there should be a mod for shooting out of the Humvee you know? like as passengers. cuz other wise we just sit there helpless to the action going on around us

I would smack the first one of my soldiers that ever tried to shoot out the window of a moving humvee.......

gunners have specific sectors they cover.... another soldier shooting out a window makes manuever very very dangerous.

Requesting AH-64D Radar Dome model fix for ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA

The Apache Longbow is my favorite attack chopper, and its addition to the game was one of the reasons I finally decided to buy Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. However, something strikes me as a little off about the model - the Longbow radar dome. It is admittedly a small discrepancy, and not one that would trouble most people at all, but such things tend to grow my mind and irritate me in the long run.

Here are a few reference photos of Longbow radar domes:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/7764946/2/istockphoto_7764946-longbow-radar-apache-helicopter.jpg

http://www.ivanirlamphotography.co.uk/images/Main%20Images/IIP-Apache-Fairford-600dpi.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Apache_Longbow_Gesamtansicht.JPG

http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_AH-64D_Over_Water_Frontal_lg.jpg

As you can see, the radar dome is rounded - flat on top and distinctly curved on its sides. Compare that to the picture of the Apache in ArmA 2, shown below.

http://www.pcgamersworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ARMA2-Arrowhead-vehicles-Apache.jpg

The radar dome on BIS's version of the chopper is much more flat on the sides. Is it possible for a little model editing to be done to fix this and replace the default helicopter, without affecting multiplayer? I hardly think it would affect the collision model on the chopper at all.

Furthermore, the problem with the model becomes more apparent the more distance there is between the player and the helicopter, and is visible over a great distance.

Edited by The Coyote

did u take a closer look at those radar domes??.

look at the height differences only between your rl screenshots.

if u ask me u have 2 different types of domes in your screenshots,

shown on the 1st and 4th picture are the same as used in arma 2 OA.

the domes on 2nd and 3th picture are indeed rounder on top, but different as your picture one and four.

could be an older/newer model who knows?..

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

did u take a closer look to those radar domes??.

if u ask me u have 2 different types of domes in your screenshots,

shown on the 1st and 4th picture are the same as used in arma 2 OA.

the domes on 2nd and 3th picture are indeed rounder on top, but different as your picture one and four.

could be an older/newer model who knows?..

I never said I wanted it rounded on top. I said it had to be more rounded on the sides. All four photographs show the same radar dome at different angles, but the ArmA 2 Longbow Radar Dome is rather flat on the sides, not nearly as rounded as the ones in those pictures.

I would smack the first one of my soldiers that ever tried to shoot out the window of a moving humvee.......

gunners have specific sectors they cover.... another soldier shooting out a window makes manuever very very dangerous.

isnt that very dependent on what drills you apply?

we only drive liniar because of the IED threath.

we have sectors per vehicle and for the passengers, even have everyone riding an IFV with their rifle out of the hatch to do close protection, takes a bit of training but sure works.Pic->

http://www.volkskrant.nl/multimedia/archive/00169/Defensie_zal_veel_b_169559k.jpg sorry for the bad quality, only one I could find so fast.

would be a nice addon, would be nice to be able to fire from a chopper too, helicopter sniping for instance. the script version doent work for me, disables all my options, even the menu when you press Esc!

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

i think its the resolution of the 2nd and 3th picture that makes the dome look different

think he means the Y-axis is to flat.

maybe this illustrates it better

dont see teh problem thought... really minor thing if you consider the pilot cant control the 30mm with his helmet and the optics HUD just looks terribly simple compaired with the RL-one.

would be nice if the AircraftHUD - MFD/IHADSS/TADS n by addoDr Eyeball would be OA compatible!

And AFAIK local SWAT does participate when serving arrest and/or search warrants on particularly dangerous individuals... without looking like GSG9.
No....they don't. They look that way for a reason and they only deploy when looking like that. Those guys you're referring to are task forces that deal with gangs, narcotics, etc. SWAT deals with stuff that they can't handle.

A Coast Guard Blackhawk would be cool. Since we already have the blackhawk, I guess it just needs the texture.

A Coast Guard Blackhawk would be cool. Since we already have the blackhawk, I guess it just needs the texture.

A jayhawk you mean? Yea that would be badass.

We really need a OA Regular OPFOR. Enough to make a full squad, medic, engineers, GL and MG operators.

The Takis are OK, but there's not enough of them. Using CO, we can put the Russians in there but they don't have the proper IR LOD.

We really need a OA Regular OPFOR. Enough to make a full squad, medic, engineers, GL and MG operators.

The Takis are OK, but there's not enough of them. Using CO, we can put the Russians in there but they don't have the proper IR LOD.

Which units in particular do you need/want adding?

Which units in particular do you need/want adding?

Actually, now that I've messed around in the editor, it seems the Taki Army might have everything I need. Allow me to explain. I'm doing a TvT Domi edit, and I want both player teams (and the enemy AI) to look good in TW sights, so that means OA content only.

So, I'm using Taki irregulars for enemy AI and US Army for BLUFOR, but I didn't think the Taki Army had enough guys to make a full Domi squad for the other player team (OPFOR), but it seems they do, in fact.

Might need to do a config only addon to make sure the Taki army and Taki irregulars are not on the same faction.

RHS have some lovely Russians coming, but they aren't going to be ready for ages. PMC has some stuff, but there's little info about them.

