sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

impressive work , i'll need months to discover all the features  biggrin_o.gif

one bug i found:

chopper AH-64 AGM114/he (some other ah-64 and other chopper classes aswell, UH-60, KA-50  etc) , when pressing activate ILS in the display of the ILS panel this shows:

dibujowu5.jpg

another one :

ACE Iarqui insurgent , AGS-30 ammo bearer and gunner assistant (maybe more) , their ammo don't match with the type of weapon and they show like out of ammo. An ammo bearer without ammo , such an irony  biggrin_o.gif

one bug i found:

chopper AH-64 AGM114/he (some other ah-64 and other chopper classes aswell, UH-60 etc) , when pressing activate ILS in the display of the ILS panel this shows:

Thanks for the bug report.

I will take a look at this.

Strange though.  What is the EXACT key sequence you used to activate the ILS?

i chose "ILS" with the mouse in the actions menu , then in the ILS display on the center of the screen pressed the square "activate" and the error shows

Some stuff that strikes me...

1)

I just had a great run, like, 25 meters or so...

I stuffed a rucksack FUL...I mean FULL..

I got 25m and than dropped like a ton of bricks...

Now, swedish paratroopers and specialunits are know

to be able too carry 20+ kg NOT incl personal weapons.

So i was thinking. Maby in next uppdate you increase the

tolerans in UNITS capabilitys.

2)

You have to BOARD a vehic to unload rucksak or other items

right..?

Wouldnt it be easier to be able to unpack to Vehic from

outside? Like in the rear.

3)

If i unpack or "drop" u stuffed rucks everything gets

scatterd on the ground..POSSIBLE AMMOBUG detected.

4)

Changing rate of fire/toggel weapons in my system is signed

to f-key. Doesent allways work..I cant change it.

Nothing happens...

Some stuff that strikes me...

1)

I just had a great run, like, 25 meters or so...

I stuffed a rucksack FUL...I mean FULL..

I got 25m and than dropped like a ton of bricks...

Now, swedish paratroopers and specialunits are know

to be able too carry 20+ kg NOT incl personal weapons.

So i was thinking. Maby in next uppdate you increase the

tolerans in UNITS capabilitys.

A word of advice re: feedback on the stamina system:

If you are going to make a complaint or suggestion about the stamina, you must provide actual hard data. Saying that you "stuffed a ruck full" doesn't tell us how much weight that was, so it's impossible to make a judgment on it. Try to provide the unit you were, the items you put into the ruck, the total weight (it displays it in the inventory screen), and the distance it took for whatever issue to crop up. That's something useful. Saying "I stuffed a ruck and fell over after 25m", on the other hand... not quite so useful. wink_o.gif

Nice job and well done on the mod.

Maybe you knew or it was just overlooked but the chinook seems to be over-sensitive to mouse movements.

I know it is hard to simulate two rotors but it kinda flies like a MH-6. I was able to do 360 roll so easily with it.

Need to add a bit more bulky, heavy feeling to its handling.

Congrats again for the release

cheers

I've noticed the standard groups are default models. Is this so that the end user can use a model replacement like Cam's 1st ID? Or won't that work with ACE?

Read the thread bud. That's been brought up and answered already.

About fighting with your backpack. It is a big no no. You drop the extra weight from your back on an instant that you go into combat.

If you are going to use backpacks please re-locate the entrenching tool from the East units. It looks really ugly when it pokes through the back pack all the time.

I also seem to loose a LOT of stuff from the editor when the ACE is running. Some of these are units from the game (civilians, partisans, etc.)

They are still there because campaigns and missions ares playable - just do not show up in the editor anymore?

OFrP grenades won't work with this either.

If some mod doesn't use EXH it will not work with any other mod.

No use complaining to ACE team about it.

Quote[/b] ]I also seem to loose a LOT of stuff from the editor when the ACE is running. Some of these are units from the game (civilians, partisans, etc.)
Adressed by Sickboy earlier. They are hidden to avoid using them by mistake. You can bring them back if you want to.
Quote[/b] ]This mod works on all servers or only on servers using it
Dig earlier in the thread. Was explained.

OFrp units work ok for me. Something else is conflicting.

Found the config thing. All units show up in the editor now ok smile_o.gif

Im so sorry...

Was no COMPLAINT...Just stuff that i noticed..

But here you go...

