Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Opticalsnare, it would be interesting to see those particle effects when used indirectly? But yah that looks great.

14k Pol, 18k verts. Still working on decreasing those numbers, fixing some normal issues, optimizing the general mesh for better smooth groups etc..still plenty of work to do before export to O2, and additional LOD creation

Who modeled what? :)

Your model is now out of date. The Army is currently updating all Kiowa's with a new gun mount. ( It will be easier for you to model too!! ) As always the main source for all things Kiowa related are on http://www.kiowapilots.com . Get your info from the men and women who are the heart and soul of the best scout helicopter in the world.

Photo thread:

http://www.kiowapilots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13946

Heres a quick small teaser from me mod im working on, thought id better make a video of something just to show that i have been a busy bee.

WIP of a MLRS / Heavy Explosion / Particle and Lighting Effects

Please Opticalsnare, release it already !

I can't wait for your work since you first announced it months ago.

Anyway, happy to see you still work on it. These are the most awesome explosion effects I ever seen.

Mai gawd... those explosions O.o

Must be cool looking a ammo-truck blow up with some scripted explosions :D

Mai gawd... those explosions O.o

Must be cool looking a ammo-truck blow up with some scripted explosions :D

Oh the the ammo trucks and fuel trucks have their own custom explosions and particle effects. :rolleyes:

Your model is now out of date. The Army is currently updating all Kiowa's with a new gun mount. ( It will be easier for you to model too!! ) As always the main source for all things Kiowa related are on http://www.kiowapilots.com . Get your info from the men and women who are the heart and soul of the best scout helicopter in the world.

Photo thread:

http://www.kiowapilots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13946

well, the link you provided requires registration to see the pictures attached. And new registrations have been disabled = cannot see those pictures of the new gun mount.

I'd love to update my model based on the new weapon system, but without proper reference i cannot do that...

Great work on the AR Platiff/MP

Opticalsnare felt he had to block me on YouTube I apparently bothered him so much.

Looks great!

Would it be possible to free up some resources and make a realism gain at the same time by having the various sparks/particles DIE/burn-out at a variety of pre-set times (randomization might tax the system too much?)?

Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to randomly vary the direction and style of the splash? For example, one explosion might kick up sparks mostly back towards the direction the missile came from, like a shotgun. Maybe in an update?

Help us, OptiSnare, you're our only hope!

When you make your demo movie, you should have Shilkas shoot at different spots on the distant horizon, within view-distance, while soldiers walk across at night, like in Saving Private Ryan.

Help us, OptiSnare, you're our only hope!

When you make your demo movie, you should have Shilkas shoot at different spots on the distant horizon, within view-distance, while soldiers walk across at night, like in Saving Private Ryan.

I don't remember Saving Private Ryan having Shilkas involved. :yay:

Looks freaking amazing Opticalsnare, can't wait!

Pufu, how much work would it be to convert that sweet looking Kiowa of yours into the helicopter it is based on, the Bell 206 JetRanger? I hope atleast that if it's not work that you want to do, or work that you don't have the time to do that you'll consider letting someone else do that very conversion, damn fine modelling too!

Unwrapping is going well! So far this is using 2 textures. I'm only posting this because I'm proud of it because I did it in a fairly short time. There is still some distortion here but I think it's almost ready to go to 02.

XM177e2_Unwrap.jpg

This is what I have spent the VAST majority of my time doing.

Dropshipweaponsclosed.jpg

dropshipweaponsopen.jpg

dropshipgearsdown.jpg

dropshipgearsup.jpg

Just a bit more to do, I consider this the most time consuming portion. Finishing up the ramp today, need to add the hydraulics, and after that I need to model the cockpit. Still needs textures, the config, and a few other things.

Damn you to hell man! I was gonna try an start work on a UD-4L when I get my new computer up and running :P ! Great stuff man if you need any extra info i can scan you some pages from the colonial marine's technical manual. Nice to see this bird in the pipeline!

is it the same freeware model mesh that i have ?

simply i had no time to do it for Arma1 along with APC and Colonial Marines addon

is it the same model ?

if it is freeware mesh by someone (i have something which looks the same) than don't call somebody's work - your own

i have the same freeware model on my disc since 2 years

dropship.jpg

Edited by vilas

wipchin.th.png

High Res image....

WIP of next version of Chinook, with cargo transport abilities and many other fixed and new features!

Aimed at the British MP squads, U.S version coming from Eddie also.

Not long now

I've been working on this.

The left nipple on your Venus De Milo is way too perky - The average temperature in greece was about 26 degrees celcius at the time the statue was finished, far from enough to fully erect a nipple.

The left nipple on your Venus De Milo is way too perky - The average temperature in greece was about 26 degrees celcius at the time the statue was finished, far from enough to fully erect a nipple.

Maybe the scultper was blowing on them?