Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Thanks, Gedis, but I've already got quite a few referance images. About 150MB to be exact. lol Also, making some progress on the Raptor. I'll be done with the landing gear tonight, and I've got most of the 'corrections' to the model made. I was actually using some old low-res 3-view blueprints that I had. Back when I found those, they were the only 3-views available. However, after I modeled most of the aircraft, (which wasn't even the correct shape) I found some high-res, near perfect 3-views. Go figure, huh? lol

Oh, and I have been considering adding the Lockheed 'Skunk Works'/Gulfstream/Supersonic Aerospace Intl QSST to my model list, but I'm not sure if anyone would want it. It's a 'Quiet Super Sonic Transport', Executive Jet. The airframe is shaped to reduce the N-Wave that's created during super sonic flight, therefore, even at mach speeds above 40k ft, it only produces about as many dB as flying a kite. It works by using the airframe shape to bounce the N-Wave into a low angle back up to the aircraft after hitting the shockwave of air coming off the nose. It's then deflected mostly rearward instead of down toward the ground.

I think it could be fun to have ViP transport missions. For ex, having to take out SAM sites and enemy aircraft, then using close air support to make it from one airfield to another. Anyway, just a thought.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in having one made. I don't really want to model it if nobody would use it to make missions. Here's a couple pics and a vid:

http://www.science.edu/TechoftheYear/Nominees/LockMartSkunk/QSST.jpg (sorry about the image size)

jet.jpg

Vid:

Edited by IrishDeviant

Come on, man. This is a WIP thread. If you want a thread to announce your plans, why not make a thread of your own?

It's just a very early WIP. Why not leave forum moderating to the forum moderators?

It's just a very early WIP. Why not leave forum moderating to the forum moderators?

well just look at his post count...you don't get that many by posting about useful things ;)

Just teasing plantiff...

Ok, I'm here so I'd better post otherwise somebody will comment about my lack of posting a WIP. This is the TAC50 model that Dasquade and I are working on - this time I'm messing around with the "super shader" and trying to get best results. Its shaping up pretty well. This is rendered In bulldozer - 1x 2048^2 texture on the gun and 1 texture for the scope.

tac50super.jpg

I may or may not have just came in my pants.

Come on, man. This is a WIP thread. If you want a thread to announce your plans, why not make a thread of your own?

This stops right here, right now. You are not a moderator here and you do not get to tell other people what they can and can't post.

If you see a post that violates the rules, then report it.

wow! some really fantastic work in here! great stuff everybody!

Just a quick update, started work on texturing the F-117A. Still trying to get a decent base texture for it to simulate the anti-radar paint finish, but getting there slowly.

F117A_TEST_th.jpg

Just a quick update, started work on texturing the F-117A. Still trying to get a decent base texture for it to simulate the anti-radar paint finish, but getting there slowly.

[img/]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/fortran2000/F117A_TEST_th.jpg[/img]

Fortran, your Knighthawk is looking great! Also, as far as the base texture, the radar-absorbing paint is actually coated in Ferrites (magnetic compound). This gives the surface of the aircraft a sort of rough texture. It's very subtle though, from standing more than 10 ft or so away, it just looks like it's a matte finish. But, you might be able to do something with the normal map to represent it. I'll see if I can find some high-res images that show it, but it's very rare to find one close enough and from the right angle to see the very faint shadows from the surface texture.

Also, scubaman3D and Defunkt, great work on the TAC50. It's really starting to look good with the texture. Look forward to using it!

I don't have the gear finished yet, so I'm not going to bother with renders. But, the Raptor is coming along. Although, I might be heading to Chicago to visit my brother for a week. If I go, I'll be leaving Saturday and won't get back until the following weekend. So, I may not be able to work on the Raptor. I'll take my laptop, but doubt I'll have much free time.

Anyway, great work everyone!

well just look at his post count...you don't get that many by posting about useful things ;)

Just teasing plantiff...

Ok, I'm here so I'd better post otherwise somebody will comment about my lack of posting a WIP. This is the TAC50 model that Dasquade and I are working on - this time I'm messing around with the "super shader" and trying to get best results. Its shaping up pretty well. This is rendered In bulldozer - 1x 2048^2 texture on the gun and 1 texture for the scope.

IT LOOKS FINE, RELEASE IT ALREADY! :butbut:

Just teasing plantiff...

Looking impressive, of op zijn Vlaams: Kei Schoon, maat!

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Nice work, Fortran, can't wait to fly that bad boy. Already thought about the load it will be carrying?

Still trying to get a decent base texture for it to simulate the anti-radar paint finish, but getting there slowly

Like IrishDeviant posted, you might want to make a normal map for that. I did it for the TAC50 aswell...i even used a reference picture and remade an accurate heightmap sample of the relief. Turned out pretty realistic imho. After that it is up to the shader settings to give it that extra look.

@Black²: Watch your caps lock use (but i don't want to moderate :) ). It will be done when it is done mate, and even then we have to check when or how we will release it.

@Black²: Watch your caps lock use (but i don't want to moderate :) ). It will be done when it is done mate, and even then we have to check when or how we will release it.

10-4, im just enthousiastic :D and it was a joke n all :butbut:

I may or may not have just came in my pants.

it was a group experience :omg:

brb with fresh undies

nice work all,

just been chipping away at the building segments a bit more, been working on loding the other bits mostly though.

buildingtest22.th.jpg

@Naoyuki - quality work mate :)

[quote=Naoyuki;1381940

moved to ArmA2. still making it...

Sweet bird!

Edited by p75

omg Su-33!!!! O.O

the most beutifull carrier borne aircraft in the entire world!!!

more pictures plz

how much does it weight in polygons, points, etc ?

btw, love your precision ;)

and are there any plans of making Su-27KUB a.k.a. Su-33UB ?

omg Su-33!!!! O.O

the most beutifull carrier borne aircraft in the entire world!!!

more pictures plz

how much does it weight in polygons, points, etc ?

btw, love your precision ;)

and are there any plans of making Su-27KUB a.k.a. Su-33UB ?

hi.

It becomes about 10700~12500polygons,9600~12000points. by main LOD though it changes in the kind.

Su-27KUB is not thought now.

When Su-33 is completed, it thinks.

Su-27KUB is not thought now.

When Su-33 is completed, it thinks.

no rush, Su-33UB is not in service yet :)