sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I really enjoyed the FOV in 1.08 and earlier versions. But hey, beggars can't be choosers. Anyway, back on topic.

On the M4A1 ACOG the shadow LOD shows an M203, minor fix

Shadow Problem

Was running the game windowed, hence the odd resolution :icon_lol:

I just wanted to add here that your mod is welcome to use the USMC AAV-7 that myself and Dave8 made since nobody else has made any missions with it or successfully fixed it up. It just needs normal/specular mapping and texture merging (and could use a new cargo interior), but other then that it's in good working order (aside from the wrong types of road wheels on it).

Several other versions were made so its up to you guys to decide which one you want to use, but the original textures I think were the best looking. The last version by kikill was unfinished with not much detail and the version by T-bird had issues with transparent textures (although it had normal/specular mapping. For that reason I'd recommend the original version. At any rate, the external model is rock solid as far as accuracy goes (thanks to Dave8's fine skills). It would be very good to see the ACE Marines have a proper APC.

My version (1.0) and T-bird's version (Version 3.0) can be found here and are in MLOD format:

http://www.eprison.de/files/144/4287

AAVP7A1_1.jpg

Anyways, I'm NOT trying to distract from the ACE mod with my own stuff. I just would like to see this addon get used as it is a vital part of the USMC arsenal that nobody else had put into ArmA. So I hope you guys will consider it for the ACE mod. It's a real beast in the game that I think players will really enjoy seeing if they wish to make a USMC only mission with the ACE mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

:thumbs-up: Yup...badly needed for the Corps. Also badly needed is the CH-46 "Sea Knight" and CH-53 "Super Stallion".

Gd Mast

cheers miles teg

we'll have a look over. No promises though. We already have a model of our own, but since aa2 will have one, it moved down on the priority list.

CH-53 is suppose to be changed by the Osprey afaik

Yeah. Both CH-46 and CH-53 will be replaced with Osprey... But they will be in service for next few years at least. And having them in game will be freaking cool.

About AAV i can say it will be cool too to have them in ArmA, cause not everybody will buy ArmA II ASAP. Some people will stay with AA1 for at least few months.

Other good idea is to have EFV(AAAV), it will be replacing AAV soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle

So from me you have 4 big + to CH-46, CH-53, AAV and EFV.

This has sort of been covered I know... but I just can't get used to it (I know there are workarounds).

Is it really supposed to take 16 (sixteen) seconds to turn 360 degrees while prone ? (Anyone who's that unfit should stay home defending his chihuahua or something). Is there a way to force the floating zone on while prone ?

This is what it must be like, waking up one morning soaked in Araldite.

2 rolls and you are at about 160 degrees. Takes about 2 seconds.

This has sort of been covered I know... but I just can't get used to it (I know there are workarounds).

Is it really supposed to take 16 (sixteen) seconds to turn 360 degrees while prone ? (Anyone who's that unfit should stay home defending his chihuahua or something). Is there a way to force the floating zone on while prone ?

This is what it must be like, waking up one morning soaked in Araldite.

use the keys A and D to turn faster. so you turn in seconds around. but who wants to turn 360 in prone ?? use the "alt"-key to look around. is much faster :D

Is it really supposed to take 16 (sixteen) seconds to turn 360 degrees while prone ?

Hold a movement key to turn faster while prone.

After really thinking it through, it might not be as bad as I previously thought. After all, you have a perfect aim while turning, and you would not be able to keep a perfect aim IRL. Still, I think it could be a liiiiiittle faster :) ...

With the floating zone enabled it works great, and I wish there was a way to force it on when prone (and only then).

;1269447']Yeah. Both CH-46 and CH-53 will be replaced with Osprey... But they will be in service for next few years at least. And having them in game will be freaking cool.

About AAV i can say it will be cool too to have them in ArmA' date=' cause not everybody will buy ArmA II ASAP. Some people will stay with AA1 for at least few months.

Other good idea is to have EFV(AAAV), it will be replacing AAV soon.

[url']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle[/url]

So from me you have 4 big + to CH-46, CH-53, AAV and EFV.

I agree. My mod for one, will likely stay with ArmA for a few months before switching to ArmAII if anything just to wait until the major bugs are worked out in patches and updated tools are released.

