sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

how do you change weapons in a chopper ? for example , in the cobra you can't change the wepaons nor as pilot nor as gunner either. sorry if this have been answered before

Some ppl who experienced problems with the FCS and other ACE Features, had multiple versions of the XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in their Mod folders.

Please remove all but the ACE one, this is an unofficial version v1.91, with a more advanced init eh system.

I have done this but still the same problem did not fix anyting. It will not let you switch your weapons when choseing the choppers with the all load outs but it will let you if you chose the ones with the same loads like all AMGs or all Rockets sad_o.gif For the backpack thing is there any way of takeing them off the units its that all the units in this mod have backpack on them crazy_o.gif  Would be nice to have an back pack class like moutains units instade of all units in this mod.

Like I said before, go to your gear. Click on the pack (usually in your AT slot) and click drop. That should get rid of it.

I know that you can drop the back pack but what im saying is that all units in the mod have them crazy_o.gif Im saying is there an way that they can be tooking off for good, because its just crazy haveing all the units in this mod haveing back packs, it would be nice to have an class of units like moutain units and have them just have the back packs instead of all SLA side and US said haveing all back packs

Also this AH-64 and AH-1 not being able to switch out weapons is an bug that would be lovely if fixed its not an issue with other mods or anyting lots of people are haveing this problem crazy_o.gif

Also, does the pack induced fatigue effect AI units?

If so, there are some real problems. Only way to get the AI to bring up the gear menu out in the field is to drop something for them to interact with (mag, etc). Then, send each one at a time to that point, drop pack, etc.

Not to mention having to babysit each one back to retrieve them.

Quote[/b] ]I know that you can drop the back pack but what im saying is that all units in the mod have them crazy_o.gif Im saying is there an way that they can be tooking off for good, because its just crazy haveing all the units in this mod haveing back packs, it would be nice to have an class of units like moutain units and have them just have the back packs instead of all SLA side and US said haveing all back packs

You have the ability to remove them via scripting easily enough. If that's too much trouble, I don't know what to tell you. The rucks are a feature of ACE - I would much rather give them to everyone by default than the reverse.

Quote[/b] ]Also this AH-64 and AH-1 not being able to switch out weapons is an bug that would be lovely if fixed its not an issue with other mods or anyting lots of people are haveing this problem crazy_o.gif

The mod has been out for two days. It is a fan project, done in people's free time. It will be fixed when it's fixed - the issue has been brought up, the team is aware of it, and harping on it or trying to emphasize just how big of a problem you believe it is won't speed it along any. Have patience.

Quote[/b] ]Also, does the pack induced fatigue effect AI units?

To be clear, it is not "pack-induced fatigue", it's fatigue based on the weight of anything you carry, regardless of it's in a pack or not.

As to whether it influences AI - I don't believe that it does, but I could be mistaken.

For the chopper issue i was just makeing it clear that its an bug because it was said that its an mod issue with others mods, but the back pack thing about via script ya not good at that but would be nice to have an unit class of mountain units or back pack units to selected from then just all units haveing back pack of course in the filed all units do not carry back packs wink_o.gif

how do you change weapons in a chopper ? for example , in the cobra you can't change the wepaons nor as pilot nor as gunner either. sorry if this have been answered before

Some ppl who experienced problems with the FCS and other ACE Features, had multiple versions of the XEH (Extended Eventhandlers) Addon in their Mod folders.

Please remove all but the ACE one, this is an unofficial version v1.91, with a more advanced init eh system.

I have done this but still the same problem did not fix anyting. It will not let you switch your weapons when choseing the choppers with the all load outs but it will let you if you chose the ones with the same loads like all AMGs or all Rockets sad_o.gif For the backpack thing is there any way of takeing them off the units its that all the units in this mod have backpack on them crazy_o.gif  Would be nice to have an back pack class like moutains units instade of all units in this mod.

Like I said before, go to your gear. Click on the pack (usually in your AT slot) and click drop. That should get rid of it.

