sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked but... Is there a definitive list off all classes included in ACE, from weapons, to unit classnames.

I have managed to get most unit and weapon names from the Docs included but am not able to find the vehicle classes.

Thx in advance.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked but...  Is there a definitive list off all classes included in ACE, from weapons, to unit classnames.

I have managed to get most unit and weapon names from the Docs included but am not able to find the vehicle classes.

Thx in advance.

Not yet, but you can generate it on your own with a few simple sqf scripts:

http://www.acemod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104

Ermmm would it be too much to ask if somebody could copy n paste the classes on here. Please.....

But i'll look into the .rpt thing, cheers Sickboy.

how do you change weapons in a chopper ? for example , in the cobra you can't change the wepaons nor as pilot nor as gunner either. sorry if this have been answered before

Some ppl who experienced problems with the FCS and other ACE Features, had multiple versions of the XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in their Mod folders.

Please remove all but the ACE one, this is an unofficial version v1.91, with a more advanced init eh system.

I have done this but still the same problem did not fix anyting. It will not let you switch your weapons when choseing the choppers with the all load outs but it will let you if you chose the ones with the same loads like all AMGs or all Rockets sad_o.gif For the backpack thing is there any way of takeing them off the units its that all the units in this mod have backpack on them crazy_o.gif  Would be nice to have an back pack class like moutains units instade of all units in this mod.

Like I said before, go to your gear. Click on the pack (usually in your AT slot) and click drop. That should get rid of it.

I know that you can drop the back pack but what im saying is that all units in the mod have them crazy_o.gif  Im saying is there an way that they can be tooking off for good, because its just crazy haveing all the units in this mod haveing back packs, it would be nice to have an class of units like moutain units and have them just have the back packs instead of all SLA side and US said haveing all back packs

i dont know if you noticed this at all.... but in real life ALL soldiers carry packs, and we have many variations depending on the mission. for deliberate attacks they are filled with ammo and such, for regular day to day its everything you need to survive.

the packs are one of the best things in this mod and i'm very glad to have them, good idea to whoever thought of it

yes soldiers carry back packs in real life when they are deployed to carry there equipment but in the filed they carry what they need not no 70lb back pack on patrol ya dig wink_o.gif Not all soldiers in the US army or any branch carry back pack all day long ok, thats why in real life you see only the airborn units or long rang units useing back packs for there all in one gear wink_o.gif Not all military units in the world carry back pack all day. Thats why i said if they could be broken up in to class like for long rang units and moutain units to carry back packs wink_o.gif

How do you reload the AntiAir missile with the support unit at your side? Because he got an extra air missile but i cant get him to reload it huh.gif

Great stuff guys, been playing this the last couple of days and giving a good old test.

Something that is bothering me is the CASEVAC addition. When a unit is incapacitated friendlies can drag him but medics can't heal or revive him and the incapacitated unit can't use the action menu to heal or revive at a medic either.

Am I doing something wrong in the editor? Am I missing something?

Am I doing something wrong in the editor? Am I missing something?

You need to examine him first to be able to rev him.

OK, but even when having done so I still don't see an option to revive/be revived.

Perhabs nothing can be done and you need to wait. Perhabs you do not have propper items in your holster.

OK, but even when having done so I still don't see an option to revive/be revived.

When you examine the guy, a hint box will appear in the top left that tells you about his condition. You then need to administer the correct treatments for their injuries with the action menu; either bandages, morphine or some other shit I can't remember the name of, but it restarts the heart or something when they have no pulse. You need to have the correct treatment object in your inventory too; this may require getting it out of you backpack. There's no single, magical heal option.

Don't know how well AI deal with injured players though.

Dont know if its a bug or something else..

Placeing a Sniper picking up a M109 AMPR

Loading 6 mags in Backpack and 6 on me..

When the mags on me is out i unpack the 6

in the backpack...But i cant relaoad...

Not the same mags??

YES, i did chose the m109 mags in the box...

When you examine the guy, a hint box will appear in the top left that tells you about his condition. You then need to administer the correct treatments for their injuries with the action menu; either bandages, morphine or some other shit I can't remember the name of, but it restarts the heart or something when they have no pulse. You need to have the correct treatment object in your inventory too; this may require getting it out of you backpack. There's no single, magical heal option.

Ok mate but the thing is even when I have these things in my gear I don't get options to treat the wounded after examining them. This is in MP by the way, so could it be something to do with that?

Ok mate but the thing is even when I have these things in my gear I don't get options to treat the wounded after examining them. This is in MP by the way, so could it be something to do with that?

What did the hint box say?