That seems to be the infantry sorted, now to sort out the vehicles for the 3 factions. :)

"Mad Max"/"Escape from New York" units + weapons + vehicles - something lowtech and a bit crazy/selfmade after all great + modern wars were fought. :)

I am requesting:

PMC / PSC "Full Army Deployment for Arma II OA

Air - Infantry - tanks & Weels

I wan't in this pack Random soldiers from all country's i don't want them to be refered to a spesific country -> I wan't western, Eastern american, european, arabs, shinese, japanese, african men and woman, this in desert and woodland gear.

I want them to be armed standard with the RH weapon stock ...

I would like to see this in ArmA because ....

I wan't to make a campaign with unrefered soldiers on the bleufor and opfor side, not only that they are part of military evolvement!

I don't want them to wear spesific army collors i more refer to the following information you can randomise it as you wich as long if they don't wear the same tags they need to be untagged so the units are useble in any condition.

Information:

As the U.S. military shrinks in Iraq, a private army is stepping into the breach. Some refer to them as mercenaries, to others they are soldiers of fortune. These Military personal call themselves - contractors.

These guy's do exsist, my reasearch

Media:

GUcnk-Uk1Us

Other useful information:

Private military company Wiki

Blackwater Security Consulting

Need more info ask i will try looking it up

Go here for the original Armaholic request i don't want 2 party's in this request

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=11528

If you want to make them don't refer on them in any way to blackwater company keep this clean ;-)

Edit: I was already rooted once to MG4 PMC

Thats not the thing i need ;-) i wan't them to look like these guy's and a little more spesific then the mg4 squad ...

I need cars -> tactical

Light Armor -> tactical

Air -> like you see them on the video maybe also a little bird and a black hawk

Units -> like you see them above.

i want them to be in one sollid pack i don't need birds in that mod folder and units in a other, weapons there and so on this is totally a different request then the mq4 squad they are way out of the context that i wan't them.

MG4 is looking a bit to fiuturistic for what i wan't -> i want them a little more like stated above *YES*

thanks

Edited by Rellikki

If you want to make them don't refer on them in any way to blackwater company keep this clean ;-)

didn't they change their name to Xe years ago?

everybody knows they exist.

try this:

great addon. togather with the OA SUV you can make a few nice scenarios.

didn't they change their name to Xe years ago?

everybody knows they exist.

try this:

great addon. togather with the OA SUV you can make a few nice scenarios.

yeah they might have changed there name to Xe, but i don't know if they put up some bounderies in refering to them in a spesific way i don't mind that the addon maker would call them blackwater pmc or something but i don't want afterwourds trouble from him and i for using them, if you know what i mean ;-)

the thing is i know the BB units are there and the MG4 units but they are not the thing i look for, the bb units are looking for so many ways good but for my id they are looking way to much to the SF of the regular Arma II and thats what i don't want

i want them to pretty close as above ;-) neather the MG4 or the BB units looks like this guy's so they would not give the fealing like i want them to in the campaign i want to make, do you remember the PMC from OFP?

Ofp info

pmc2.jpg

I know they look nothing like arma II but thats the id i have in mind, but if you look at these guys and then to the OA delta forces then we might come pretty close to what i have in mind.

Edited by KBourne

@Tvertne Dude if you've done this much work already you might as well just make it yourself. Your chances of seeing an addon made increase 10 fold if you make it yourself.

@Tvertne Dude if you've done this much work already you might as well just make it yourself. Your chances of seeing an addon made increase 10 fold if you make it yourself.

I'm not experianced enough to make them my self otherwise i would not requesing it is it? :butbut:

If someone request an addon or mod. It´s usually cause they

CANT do it by them self. Isnt that kinda obvious..

IF i could i would have done alot of addons..

;1718105']If someone request an addon or mod. It´s usually cause they

CANT do it by them self. Isnt that kinda obvious..

IF i could i would have done alot of addons..

the thing is that i'm interested to do it my self, sadly i don't have the time to put mi time in learning it, hek even if i have the addon

and i can start on the campaign i will need several people to work with to put it in work to split the time up a bit otherwise it would

take ages before you see the campaign.

id's are nice but sometimes its not only the experiance thats standing in the way, for making addons thats a fact sadly

enough, but i took the time to learn about mission making etc because thats where the most of my interest lies..

those guys are on my list

and holy shit guys calm down he just made a request , he isnt here to be told to make it himself

those guys are on my list

and holy shit guys calm down he just made a request ' date=' he isnt here to be told to make it himself[/quote']

On your list to make them or to use them ?? :p ;-) ah i only think they wan't to help, i don't feel hatered about it :D, if your making them it would be great ^^ hope the reasearch is of use to ya ;-)

I would actually pay money for a mod which would increase the recoil effect to x3 or x4 of the current system. When I fire my rifle I want the screen to really shake with brief but unmistakeable violence; at the moment it is just too half-arsed for my taste (you barely notice it).

So, any geniuses out there want to make a friend for life? :D

its possible but it works like a sound mod.. you have to do one for every class

I would actually pay money for a mod which would increase the recoil effect to x3 or x4 of the current system. When I fire my rifle I want the screen to really shake with brief but unmistakeable violence; at the moment it is just too half-arsed for my taste (you barely notice it).

So, any geniuses out there want to make a friend for life? :D

Paste this into your players init line:

vehicle player addEventHandler ["fired", {addCamShake [1.7,0.5,40]}];

Have a play with the numbers. They are in the format:

[power, duration, frequency]

No need to pay good money for that ;)