I know that you can drop the back pack but what im saying is that all units in the mod have them crazy_o.gif  Im saying is there an way that they can be tooking off for good, because its just crazy haveing all the units in this mod haveing back packs, it would be nice to have an class of units like moutain units and have them just have the back packs instead of all SLA side and US said haveing all back packs

i dont know if you noticed this at all.... but in real life ALL soldiers carry packs, and we have many variations depending on the mission. for deliberate attacks they are filled with ammo and such, for regular day to day its everything you need to survive.

the packs are one of the best things in this mod and i'm very glad to have them, good idea to whoever thought of it

i dont know if you noticed this at all.... but in real life ALL soldiers carry packs, and we have many variations depending on the mission. for deliberate attacks they are filled with ammo and such, for regular day to day its everything you need to survive.

the packs are one of the best things in this mod and i'm very glad to have them, good idea to whoever thought of it

Modified truth. Yes - all soldiers have their rucksacks. But they do NOT carry them into combat if it is possible or feasible to dump them before it (or simply not bring them along for the mission at all), due to all the extra weight and cumbersomeness.

But indeed it is a lovely feature, and adds another depth to gear and missions that hasn't been present since WGL smile_o.gif

All reported issues will be checked and resolved in the course of the next weeks, but do not expect much before the new year.

And as promised, missing content will probably be added in the upcoming weeks, but break and then patches first goodnight.gifyay.gif

i have no idea where these moaning about having backpack came from

as for god sakes, YOU CAN DROP IT!

Modified truth. Yes - all soldiers have their rucksacks. But they do NOT carry them into combat if it is possible or feasible to dump them before it (or simply not bring them along for the mission at all), due to all the extra weight and cumbersomeness.

But indeed it is a lovely feature, and adds another depth to gear and missions that hasn't been present since WGL smile_o.gif

correct, they dont carry rucks into battle if possible, but in this day and age the need to carry more ammo there are packs issued for this and they are carried into battle. gone are the days where a riflemans loadout is 5 mags on webbing. when you are fighting a war with no front lines you cant expect to get a resupply right after a battle.

well i got a bug to report i checked the gernade thing. it is a Bloody ace bug i removed FNN fromy my main addon folder and only put with Armaeffects mod i have.. SO why the gernades not working i have no clue.... becuse i cant even throw those special gernades ace with whistle.gif

well i got a bug to report i checked the gernade thing. it is a Bloody ace bug i removed FNN fromy my main addon folder and only put with Armaeffects mod i have.. SO why the gernades not working i have no clue....  becuse i cant even throw those special gernades ace with    whistle.gif

If someone else reports this, I would be interested. Right now it sounds like there's something wrong with your setup. I have never had an issue with throwing grenades in ACE, neither has ShackTac. That's a very large sample size presently, compared to one person saying they don't work. We need more than one isolated example of it "not working" before we can conclude that it's anything other than a bad addon setup on your end, or something similar.

well i got a bug to report i checked the gernade thing. it is a Bloody ace bug i removed FNN fromy my main addon folder and only put with Armaeffects mod i have.. SO why the gernades not working i have no clue....  becuse i cant even throw those special gernades ace with    whistle.gif

Oh, btw. You should disable your ArmAEffects addon. ACE has it built in already, and the one in ACE is NOT identical to the public release as far as I know, which could cause complications.

If so, there are some real problems. Only way to get the AI to bring up the gear menu out in the field is to drop something for them to interact with (mag, etc).  Then, send each one at a time to that point, drop pack, etc.

Not true. Open your map, go to the group tab and click on an AI unit.

whistle.gif

@Those running ArmA Effects mod with ACE. That is pointless, look in the ACE addon folder and you will see that it's already there wink_o.gif

The ACE version has some minor changes to fit with the ACE mod, although it's mostly the same.

If someone else reports this, I would be interested. Right now it sounds like there's something wrong with your setup. I have never had an issue with throwing grenades in ACE, neither has ShackTac. That's a very large sample size presently, compared to one person saying they don't work. We need more than one isolated example of it "not working" before we can conclude that it's anything other than a bad addon setup on your end, or something similar.