Also I should point out that the AAAV(EFV) due to replace the AAV7 may be cut in upcoming defense budget cuts as it is WAAAY over-budget and incredibly expensive. There is a ton of heated debate about cutting that vehicle from the budget and simply upgrading existing AAV7's.

So I would VERY much like to see the AAV7 released as part of ACE. I'm not sure what model your mod currently it has, but what I would recommend is to take a look at both models to see which one is the most realistic and fully developed. The one I offer has the proper EEAK armor upgrade on the side which other AAV7 models in ArmA (like in the Spanish Military Mod) do not have.

Even if you don't update my version at all, it would be good to have so at least the USMC have something in ArmA's ACE mod. That way those of us who stay behind in ArmA for awhile (due to slower computers and inability to afford an upgrade just to for one game) have a nice complete mod.

Also the CH-46 and CH-53 would be nice even if the Osprey is taking over that role, as both helicopters have played pivotal roles in battles that some mission makers would like to recreate. In addition to those two USMC birds, the UH-1N or UH-1Y Hueys would be excellent fro dropping off small teams of Marine Force Recon and for operating with the AH-1W/Z gunships in "hunter/killer" teams.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

After editing the ace_clientside_config in the ACE Dta folder to get the Taliban to work in ACE mod. I can no longer hear voice commands in game after that. Does anyone know how to solve this problem cause I want to still be able to use the Taliban addon pack but also hear voice commands.

After editing the ace_clientside_config in the ACE Dta folder to get the Taliban to work in ACE mod. I can no longer hear voice commands in game after that. Does anyone know how to solve this problem cause I want to still be able to use the Taliban addon pack but also hear voice commands.

Hi, just post the content of the whole file here... But please put it inside "code tags". :p

Hi, just post the content of the whole file here... But please put it inside "code tags". :p

mno...

search for #define ACE_RADIO_SILENT and edit it so it looks #define ACE_RADIO_FULL

Thanks for responding

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//                                                                           //
//                      ACE Clientside config file                           //
//                                                                           //
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/*
"ACE Mod" - "ACE RadioSilence"

You can mute the speech to make AI react faster.
You have a few different options available here.

Possible selections:
# Silent:        No speech at all. Both Player and AI use no audio files whatsoever.
# Stealth:       Minimal confirmations.
# Informative:   Same as Stealth, More verbose.
# Full:          All voices are active. ArmA default setting.

Stealth active speech files:
Negative, Roger, On the way, Moving On, Ready, Waiting

Informative active speech files:
Negative, Roger, On the way, Moving On, Ready, Waiting
Injured, Status Red, Ammo Low, Fuel Low, Out of Ammo, Out of Fuel, Contact, Contact (vehicles), Under Fire, Where Are You?

Example: #define ACE_RADIO_SILENT
Example: #define ACE_RADIO_STEALTH
Example: #define ACE_RADIO_INFORMATIVE
Example: #define ACE_RADIO_FULL

### ONLY USE ONE #define at time ###
*/

#define ACE_RADIO_FULL

/*
"ACE Mod" - "ACE Optional 3rd Person View"

You can choose the camera distance in third person view.
You have a few different options available here.

Possible Modes:
----------------

ACE_3RDVIEW_CLOSE   - Hitman like third person.
ACE_3RDVIEW_CLOSEST - Gears of War like third person.
ACE_3RDVIEW_DEFAULT - ArmA default third person.

### ONLY USE ONE #define AT A TIME ###
*/

#define ACE_3RDVIEW_DEFAULT

/*
"ACE Mod" - "ACE Russian Voices"

You can make the radio voices permanently Russian by default, if you uncomment
the define below.
*/

//#define ACE_RUSSIAN_VOICES_ACTIVE

/*
"ACE Mod" - "Class hiding"
Hide BIS classes: set "ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS" to "__hidden"
Show BIS classes: set "ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS" to "__visible"

NOTE: it's 2x a underline ( _ ) before "hidden" or "visible"
*/
#define __hidden 1
#define __visible 2

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

/*
  ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS
  When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes
  When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods
*/
#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

