Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

hi, wouldn't it be better to take parts of the spec ops model(like the vest) by johnny and add them to the existing recon operators body(the ones with the helmet)?

would that yield higher quality results?

hi, wouldn't it be better to take parts of the spec ops model(like the vest) by johnny and add them to the existing recon operators body(the ones with the helmet)?

would that yield higher quality results?

The models are already fairly high quality.

@Uglyboy: It looks like a marker for an Ion Cannon Strike to me. Or possibly a radio or communications device.

M93 Hornet WAM (Wide Area Munition)

but you are right too, kinda, the mine has been re-classified as 'munition' since its really more than a mine already...

also the others are right with 'sensors' and 'communications' good analysis of the picture.. ;)

The munition senses with seismic and acoustic sensors for target specific signatures.. you can set the munition to 'TANK' and 'ALL' for target preference ie it only senses for heavy threaded vehicles or any vehicle above a certain size... (that means no bunnyhop bicycles...)

It then turns the upper part into the direction of the perceived target, the mortar tilts and then a skeet warhead is shot in a flat arc over the target. The skeet warhead uses IR and laser to scan for valid targets (ie not destroyed and 'tank' or 'all') ... in the right moment it detonates and fires a EFP from right above the target to attack the weakest parts...

This addon is a refined port from my Arma1 project, it worked already like described above ... so stay tuned..

RL:

Arma1 ingame:

Edited by PhilippRauch

oa, thanks very much! :p im flattered..

now i even got 'backup'... some very able guys offered already help and now many projects are at a stage where i can actually give those willing hands something to do... there is a lot on the list...

M93 (subproject of VIG_Mines) (maybe Hornet II systems too)

Javelin

TMD (current CBU variants)

Stinger

MOPMS (uses the same 'remotecontrol' as the M93)

SFW (Sensor Fused Weapon, subproject of TMD)

... and even some more exploding stuff

Edited by PhilippRauch

Great, can you give them some more volume on the mustaches? Looks a bit flat there.

Great job.

Bad Benson,

Awesome work my friend! I can't wait to see those.

Nice work, keep it up :-)

Will they all have the same Headmodel or is it changeable?

Or make both, some with that head and some with a headmodel that can handle custom faces/normal arma2 faces

Edited by Clawhammer

@sparks: will do...thx for pointing out.

@Clawhammer: i made it so the headmodel will behave like a normal one. so u can use whatever face u want and it'll have a beard on it (mesh and texture). just need to find out how to eleminate the default camo faces in the config cuz the green camo stuff doesn't really fit desert style units imo. if someone knows pls PM to me (don't have time to research atm).

i also am struggling with getting the pouches on the vests rigged. lotsa clipping. if someone is experienced with that pls contact me. those are the only two things to do before a beta release.

Edited by Bad Benson

Finally have a working version of my manual artillery gun aiming system. It uses animations instead of the mouse to adjust the tangent and elevation of the gun so you do not have to use your mouse (which sucks at it).

Click for bigger version...

manual_aim_small.jpg

I will post videos tomorrow (probably)... but a simple explanation of whats on the screen...

In the center obviously is the adjust tools, traverse left and right runs horizontally, and the elevation controls run vertically. They go in increments of 1, 5, 25, and 100 mils. On the left, the DT (Desired Tangent) and AT (Actual Tangent) is displayed, the same on the right for Elevation. When you use the adjust tools you click to adjust to the desired value and the actual shows where the gun is currently aiming at, since the gun adjusts fairly slowly.

Below that is the ammunition statuses showing the current ammo and charge and the total rounds available for that type (I cant use the ingame ammo count because I have to use multiple magazines to simulate the different charge numbers).

Below that is the listbox with all the available ammo types for the gun and two the right is the button to select which round.

Then the big red fire button. That fires the gun! ;)

It works out really nice. Makes realistic manual aiming all that much more enjoyable!

Very nice. How does it handle being on uneven ground? Can the player make adjustments to counter that?

Very nice. How does it handle being on uneven ground? Can the player make adjustments to counter that?

That is what I am looking into today! Gun leveling is a major factor.

Will you include them in ACE as well?

Yeah thats my wish number two

But wish number one is ACU and BDU camo

Please do it!

Thanks for your work Binkowski!