sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

new sandbag feature is great, just to save people the time of finding this out on there on:

after you press deploy sandbag, you can use the "arrow up" and "arrow down" keys to control the height of the sandbag. so you can deploy them one on top of the other.

once again, thanks for the awesomeness that is ACE.

Cant pack Flares (White, Red, Green, Yellow)

When packing Hedp433/(M203 i think) i cant unpack..

TrackIR rounds should be fired at the accurat distance..

No matter if i fire at the ground it ends up some 300m up in the

air..

I can confirm that the M203 Flare Variants cannot be packed into a rucksack. I dont have any problems Packing/Unpacking the M203 HEDP Rounds though.

Also the SMAW Spotting rounds cannot be packed into a rucksack either.

Anyway, fantastic effort as always ACE Team. The usuable bipod is a feature i have been wanting for so long. If BI havn't taken notice of such features being implemented by you guys, then shame on them. But if they dont include any such features for ArmA 2, then i hope you guys dont have too much hassle getting the ACE MOD into ArmA 2.

Having a uniform MOD as good as this one, has improved my MP enjoyment 100 fold.

Thanks guys...

P.S. Is it possible to deploy your weapon onto Sandbags, like you can objects? I cant seem to do it my end, i think this would be a very nice addition. If your carrying an ACOG or the like and you need that bit more stability, would make sense to carry a couple of sandbags for this purpose.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Deploying guns on sanbagwall is ok as long as its high enough...CONF

You need 9 bags high to cover Proneposs but allow weapon over...

Allthough:

I stacked a wall 9x4 (9 high and 4 in row)..Then i was able to pick up

bags from the middle. Making some kind of window. Was nice but you know..

I also tried to shoot at it and it stops bullets, but it also stops M3 SMAAVF..?!?!?

Hmmm...Gonna try drivecollision...

PS: Suggestion...Like the HuntIR box...Place the bags in its own Box..

With like 500pcs..

PS2: Tried drivin, you need to add a seatbeltfeature...LOOOOL

PS3: Tried to place a Bag on the Hummer, is possible...Problem is it

stays in air when driving away...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

did i just read that bipods that work? Fantastic!

Weapons with physical bipod (visible on model !) can now use it, i.e reduce weapon sway when prone and weapon "rested" on ground [Rocko]

at work now, but really looking forward to trying it out.

ACE keeps on delivering great surprises and revolutionizing Arma.

Glad you all enjoy the hard work of the A.C.E. Team!

We will continue to bring A.C.E. Mod to you in ArmA2, and if possible; beyond :D

For feedback and bug reports, please refer to our Issue Tracker: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod/issues

Thanks again for the Mirrors and Support!

How do I use these bipods, and can I rest them on winow of a house? :eek:

Weapon resting has been there a long time. any surface can be used, as long as it is directly under your weapon. Shift+space enables it.

Check your ace_keys.hpp under folder Dta .. special keys listed there.

sparks50: exactly, i'm using it since internal beta and me and my squad buddies are constantly finding something new =)

Just wanted to thank all of the ACE team, your hours & hours of hard work have paid off...This is superb, thanks in advance for hours of good solid gameplay..

You all deserve little gold stars ! :)

i have yet to see this fired alsorts of kinds of flares into the sky..

- Visible flares in daylight [Rocko]

Deleted - No longer applicable

Edited by [KH]Jman
No longer applicable

As someone who has been with OFP since its very beginning and is still playing modding in Arm, I salute you guys for indeed truly taking ArmA to its true potential. Thanks also to BIS for giving MOD's the freedom to go nuts on the game and improving it. I never played MP games in the past. But after playing a few ACE servers hosted by professional military/ex-military guys, I was BLOWN AWAY by the team work and how the ACE systems were perfect for true military combat simulation (I am ex- U.S. Army by the way). I really like I was back doing combat training with real professionals and with a high amount of realism. The totally amazing thing is that when I play missions using the ACE mod and with excellent players with miliary skills, our casualty rate was very low despite overwhelming enemy forces. Everything was done by the book and the tactics used were only available due to the ACE mod giving us the tools to pull it off.

Now I am HOOKED to MP playing on the more serious ACE servers that promote top quality teamwork and military tactics.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

superb update! i like every bit of it. (banana attack, :yay: )

only now i tryed claymores, those things are fun to play with, even if I step on a wire :D

oh boy, there are so many goodies in ace that i can't remember.

awesome work!

btw, realism matters ;)

Great update ACE. Thank you. On a side note, I hate dealing with Hypernia on installing these updates...they whine about .exe files...

You can unpack the installer exe with 7-Zip. :bounce3:

Thank you for the update, and for this great mod. You make us play Arma in a new dimension.

Keep up the good work.

Where can I find the config for the ACE ammo boxes in the @ACE folder?

I ask because, my squad is trying to do load outs by position. In the ACE ammo boxes there are the blank equipment slots that say ---------Sniper Rifles---------- and such. Well we want to add say _Point_Man_ and have a whole load out set when you click on it so all that person has to do is click on it and he is kitted up with the predetermined equipment.

Edited by usarmy19dsniper

In the ace_config_weapon.pbo I believe. You need to unwrap the config.bin using a program like UnRap and check one of the .hpp files that are created.