Guys this is the addon request thread, there is a forum discussing O2 and modals and such there,

lets stay on topic.

Im trying to help a fella with his request... i feel its completely relevant.

Guys this is the addon request thread, there is a forum discussing O2 and modals and such there,

lets stay on topic.

he's helping someone out with their suggestion, explaining why his request is not valid , whatever, it doesn't matter, all that does is he is talking about his request. If you want me to summarize their chat then pm me and i can help you, maybe there's a language barrier or something, I don't know. It's pretty obvious that there is nothing wrong with what they're doing.

I feel like making a Twin Peak-inspired map, with one or two small towns, mountains covered in pine and firs and some lakes and log-cabins. If anyone is happening to be sitting around on a good satmap and heightmap for an area like this, feel free to give me a PM. :)

In other words, northern washington state/southern canada-stuff.

Id'e say he's after a british harrier but he doesn't specify this or what model.

Except that the harrier in the image he posted had American markings... So I must back up Fail Cakes's question regarding exactly what he is after...

1: It'd be really nice to have OA compatible Desert/woodland Marines. That can utilize the backpack and crew served weapons function...

2: It'd be nice to have Desert Force Recon Marines. Maybe like a reskin of the ArmA2 Force Recon Marines. Which I might actually look into doing myself...

Except that the harrier in the image he posted had American markings... So I must back up Fail Cakes's question regarding exactly what he is after...

The one he posted is an AV-8B Harrier II, not the AV-8B Harrier II+ with APG-65 radar as is present in ArmA 2. The one pictured actually looks looks like an early Harrier II without the NAVFLIR module one the nose. AFAIK all USMC Harrier II and Harrier II+ have NAVFLIR nowadays.

To be honest the Harrier II+ model in ArmA 2 is pretty bad anyway (the nose is all wrong) and it's be nice to see someone do a better one for the USMC.

I would like to see some Winter Textured Helicopters, both for OpFor and BluFor... Now that we got some very nice winter maps.

Deer - might be nice to have some deer or elk or other wildlife wandering around the forests of Chernarus. Would give all those native Chernarussians something to hunt…aside from cows & sheep.

Not really sure what kinds of wildlife you'd find in Takistan…

I would love to see a Mastiff or Ridgeback for the British Army in ArmA2. I know Project UKF was working on one, but it seems they don't make addons for ArmA2 anymore.

Picture

I would love to see a Mastiff or Ridgeback for the British Army in ArmA2. I know Project UKF was working on one, but it seems they don't make addons for ArmA2 anymore.

Picture

i think that Project Reality is doing one:

http://media.realitymod.com/news/arma/prarma_08/mastiff_angled_view.jpg 714 kb!

read more here: http://www.realitymod.com/

Edited by [BAC]honzikpen
Image > 100 kb

Hi all ,

I'd love to see a further addon for the project 85 , with more British Army units other than para's and say Cheftain Tank and an F-4 and GR-3 Harrier ......there thats my wish lol . I have been good this year ....left my fell out tooth under my pillow and kept my fingers crossed :-)

regards

Mungo

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Hi all ,

Oh perhaps a generic eastern and independant militia with assorted camo and soviet style helmets and equipment and weapons .......i guess im pushing my wishes here .....maybe have to pull another tooth out for under the pillow :-)

regards

Mungo

Hi all ,

I'd love to see a further addon for the project 85 , with more British Army units other than para's and say Cheftain Tank and an F-4 and GR-3 Harrier ......there thats my wish lol . I have been good this year ....left my fell out tooth under my pillow and kept my fingers crossed :-)

regards

Mungo

Mungo

a Tornado would be great too, RKSL was working on some great mods like :

A-400m, another apache, ... and they made a Eurofighter, its a great addon.

but than last year or even before one year they closed down there official website :( and now there is only a website that is names RKSL but you have to log in, there is no "register" or something like that.

anyways, a Tornado would be great too. :bounce3:

I agree Alex, Tornado would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

M-81 Woodland Camo reskin of the USMC and US with Black Vest, kneepads,elbow pads.