Rucksack 19.8 kg of mags

On me: HK416 + 12 mags

Glock 18 + 8 mags

TOTAL w: 34KG

Jogging: 470m...Then i collaps

Sorry forgot: I was a ACE Inf Riflesoldier.

T-72 is too powerful

it easily penetrate Abrams's front armor in 500m far

(no matter ACE's M1A2 TUSK or CH M1A1HA)

I guess so units are place holder?

US mortar team is normal rifle team

Russia T-80 is displaying T-72A

Shouldn't be. Either they have changed the ammo values for the T-72 in the release version or there is some other addon conflict, since I've worked a long time on the CAVS system for ACE.

EDIT:

Just checked it out, seems allright to me.

EDIT2:

The thing I ask myself again: Why does all the American armor just carry a load of 1.200 rounds for the coax? Ain't that a bit unrealistic in comparison to the correct Russian loadout or did anyone "fear" machinegun-spam in MP?

You can bypass the engine start by moving the turret on most armoured vehicles.

The mod is absolutely great!

Though i have noticed 2 things that are a bit off.

The first is nitpicking, and regards the SF units. They have a sideholster on their leg for a pistol, however you cannot use that pistol. Its not in your inventory or in action menu.

The second thing is a bit more serious and is caused when lying in the ground with an AT launcher.

You can switch from AT to rifle within a second, there isnt any transition time. This doesnt occur when standing or crouched.

But its truely great work! notworthy.gif

EDIT2:

The thing I ask myself again: Why does all the American armor just carry a load of 1.200 rounds for the coax? Ain't that a bit unrealistic in comparison to the correct Russian loadout or did anyone "fear" machinegun-spam in MP?

Hey if I'm not mistaken it carries 12,400 rounds, so maybe 4x3100 or so. The one thing I really miss is NWD FCS. I wish it didn't make changes to the model so it would work on tanks other the BIS ones. Maybe one day NWD will come back and make a version that is compatible with all tanks.  whistle.gif

But if that never happens it's all good with me. I can live with these great tanks with no FCS. Damn those TUSK's are fantastic.

EDIT:

Just a note to some of the people asking questions. Would you read the damn thread before posting?!

This team has spent a long, long time creating this Mod for us, the least we can do is not waste their time asking the same questions again and again. It's really not that time consuming to use "print this topic" then search the topic.

EDIT2:

Hey if I'm not mistaken it carries 12,400 rounds, so maybe 4x3100 or so. The one thing I really miss is NWD FCS. I wish it didn't make changes to the model so it would work on tanks other the BIS ones. Maybe one day NWD will come back and make a version that is compatible with all tanks.  whistle.gif

But if that never happens it's all good with me. I can live with these great tanks with no FCS. Damn those TUSK's are fantastic.

Well in the Config I've written, the M1 Series was supposed to carry the 11.400 rounds ammunition. Also the M60 was supposed to have 6.000 for his coax.

Afair the NWD FCS was to complex to implent in our nearly finished config a while ago.

Yeah his FCS is pretty damn complex, I understand. No worries on my end. I'm completely happy with these great pieces of armor as is.

Well in the Config I've written, the M1 Series was supposed to carry the 11.400 rounds ammunition. Also the M60 was supposed to have 6.000 for his coax.

Maybe if you came back you could fix it  whistle.gif Seriously, we're really undermanned now to keep track of everything.

One minor cosmetic bug:

OFP converted T-90 has an error in one of it's LODs in damageHide selection (stretching polys after parts are hidden due destruction). Most likely in the tracks some points are not included into selection.

(Visible from Javelin sight while zooming).

Javelin is really strange at times. It can lock only on some vehicles. Extremely random when it comes to third party addons. What does the config or model need to have so that Javelin can achieve a lock?

EDIT: I got also hangups in the main menu if I leave the game alone for a while.

Tried to download it 3 times now.. each time it gets to 85% and stops!

narc, try a different mirror.

Downloading this mod now, feature list sounds excellent. One thing I am wondering however, is are players permitted to make changes for personal inter-unit gaming?

Again nice mod, just wanted to get some clarification on modifying certain parts of this one due to some of our vehicles / addons being excessively trained for use prior to deployment of this mod, would hate to lose the vehicles we are heavily trained for usage of due to not being able to attempt to add them to ACE. It would be a personal usage version for our unit only, never public.

Regards and Merry Christmas ACE community,

Sergeant A Austin

Bravo Fire Team Leader

173rd AIBCT Realism Unit.