and i'd like to see a mi-28 ,*)

Already been made and released, the thread for it is on the first page of Addons & Mods: Completed, I think.

This guys got a real point...and a good one. The US Army units in OA are just so...skinny. They aren't bulky enough. The only good looking unit is the Medic, which has backpack, plenty of pouches, groin pad and shoulder guards. ALL units should have that much gear. It just looks stupid with one unit having all the good stuff, then having units like the Automatic rifleman looking all skinny and empty.

This guys got a real point...and a good one. The US Army units in OA are just so...skinny. They aren't bulky enough. The only good looking unit is the Medic, which has backpack, plenty of pouches, groin pad and shoulder guards. ALL units should have that much gear. It just looks stupid with one unit having all the good stuff, then having units like the Automatic rifleman looking all skinny and empty.

Thanks, now I don't feel so stupid.

If someone really wants to do a mod like that, they should look at Americas Army 3. There's not a lot I like about that game ( besides my clan playing it and it being free :P) but the models are dead on. Of course there would have to be tweaks and camo changes but other than that not much would change. Would anyone be interested in doing such a mod? Is it possible?

I have always been interested, but my modeler is busy and binkowski has been gone for a bit..

Baghdad type map, basically desert but with big cities. Realistic and NOT quesh kibul.

how about the baghdad map?

Doesn't that require CAA1? I attempted to use it but I couldn't. Wanted to have units from OA but I had to use Arma 2 to actually run it right. Couldn't get it to work with Combined, and prolly would have had to do a lot to get it to work. I am a mission maker and would not want to have to make people do all that to play my mission.

it uses OA + OPX objects (in the beta version, not avail to you), I think. I'll talk to ebanks about requirements, we will try our best to make it only require OA + OPX objects..

I agree that the soldiers don't have a lot of gear, but not a lot of units wear all that extra armor in Afghanistan, its too much weight and hinders movement, making it difficult to operate in such mountainous terrain. Perhaps they just need some more pouches. Most of the units don't even have enough ammo pouches for a combat load (210 rnds for riflemen) at least 7 magazines.

I agree that the soldiers don't have a lot of gear, but not a lot of units wear all that extra armor in Afghanistan, its too much weight and hinders movement, making it difficult to operate in such mountainous terrain. Perhaps they just need some more pouches. Most of the units don't even have enough ammo pouches for a combat load (210 rnds for riflemen) at least 7 magazines.

Non of my friends who went into the sandbox or the stan told me they carried less than at least 10 mags, especially the guys in the stan. As heavy as it was, they were always on foot, so if they ran out of ammo they were SOL.

In terms of US Soldiers addon for OA, I think a multicam version with the lighter kit gear (plate carrier and TAP vets) would fit in perfectly with Takistan ;)

Now we wait for a modder to deal with this issue.:rolleyes:

Now we wait for a modder to deal with this issue.:rolleyes:

Surprised it hasn't happened already

Any map makers working on or considered a United States city map? Los Angelas, New York, Washington D.C. with secret tunnels maybe?

One thing I would really like to see is the OA vehicles skinned to look like the A2 USMC vehicles, instead of tan. Especially the Humvee GPK in woodland would be fantastic.

KyrsA.jpg

mmmmm....

^ you ran that poor soldier over, you murdering jarhead! :p

I think that would be a nice addition as well, but it would need a skilled texture artist, to pull off something like the A2 humvees, with the dirt & mud etc.

"Ran over"

What is this nonsense? He's just..uhh...fixing the suspension, or something..yeah.

But anyways, I hope someone can do it. It would be a great addition.

I think that works fine without porting. Just download and play :) Dont quote me on it though :p

hello all, BIS,

My suggestion is a camera addon, to take picture, for journalists, infiltration/spy missions etc.

It could be used as a primary or second weapon, or just as object if possible, with or without zoom, and maybe with a limited capacity... like a normal camera actually.

Players could use it to take pictures (generated in .jpg or else in a folder) I know Fraps can and is a lot used to take picture of the screen already, but an addon would be better for the immersion of a mission i think. In campaign this file could be used for next briefing...

Your opinions are welcome, challenger addons makers too, and BIS of course!

Anyone yet doing Editor Update for OA, what includes all the buildings etc?

Or if not, anyone know easy way of pulling them into editor?

As no replyes...

im doing OA editor update, expect V0.5 (with only houses) soon

no idea if this has been asked or if anyone is working on it...

but the original ArmA2 USMC stuff in Desert versions for OA.

oh, and the other way around too..

so we have both desert and woodland versions of all ArmA2 and OA stuff :)

Would like to keep my request for better US soldier models to be made ( heavier in an equipment sense).

I would like to see a map based off the Takistani-Chernarus Border Region.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Chernarus%20map/deadfastcz/arma2/chernarus_whole.gif

Chernarus borders Takistan on it's Western Border. 3 good areas for a map to take place would the area around the Svetlaya River, near Novigrad, Chernarus's national capital, or the area around Lake Belo, where Russia also borders Takistan and Chernarus.

It would good for the Missions where the CDF invades Takistan or Takistan tries to invade Chernarus(With Possible Russian Assistance).

I also think the border region would be a area where the Lust-Greenlands of Chernarus transitions to the Desert wasteland of Takistan. The Border could also possibly be heavily fortified, certainly around lake Belo. The area around The Svetlaya River could be good farmland.

What would also be good is to see the CDF in a desert-type camoflague.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper