Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

For screenshots from games with a combat photography thread which must be used for this.

For discussing loadouts, feel free to create a thread if you can't find one.

For screenshots from games with a combat photography thread which must be used for this.

For discussing loadouts, feel free to create a thread if you can't find one.

And which forum will be better for this discission thread - ARMA 2 & OA - GENERAL or ARMA 2 & OA - MULTIPLAYER (because it's mp loadouts)?

The forum time seems to slowly drift away from the real (synchronized windows) time. At first it was only a few minutes, but now it is more then 6. At this point the forum is so far ahead that it is getting quite annoying.

Edited by NeMeSiS

Are you saying your posting time as displayed above a post is getting more and more behind to your local time? I have never seen/noticed that and in fact for me it all works fine as far as I know. This needs checking than :)

Are you saying your posting time as displayed above a post is getting more and more behind to your local time? I have never seen/noticed that and in fact for me it all works fine as far as I know. This needs checking than :)

It's the same for me. Forum times are ~6 minutes ahead of what they should be. At the moment of writing this post, it is (was) 12:41 CEST here in Germany. Your post, however, is shown as 12:45 - four minutes in the future.

EDIT: And after posting, my post time is shown as 12:48 by the forums. 6-7 minutes ahead of the actual time I posted it.

Yes, I see this happening now. To be honest I have never noticed it.

Hmmm, I guess the forums are preparing for Arma 3, afterall the game takes place in the future and it seems our posts start to reflect that more and more.

But seriously, I will sent a headsup to Placebo so he can inform the right people about this.

It's been like this for quite some time, but it seems to have increased. In March, last year, I reported it to be 4 minutes.

When I press insert image it asks me for either an image URL from the web or I can press "from computer". When I click on "from computer" the dialog box is then just blank. I cannot upload an image. Might want to get that fixed.

I dont think attachments are allowed. Which browser do you use? I dont get this button in IE9, FF or Opera.

Also, i think this should be here.

When I press insert image it asks me for either an image URL from the web or I can press "from computer". When I click on "from computer" the dialog box is then just blank. I cannot upload an image. Might want to get that fixed.

Moved this to the appropriate place.

As NeMeSiS says, image upload is disabled on purpose. There are plenty of places you can host your pics online, like Imgur and whatnot.

Its a new year and I for 1 respectfully suggest reconsidering the WIP thread stance from near on a year ago.

Lets go back to what we had.

A Read and Post count comparison seem to speak, clearly the new way of exciting and keeping the community interested is not working.

Gnat;2281502']the new way of exciting and keeping the community interested is not working.

The best I can offer is to say that if someone has a proposal for something different from what we had then and what we have now, they are free to share it.

The best I can offer is to say that if someone has a proposal for something different from what we had then and what we have now, they are free to share it.

Arh ..... what?

Google Latin->English suggested "you've been had, something something ...."

Gnat;2282755']Arh ..... what?

Google Latin->English suggested "you've been had' date=' something something ....[/i']"

Maybe in poetry form ^_^

If someone has a suggestion

For something different

From what we had before

And what we have now

It will be read

Maybe in poetry form ^_^

If someone has a suggestion

For something different

From what we had before

And what we have now

It will be read

Haiku!

Give him suggestions,

he is willing to listen,

to your opinion.

Well you know the deal:

No food for hamsters, hamsters died. We gonna get new ones.

Good thing PETA doesn't know about all this. :)

Give him suggestions,

he is willing to listen,

to your opinion.

Well, thats a little more understandable.

My Suggestion.

Go back to the original format/openness of the (several) ORIGINAL WIP Threads.

Allow openness as it was, less of an "inquisition" on every post etc.

1 thread for pictures and comments/feedback.

This isn't working;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131446-Upcoming-Addons-Mods-NO-DISCUSSION

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132449-Upcoming-Addons-Mods-DISCUSSION

This was very successful;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74243-WIP-Stuff-you-are-working-on-2!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?57851-WIP-stuff-you-are-working-on!

Near 2 Million views and 11,000 posts over about a 4.5 year period.

(No) Comparison to the current threads at 15,000 views and 60 posts for ~1 year.

That would be my suggestion too. It appears that the old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' should apply here.

Gnat;2283399']Well' date=' thats a little more understandable.

My Suggestion.

Go back to the original format/openness of the (several) ORIGINAL WIP Threads.

Allow openness as it was, less of an "inquisition" on every post etc.

1 thread for pictures and comments/feedback.

This isn't working;

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131446-Upcoming-Addons-Mods-NO-DISCUSSION[/url]

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132449-Upcoming-Addons-Mods-DISCUSSION

This was very successful;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74243-WIP-Stuff-you-are-working-on-2!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?57851-WIP-stuff-you-are-working-on!

Near 2 Million views and 11,000 posts over about a 4.5 year period.

(No) Comparison to the current threads at 15,000 views and 60 posts for ~1 year.

I already said that it must be different from what we had before. We just don't have the moderating staff to handle that kind of thread, or perhaps you forgot the reason it was changed in the first place? Suggestion rejected. If you have any suggestions that meet the criteria, feel free to share them.

Quote statistics all you like. It just reaffirms the amount of babysitting that thread required.

I already said that it must be different from what we had before. We just don't have the moderating staff to handle that kind of thread, or perhaps you forgot the reason it was changed in the first place? Suggestion rejected. If you have any suggestions that meet the criteria, feel free to share them.

Quote statistics all you like. It just reaffirms the amount of babysitting that thread required.

And may i ask why it was babysitted ?

The only reason I can think of is because the purpose of it wasn't clear. It was full of spam, people posting other peoples' work, people posting completed work or glamour shots, etc etc. It was like a spammy version of the combat photography threads, which was split into two posts a long time ago for a reason.