I can confirm there is absolutely no problems with tossing nades on my end. I've got a ton of AddOns/Mods running, not FFN atm, and I don't have any problem at all throwing any of them. The only nades I cant toss are the FDF ones when playing as an FDF unit but that was going on before ACE appeared. Plus that's not a matter for ACE but I wanted to mention it for dramatic effect. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

any servers running ACE right now?, i got no one to play with!  crazy_o.gif

Type ACE in the server filter in the game.

Yep all 'nades work ok. Except that of FDF units, but is it probably the way they made their own launcher class for their grenades.

Javelin behavior however is a "bug" of a sort since without ACE I can engage and destroy any vehicle I place with the editor (friend or foe, 3rd party or game). With ACE the hits are always on the closest one and on some vehicles I cannot get a lock at all anymore.

Seems like most of the complaints here have been from people who are trying to combine other mods with ACE. ACE is the single most game-changing mod out there, so why not just try it by itself for a while. And most of the questions can be answered by reading the wiki--pretty much explains how to use everything in the mod.

I just wanted to praise some of the little details: I'm impressed that the static and ring-mounted weapons now have some recoil. BI should really implement that into Arma II, along with a lot of other ideas from ACE. The Mk19 finally can do some serious damage against light armor--BI always gave Mk19s the same ammo class as the M203. In real life, the Mk19 uses a totally different and much more powerful round, and ACE got it right. I love everything about the ruck system, but I was also was impressed that the backpacks actually jostle around when you run. I love the new AT weapons, and finally being able to fire them from different postures. They even got the prone position right.

The only issues I have seem really trivial compared to all the new features, units, and equipment. I hope that there will eventually be some transitions between low walking and upright running. And it would be nice for medics to have one epinephrine in their holsters. That way medics would have one ready, and the other could be left behind in the rucksack for others to use if necessary. (I'll just move things around myself for now.) Just an idea--I like being the medic in coops.

All in all, top shelf work, gentlemen.

Nice job, had a good play last night with a freind, i had alot of fun just looking at and testing some of the addons in the armory aswell, although a few vehicles wouldnt work and crashed arma, nice job with the tracer fire too, I still havent really explored everything but I found the fatigue system a bit punishing, is that effected by how much weight you carry?

I would like to see a combination with ACE

and the AI from ecs or is it esp...

You know the one were the AI stalks u in citys etc.

Search buildings and so on...

First of all,

thanks for this absolutely great mod! Its definitley one of the best out there! yay.gif

But, as in most of the total mods, there are some aspects I personally like less. So, is it possible to customize this mod, by removing some of the pbo's or otherwise?

And what needs to be done to use the AI and effect changes with other units?

Personally I am more in the WWII thing, so à would like to use the mod with vilas and rip31st units...

Thanks a lot!

A.

Quick update.

Playing sanitizing mission i wound two strange "bugs"

1º I try to use binoculars, but i can't do it, animation loads ok, but i can't see trought binoculars, i onlay can see the model of binoculars without zoom.... i will post a shot when i get at home.

2ºWhile playing the mission my teamleader die, i go near him and i can see this, first, animation of being shot was played, and temaleader was die, 2 seconds later he revived, 2 seconds more and he die again, and two seconds later he revived again and that happened until i exit the mission.

I think i have verified that i have no external addons/mods loaded, anyway, someone knows where can i find a list of default arma addons?

btw, i found another strange thing. I went to multiplayer, and on the server list i tr to lookup for any server running ace. Instead of filtering i simply take a look at the island loaded, and all servers that i checked have de ace sara island loaded, is this a bug o every server is running ace mod?

PD: Even with this small bugs this mod is totally awesome, can't wait for final release!

i'd like to make two little suggestions for the nex update:

- nvg field of view is too narrow , i would make it a little big for example like True NVGoggles by rg762 does.

- the red dot of the aimpoint is huge and often blocks the whole target, i would reduce its size like GDTModOptics does.

just suggestions, anyway i'm able to play this rocking ACE/DC mod ( rofl.gif ) with these mods installed    smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I try to use binoculars, but i can't do it, animation loads ok, but i can't see trought binoculars, i onlay can see the model of binoculars without zoom.... i will post a shot when i get at home.

As stated earlier, once selected you just need to RIGHT CLICK mouse to bring up and down binocs smile_o.gif