiscm, but stop short of trying to control everything.

Anyway my opinion your opinion, this is the WIP thread, im out.

I think Vilas meant that he doesnt allow" others to use his work to re-release. Not that he doesnt allow others to do already excisting ones.

But i agree. Everyone should be able to do what they want without having people bashing them.

@sabre : you misunderstood what i said

i can "control" whom i give my "work"

other - i can only advice what i think

Sabre - 6 people asked to release my Bradley with my textures - what for ? if it was in small addon , few MBytes ??

3 people asked for my German weapons to release their German packs (AG36, MG4, MG3, HK P8) what for if my addon was few mbytes ?

i offered my weapons to BW mod myself, they decided not to use it, but i see no sense in someone releasing the same models and textures for forth time if they had nothing their own made (back to discussion started site ago by mr.g-c )

there were /are some people in community (newbies in 2008) which wanted "release" your addon again, changing tag before file , what for ?

if mod has 10 their own models, my model can be eleventh, but if such person has zero his own and wants my/your model to be his addon ?

belive me, many mods have my work since 2008, many, some even not released as Italians get Leopard 1 but not released, some more people - Leo 1,2 was given for example for 5 mods to be released in their national camo /symbols with their infantry, even if mod collapsed and has no release or only clan-addons...

it is answer (and previous site) for mr.g-c questions

when i saw Jaguar mesh and ask for LEO1 - i just informed that it exist , and some community members made "problem" of my information, that something already exist and is released since months

By all means give some constructive critiscm, but stop short of trying to control everything.

i told it is very detailed and very good, i see no reasons for criticism Desert Rat screens

http://www.irandefence.net/showthread.php?t=319

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/shinecommerce/1774

i can only support him with reference gallery

Edited by vilas

@vilas: with all due respect, you are taking things too personal.

1. there is no point posting in the WIP thread about things you also post everywhere else. If i wanna do a pack of AKs, i am pretty sure, no matter what you would advise, that i am gonna do it anyways, even though you have already covered those AKs.

2. everyone is free to use his own time as they want. In the end, most of us doing models, or any sort of other addons, are doing them for our own pleasure, and not because we need to populate the community with a widder range of toys to play with. At least this is my POV. If it happens that my model have not been covered by anyone else, even better, but not really my point.

3. i can do the same model different than your did it, or even try to compete and surpass yours, isn't it?

While i know most of the time there is no point reinventing the wheel, there are times when it's damn worth it.

So my own advice to you, in a very respectful way, would be to STOP spamming Request and WIP threads with your own opinions (which are not even related to the posted msj), and understand that there can be 20 versions of the same AK, the community will choose which one they wanna use anyways.

that there can be 20 versions of the same AK, the community will choose which one they wanna use anyways.

but than we miss Belgian army, Netherlands army, Denmark, Czech, Ukrainian, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Argentina, Brasil, Portugal, Greek, Serb, Algerian, Indonesian, Swedish, Norway, Japan, Napoleonic 1808, 1864, 1914, 1939, 2050 armies...

we have no Mercedes G, we have no Unimog, we have no ... etc. etc. etc.

so what you are telling me is that you, or anyone else, can keep scores of what i am gonna do with my own free time, and what i am allowed to model?

sorry, that is not gonna cut...

Have to agree with pufu, I just model stuff for myself and if its good enough to release then I do, if someone else has done it too I don't mind/care because I have mine which I made cause I wanted to, not cause someone else wanted me too.

Just to nudge ourselfs back on topic, work is continuing on Bennyboys Scimitar from eons ago! Textures are WIP along with the specs/norms

scimitar.th.jpg

Nice work Jtec. UKF stuff always impresses.

Here is a pic of some of the retexures i've been playnig with, there is more Aussies and some Kiwis you might have seen in the screenshot threads, in this pic there is WIP Aussies, Danes, Belgians and Jordanians. All based off Johnny and ardvarks SF units, thanks again fellas. So they wont be 100% accurate to each country.

You may also see i've put some Tan on RH's M4's, i've also got some green and brown ones, thanks to him for those aswell.

pc1s.jpg

Click for Hi-Res

Still working on getting them standalone, i know it's supposed to be easy, but I have no problems saying im quite the retard when it coems to that stuff.

There is simple cure for multiple modellers dooing the same model many times:

make it right the first time and make it so good that noone will bother trying to make it better.

If a modeller does the weapon second time (like I did with M4 and M16 that were allready in game - both BI and Source ports) it is because he thinks he can supply better quality.

And if he is sucessfull it is in mightly poor taste to complain about him outdooing the original stuff.

su47back.jpg

su47bottom.jpg

su47sideright.jpg

su47top.jpg

To Do!

-Turbo Smooth

-Inversing of Inversed Polygons to reduce size

-Skinning and Texturing.

-Rigging

-Export to O2 / Scaling

-Setup in O2

Sabre, that's a cracking bit of texture work mate.

Agreed, those textures look awesome, nice to see some alternative SF appearing, not just the plain old US forces :)

Here is a pic of some of the retexures i've been playnig with

Take it easy on the "sharpen" filter in photoshop ;)

To Do!

-Turbo Smooth

-Skinning and Texturing.

-Rigging

-Export to O2 / Scaling

-Setup in O2

turbosmooth cant be good for game models

All based off Johnny and ardvarks SF units, thanks again fellas

;)

And I´d remove the pic in your quote...

Just to nudge ourselfs back on topic, work is continuing on Bennyboys Scimitar from eons ago! Textures are WIP along with the specs/norms

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/scimitar.jpg

I like it. Finally, the USAF A-10s will have something to shoot at on Chernarus :p

http://h.imagehost.org/0315/su47back.jpg

http://h.imagehost.org/0579/su47bottom.jpg

http://h.imagehost.org/0773/su47sideright.jpg

http://h.imagehost.org/0810/su47top.jpg

To Do!

-Turbo Smooth

-Skinning and Texturing.

-Rigging

-Export to O2 / Scaling

-Setup in O2

If you want to get it as correct as you can, you have quite a bit of modelling to do on this aircraft. I am not even an expert on this thing and I can tell just by looking at it that it is not very accurate... or did you not model this?