Maybe a whole Woodland Reskin of vehicles and everything (No I am just kidding about the whole reskin idea, that would take ages)

M-81

http://afidie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/660px-bdus-forest_army.jpg

Edited by shadowhunter388
Made a correction.

@[bAC]honzikpen- super model, but how it will influence gameplay, what is polycount ? when i see super models, i always think how they will work when put in large battle and on not-NASA PC

@mungo1972 - P85 is generally about "war between Nato and W-P in central europe" , but for sure Brits are not enough presented , if i only had time for this, i would add more 80's UK forces

regarding various militias - check "weaponholders" and my "weapons pack" and you will see huge variety of AKs put to hands of Arma2 BIS units (+some custom units, soon i will add DPRK rifle type 88-1)

@shadowhunter388 - why black vest ? it is not camouflaging in field

Hi Vilas ,

Thanks ill check out the weaponsholders and weapons packs , P85 is a great MOD so thanks for doing it :-)

Regards

Mungo

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Hi Vilas ,

Very good thanks for making them and pointing me in the right direction :-)

regards

Mungo

...an F-4...

I'm gonna try to make something happen.

Edit: which doesnt mean a lot.

Edited by ziiip

Hi Ziip ,

Thanks mate be nice to see an RAF Phantom in the game :-)

Regards

Mungo

I have been playing Arrowhead since it's release and recently bought Arma 2. The HUD is alot stranger than Arrowhead, is there anyway I can port the Arrowhead HUD over?

Total Warhammer 40k conversion.

Imperial Guard Versus Tau Empires.

ArmA2 gameplay stays.

Also: Exporters for Maya, that can go around that horrible little 3d app ArmA2 uses.

He said he wanted an RAF Phantom (ex-Royal Navy F-4K/Phantom FG.1s and later F-4M/Phantom FGR.2s), which differed quite significantly from all other F-4s in the world by having larger Rolls-Royce Spey engines instead of the usual General Electric J79.

The RAF did operate a small number of J79 engined F-4J(UK)s in the late 1980s with No. 74 Squadron but I suspect mungo wants a proper RAF 'Toom'. Either way, the existing Phantom addons don't come close to looking like any of the Phantom variants that the RAF operated.

I did once start modelling a Phantom FGR.2 (probably for ArmA 1) and got most of the way through modelling the fuslage. I think I quit when I got pissed of at my inability to properly model the Sparrow/Skyflash recesses in the bottom of the fuselage. Might still have the .p3d somewhere.

Edited by da12thMonkey

I have been playing Arrowhead since it's release and recently bought Arma 2. The HUD is alot stranger than Arrowhead,

is there anyway I can port the Arrowhead HUD over?

What you can do is get the best of both worlds, unistall OA and reinstall it into your Arma2 directory,

that way you will get CO or Combined Ops, from this you can play both Arma2 and OA with OA's Hud in Arma2.

He said he wanted an RAF Phantom (ex-Royal Navy F-4K/Phantom FG.1s and later F-4M/Phantom FGR.2s),

which differed quite significantly from all other F-4s in the world by having larger Rolls-Royce Spey engines instead of the usual General Electric J79.

Ok thats cool, I seen F4 in there then went and found them, sorry for the misunderstanding.

@shadowhunter388 - "why black vest ? it is not camouflaging in field"

Why not? It looks tactical and makes good use in woodland and urban environment it also would do well during the night since it is all black.

US National guard wears them all the time. I am sure even with the black vest.

http://www.ci.robbinsdale.mn.us/images/SWAT_2.jpg

here is a pic of US Swat even wearing it. Although it looks better with a smaller vest.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Yes, thank you but what I meant is actual civilian aircraft. Like Boeing or Airbus.