"US Soldier" can be whatever from a marine to delta operator or a ranger, or just US Army grunt. The loadout also depends heavilly on situation.

Good idea, just not the Obama addon . . . cause some nitwit will make a 'kill the nobama' mission . . . and then its all over from there.

wait, there IS an Obama addon? where?

wait, there IS an Obama addon? where?

How did you get that there was an Obama addon from that post? That post is saying that it isn't a good idea to have an Obama addon.

sorry, Yeah how about the President addon? maybe the president of kriplakastan? How about the vehicles instead? huh..

a US soldier is sure as hell not a US marine and vice versa :P dont make that mistake lol.

a US soldier is sure as hell not a US marine and vice versa :P dont make that mistake lol.

They are both in the military, operate as infantry and carry guns, they seem alike to me. :cool:

Those soldiers are Special Forces, 5th SFG to be more accurate, in that video. That's why they don't look normal.

A US soldier is does not specifically mean army or marines. it is simple a soldier of the united states. Not sure what you are trying to say there Rhodesy. Although there is a difference between an Army Soldier and a Marine Corps Soldier.

There were many different uniforms in the vid. It looked like a montage of multiple users. The uniforms featured in OA are called ACUs, or Army Combat Uniform. They're digital, and have a gray appearance. Most of the uniforms in the video are called "DCUs" or Desert Combat Uniforms (3 colored brown uniforms.) Those haven't been issued to main echelon soldiers since the beginning of '05, so if you want to find a mod, I suggest searching for US Army infantry 2004 or 2003 for that look. Other than that, someone has to make it.

Those soldiers are Special Forces, 5th SFG to be more accurate, in that video. That's why they don't look normal.

A US soldier is does not specifically mean army or marines. it is simple a soldier of the united states. Not sure what you are trying to say there Rhodesy. Although there is a difference between an Army Soldier and a Marine Corps Soldier.

Rhodesy's point (please correct me if I'm wrong, Rhodesy) is that somebody in the USMC is known as a Marine, not a soldier. In the same way as you'd refer to somebody in the Navy, as a sailor not a soldier.

ah ok, because I took it as this.

sol·dier (sljr)

n.

1. One who serves in an army.

2. An enlisted person or a noncommissioned officer. <<<<

3. An active, loyal, or militant follower of an organization.

I would love to see some western European terorrists, 1970's and 1980's style.

Especially with the new UK Army DLC coming out some IRA guerrillas would be kick ass.

than please do reskin yourself :)

it will work, you have my pack, you can do reskin easy by editing colours etc.

take my addon pack (soviet vehicles) and reskin it anyhow you want

If I knew how to do it and I actually had the skill, I would do it by now :)

I would love to see some western European terorrists, 1970's and 1980's style.

Especially with the new UK Army DLC coming out some IRA guerrillas would be kick ass.

I do have a config for some 70/80s IRA units kicking around on my computer, based on the A2 guerillas. They do need retexturing though, which isn't my skill; if somebody/anybody can/is willing to do the textures, I'd be happy to release them.

soldier and marine arguments aside, 7Cav is right, most of the soldiers in that video are SF circa like 2004 or 2005, with some random regular army guy cutting in pictures from his deployment. Acoustic, the soldiers in OA (aside from the delta guys) represent regular army guys, mechanized and stryker infantry to be exact. Their uniforms and gear are pretty much correct as far as what is worn and used today, aside from the SCARs.

a good e2 hawkeye would be quite nice to have flying around

Probably should get a Nimitz-class carrier for it to take off from first. The same would go for any variant of the F/A-18.

If I knew how to do it and I actually had the skill, I would do it by now :)

corel or photoshop

select area, change color of my texture and make your own version of texture (with changed colours, it is not hard to do it)

than simple config prescribed on my forum and you have your own addon of T80 for CDF :)

To anwser this chaps original question. There are a few mods that have units in DCU uniform. For example the TF86 Seal pack has similar looking operators in it. However there is no mod that i know of existing that reskins the regular US army soldiers found in arrowhead to wear DCU.

I'd love to see someone take a crack at building a 40x40km map or larger. A map based of something like Afghanistan would be easiest for this type of job but would be rather rewarding. The OA maps seem lackluster with their relatively small size...

Hell if someone was dedicated at trying this, I'd join in :) Was going to start one before myself but time is not on my side.

I've never done map editing before, but if you were willing to teach me I'd help out.

Just got back from somewhere and I appreciate all the answers. It looks like I wasn't too clear on what I meant. The colors look find to me in game but I am wondering about what they carry. Even when you select a Arma 2 US Men w/ backpack it doesn't resemble what an actual soldier carries.

http://www.ccun.org/images/2009/March/16%20p/us%20patrol%20in%20Mosul%2016mar9y.jpg

Look at that. That's what most soldiers look like, but the ones in Operation Arrowhead don't. At least to me they don't.