Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Get your eyes checked?! :D

Line is there on your pic, same as here and elsewhere.

As you may have guessed, the line is present in the screenshot. Admittedly, it's a very fine, faint line.

I have noticed that certain accounts seem to be used by 2-3 different people - what's the policy on that sort of thing?

Readjust your monitor settings.

This I did and it fixed it, I had earlier in the month got the latest Nvidia driver and it must have changed some settings,

so the line is back but it is faint as said.

Thanks guys.

I have noticed that certain accounts seem to be used by 2-3 different people - what's the policy on that sort of thing?

Depends what they're using it for, if it's a mod team or squad using a sole account to post updates and such I don't see any particular harm in that :)

Where should I post a question about whether or not it would be possible to make weaponised attachments (such as gunpods, added a bit like the winchs etc etc) for TOH and whether I would need permission from BIS to add them, since the attachments would be for the medium helicopter. (not modding the heli itself, just creating new attachments, IF it is possible)

Depends what they're using it for, if it's a mod team or squad using a sole account to post updates and such I don't see any particular harm in that :)

No it's not that, will keep an eye on it and let you know if there are further developments.

I was just about to ask you in a brand new thread, but then I saw rule §3.

There is only one thing that decides whether atleast I am going to buy ArmA 3 the second it hits the stores, or not. And that thing is whether there will be any malicious rootkits installed together with my copy of ArmA 3, or not. So my question to you, being the moderator, concerns the rule-part. I might be interpeting the rule all wrong now, but as I understand it one is not allowed to discuss copy protection:

"§3) Discussions about copy protection [...] will not be tolerated".

Perhaps you meant this in a more technical term, so that nobody attempts to reverse-engineer any material, including any copy protection. But as I percieve it, one is not allowed to discuss copy protection at all. To no extent. What-so-ever. (?).

#1:

If that is the case, my question comes to this: Why is it, that asking about the precense of secuROM (or similar DRM) in ArmA3 is to be considered a rule violation? Why can't the forum users ask about this, and under adult forms discuss/express our opinions in this concern? The to-be, or the not-to-be. Not at all the tech behind it. We could use just one gathered thread for this, so I sincerely ask you to listen to your customers in this matter, and that you let us speak. I will never install malicious code on my PC, but I would naturally favour giving you my €50 in exchange of the game and no hidden surprises about it.

#2:

So, while I am here asking this, I might aswell phrase the question atleast in forms of an official yes or no: Will you intend to use any rooted malware or limited activations* to protect ArmA 3?

* - count "limited activations" even in those cases the limit can be boosted to default gain, if the user ever remembers to run a certail tool while uninstalling the game.

I for one will Never stand for rootkits, oh how much I ever want to play ArmA 3 or any other game. (If you decide to throw my question in the bin: I would still be very interested in being answered privately. English is not my native tongue, and so I have put a lot of effort in phrasing this. I beg you for an answer and Please do not delete my account for asking.)

Edited by nanananaBatman

The presence of disc copy protection of that kind is the responsibility of the publisher, not the developer. AFAIK, no announcements have been made regarding who will publish hard copies, so starting such a thread might be a little premature. The only thing that could come of such a thread is a dog pile of people denouncing securerom or starforce. Peoples' opinions on that kind of copy protection is already widely known. To that end, in the past, BI has opted to patch out such copy protection after a time.

So, it's my feeling that it's too early for such a discussion, and it's likely not under BI's control- at least not at first.

What Max said is absolutely spot on, and when there is a set release date and publisher etc I can't see any harm asking for confirmation on what is the protection method, just having it named doesn't contravene any rules as long as the discussion doesn't pass beyond that :)

In everyone PM panel, (with default skin) directly in the dark grey bar, right side it will likely say something like "Messages 100" and theres a tick box/selector beside it.

If you tick that box, you'd expect that this would select 100 messages ...... it does not. It only selects the current visible page. Somewhat deceptive, could lead to user mistakes.

Would it be possible to make a deeper forumstructure for Carrier Command, e.g like Arma ones?

You lose completely the track of the threads.

Your wish is my command ;)

I've got some other wishes for ya. :D

PS, Placebo, did you get the email I sent you last week?

I did actually, forgot to reply, will try to find it now and reply! :)

§16) Keep avatars and signatures within forum regulations

Total maximum signature size is 600x150 px (text and/or images combined). Total maximum image size is 100KB.

Avatar filesize must not exceed 100KB.

Signature and avatar must be quiet, no sounds may be played back in them by any means.

No flame-baiting or similar material and/or text that others may find offensive is allowed to be displayed.

The signature may be used to advertise your clan, fan-site or addons, but not as a billboard for flaming or opinion statements.

Is this rule still in effect ? As it seems there are a number of signatures that are much greater than 150px vertical

Is this rule still in effect ? As it seems there are a number of signatures that are much greater than 150px vertical

Maybe because of the "Support Ivan and Martin" banner which can be added to the normal signature.

Yeah, there's a moratorium on that rule provided the sig has an Ivan & Martin image, if I remember correctly.

It is of course still in effect, but doesn't apply to them with a 'support Ivan and Martin' banner. :)

1. Why is the registration process so messed up? Why in hell do I have to answer so many question to prove that I am not a bot? Did ANYONE really think about what are they doing when creating it? Or is someone just thinking that this forums are sooo popular and crowded that every spam bot would just love to come here and spam?

2. After so many times that I have proven that I am HUMAN why in the hell do I have to fill a captcha (a bad one by the way) to make a post? Who came up with that idea? Don't you realise that by having so many useless protections you keep people from coming here and posting valuable content?

3. Does anyone from BI know what is happening to those forums?

4. Why aren't you using reCAPTCHA which is much better and user friendly? Are you stuck in the early 2000s?

1. Why is the registration process so messed up? Why in hell do I have to answer so many question to prove that I am not a bot? Did ANYONE really think about what are they doing when creating it? Or is someone just thinking that this forums are sooo popular and crowded that every spam bot would just love to come here and spam?

2. After so many times that I have proven that I am HUMAN why in the hell do I have to fill a captcha (a bad one by the way) to make a post? Who came up with that idea? Don't you realise that by having so many useless protections you keep people from coming here and posting valuable content?

3. Does anyone from BI know what is happening to those forums?

4. Why aren't you using reCAPTCHA which is much better and user friendly? Are you stuck in the early 2000s?

Everybody here is very satisfied of the anti spam system. It's sadly lacking on other forums...

I think that disappears after a few posts.