If people are uncouncious but not bleeding and it doesn't say they need something specific then just leave them - it's probably concussion or shock.

The fatigue/weapon weight system seems incredibly over done. Both in terms of how long before you're thrown to the floor and how long it takes to recover. Maybe someone in a better position to say knows this is realistic, but a game logic to turn it off would be really appreciated. Luckily it doesn't affect UKF weapons.

We don't use sprinting to travel long distance, we'll get vehicle transport or tab, but it still seems overdone.

The grenade launcher sights are rubbish, they're not adjustable at all and the Shift-V predicted range is way out. In the last 6thsense weapon pack you could select the range and then aim directly at the target, what happened?

I've had a good play with ACE and it's really good fun. There's a few bugs that I may go into later but on the whole it's excellent. I haven't quite worked everything out yet but I plan to soon.

I agree with the earlier post about splitting units into two separate classes - those with the pack and those without. It's a straight forward cut and paste operation (since the same models are used).

It is pretty silly that someone on guard duty or assault mission would carry his pack around.

EDIT: Did you include the grenadier fix into ACE (which corrects the AI use of grenade launchers)?

yes soldiers carry back packs in real life when they are deployed to carry there equipment but in the filed they carry what they need not no 70lb back pack on patrol ya dig wink_o.gif  Not all soldiers in the US army or any branch carry back pack all day long ok, thats why in real life you see only the airborn units or long rang units useing back packs for there all in one gear wink_o.gif Not all military units in the world carry back pack all day. Thats why i said if they could be broken up in to class like for long rang units and moutain units to carry back packs wink_o.gif

Please, do us all a favor and stop repeating yourself. The devs have read your posts. Your hyperbole is not helping your point. You have the ability to remove rucks now, without any modification to the mod. Utilize that ability.

Please, do us all a favor and stop repeating yourself. The devs have read your posts. Your hyperbole is not helping your point. You have the ability to remove rucks now, without any modification to the mod. Utilize that ability.

And I even spelled it out simply enough that someone who has had the game for two days and the ability to browse wiki's (ACE and BIS) could figure out how to remove those packs.

Posting unit classes without packs are an unnecessary waste of space when a simple <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeweapon "ACE_Rucksack_whateveritis" can fix your problem.

There are more important things for the devs to spend their time on than creating unnecessary doubles.

Daniel @ Dec. 26 2008,19:41)]We don't use sprinting to travel long distance, we'll get vehicle transport or tab, but it still seems overdone.

Leave your extra ammo in the car, bring the car as close as possible. Don't carry everything on your back. Make sure your SAW only carries 2 or 3 extra belts, the rest should be distributed in the squad. Do not carry your own spare Javelin or Dragon tube, ask a friend to lend you a hand.

If you carry rucksacks it will take longer to get from point to point, also take terrain into consideration - the slope of the terrain is a factor in calculations.

You need to adjust your tactics to realistic system, getting soldiers to battlefield is not worth much itself, the tirick is to do it and keep them rested.

Notice your vest and helemt is allready 20 kilos and this is without counting the rifle and ammo. This is not counted into the weight dispalyed. If you have a distance to travel onfoot you'll have to march (holstering the weapon helps too).

I think the fact you can sprint uphill with 40 kilos on you is itself generous. wink_o.gif

Did SPG-9 come with the ACE? Well anyways the gunner cannot be hit or kiled (no proxy in the fire geometry).

rofl.gif

I finaly found some use of AI´s....

They are PERFECT packdonkeys...

Give em a rucksack stuff it full of

what ever you need...They dont

care...They will run to worlds end

and back for you...Without being

affected with ACE stamina system..

The grenade launcher sights are rubbish, they're not adjustable at all and the Shift-V predicted range is way out. In the last 6thsense weapon pack you could select the range and then aim directly at the target, what happened?

no one said that these sights are adjustable as in real life, and the predicted range is about right from my test

if i do have something to complain about the weapons its the weapons such as SCARs M14 and such didnt came with proper sights like the 416 and 417 have

yes those 2 do look a bit ugly with that alpla layer bug for my 8800 GTS, but the advantage of those kind of sights bring me is big enought for me to forgive the downside

however all these issus are things i can live with, or as a trade off

SafetyCatch,

In my group of 40+ testers, we had only 3 that had the same problem you did. It worked for everyone else. What found the problem 2 of the 3. They had an old non-ACE version of XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in one of their Mod folers or their Arma\Addons folder. Once removed they were completely working again. The third player simply reinstalled everything and only used the @ACE mod and he was working again as well.

if any one has problems with @ACE even if you are only running @ACE search for an XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon that is may be active outside of @ACE. Then remove it when playing A.C.E.