// Enable ejected casings staying on ground
class ACE_FX_CARTRIDGES_E
{
enabled = 1;		// change to 0 to disable
max_cartridges = 500; 	// max. amount of cartridges on map
max_distance = 0;	// max. distance until cartridges become deleted by FIFO
max_lifetime = 600;	// lifetime of cartridges in seconds
min_FPS = 15;		// min. FPs when cartridges become deleted
};

class ACE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT_RIFLE_CONFIG
{
enable_BDC = 1;	//enable range adjustment on scopes with BDC, if 0 then only angular units are displayed
};

// Minimalistic soldier UI - a smaller weapon indicator and no reload icon popping up when the mag is emptied
// Comment it out with // if you don't want it
#define ACE_MINIMAL_SOLDIER_UI

// Settings for OFPEC ILS system
class OFPEC_ILS_CONFIG
{
			// accepted values: (1 = ON/ 0 = Off)
Helicopter = 0;		// enable OFPEC ILS for Helicopters
Marker = 1;		// enable acustic support
};

// Dedicated server settings
#include "ACE_serverconfig.hpp"

// Settings for ace_sys_tracking
#include "ACE_Tracking.hpp"

// Settings for ace_sys_tracers
#include "ACE_Tracers.hpp"

// Settings for ace_keys
#include "ACE_Keys.hpp"

If I disable the AI voice commands with ACE won't that require a DePBO which will mean I can't play on servers requiring signed addons?

Hi, can anyone tell me how to activate and deactivate the IR Strobe via a script? I want to get the AI to use it based on a trigger. Thanks!

If I disable the AI voice commands with ACE won't that require a DePBO which will mean I can't play on servers requiring signed addons?

No, its inside the client config files, somewhere in you dta, they are readable all the time no pbo or such. Its like setting a local/globalvariable for your side only.

PS:

Yeah, Super Stallion, please!

Edited by PhilippRauch

Biggest one for me right now is some other "Allied" units, maybe some British and Canadian Forces? Should be pretty easy to drop in?

Also the V22 and maybe RKSL's C-130? They would be two excellent additional aircraft and maybe one extra combat jet like the F18?

The problem about dropping in soldier units of other countries is that then players will start demanding armor and aircraft from that country as well making the mod gigantic and bloated. A better idea is for other mods to release their own ACE_Compatible addons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Also the V22 and maybe RKSL's C-130? They would be two excellent additional aircraft and maybe one extra combat jet like the F18?

I am under the impression that the ACE mod is looking towards the future (ie: Arma2). That being the case, I think that vehicles that are going to be a part of Arma2 are not going to see themselves in the Arma version of ACE.

My guess is that once Arma2 comes out, you will see a "final" version of ACE for Arma, and a constantly evolving ACE for Arma2. That being said, there is little incentive to put in those vehicles for the Arma version of ACE when the team knows they will eventually be there.

TG-22nd Blackdog1: In that case ACE would weight over couple of gigs :)

I recommend you do what we did: make an addon for ACE mod, that is compatible and uses its features. All you need are new units/vehicles that use ACE configs.

I have another idea... Maybe ACE team (or someone who can do this very good) can do seperate packages with different forces... Then you will have core ACE mod with all (maybe lil' more) what we have now and few downloadable expansions, for example: ACE British Package, ACE ADF Package, ACE Bundeswehr Package and much more... In that case if you want something u have to download it and no one will be complaining about size of core ACE. I hope you will like my idea ;)

Edited by Max255[PL]

I am under the impression that the ACE mod is looking towards the future (ie: Arma2). That being the case, I think that vehicles that are going to be a part of Arma2 are not going to see themselves in the Arma version of ACE.

My guess is that once Arma2 comes out, you will see a "final" version of ACE for Arma, and a constantly evolving ACE for Arma2. That being said, there is little incentive to put in those vehicles for the Arma version of ACE when the team knows they will eventually be there.

At the very least, a Marine AAV7 and some kind of USMC transport helicopter would really help to finalize the last ACE update for ArmA. I'd be fairly happy with that (and maybe a C130). But if not, no biggie. Mission makers will just have to add those extra addons in their ACE missions. It's just convenient having them all within the ACE mod as that way a person doesn't have to download a bunch of other stuff to play the mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>