Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Zagrabad doesn't look that big though from the map... it may feel different ingame (the pics made it feel bigger), especially if most buildings are enterable (lots of places to hide).

These pictures really gave me an idea of the scale of detail BIS must have put into the Zagrabad

http://arma2.pl/img/article/201004/arma2.pl_087.jpg

(looks like three floors; all enterable afaik)

these 2 also look insanely-detailed (from previous previews (hookedgamers)):

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_op_arrow_04.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_op_arrow_11.jpg

So many places to hide!!! :868:

I also lurve the mountains in the background :rolleyes:

The game ran smoothly @high settings on AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.00 GHz, 4GB Ram. Zargabad though is a real benchmark for your PC (the town map?). There's no big difference when it comes to eyecandy in comparison to ArmA 2, but everything looks nice (buildings, water, vegetation).

but they don't told us with wich gpu they tested the game and i don't think this is secondary ;)

edit: in the previewed version there was no option to adjust the sights, but there's a thermal scope and it works great

false, http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=13838 min 3:10

These pictures really gave me an idea of the scale of detail BIS must have put into the Zagrabad

http://arma2.pl/img/article/201004/arma2.pl_087.jpg

(looks like three floors; all enterable afaik)

these 2 also look insanely-detailed (from previous previews (hookedgamers)):

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_op_arrow_04.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_op_arrow_11.jpg

So many places to hide!!! :868:

I also lurve the mountains in the background :rolleyes:

Zargabad? Prepare to overclock your GPUs even more, ladies and gentlemen! :D

I still don't understand what is meant by animations such as waving hello. Don't we already have that in the vanilla ArmA 2? I mean, just walk up to a Chernarussian civilian and greet them in the game, for example. :confused:

The most distant mountains are the new artificial backdrop. :) Looks good though.

Laqueesha: No mate. Its about (to me) being able to put an arm up in the air when you play with many people in MP and say "YO IM HERE!" :)

Really wanted some animation tied to a button that shows more than "salut" animation that "YO IM HERE GUYS!". "THIS IS ME". Because it can be hard to know whos who sometimes.

The most distant mountains are the new artificial backdrop. :) Looks good though.

Laqueesha: No mate. Its about (to me) being able to put an arm up in the air when you play with many people in MP and say "YO IM HERE!" :)

Really wanted some animation tied to a button that shows more than "salut" animation that "YO IM HERE GUYS!". "THIS IS ME". Because it can be hard to know whos who sometimes.

Ahh, I see now. That'll help prevent some friendly-fire incidents, I know I've been involved in my fair share of them online. :D

Very nice, that unused Ðнтонов Ðн-2 "Колт" is making an appearance!

So that's what it is, I mistook it for a Douglas DC-3 until I saw the bi-level wings.

AA warning systems work on vehicles with radars (sound beep and flashing red marker on the radar).

Was well explain from the subtitles of the second gamepage preview translated by deadfast (thx), min 4:13

Was well explain from the subtitles of the second gamepage preview translated by deadfast (thx), min 4:13

Cool, I didn't put too much attention this when I watched it last time, hehe!

Anyway, OA looks great, must buy but 1 thing that concerns me is Apache Gunner sight... the one we got from 1.05 wasn't really cool, and I think it's ok in A2 because we don't have FLIR there. But now when we have FLIR... I would like to see real Apache sights, you know with huge zoom and stuff like that. I presume JCOVE have pretty good Apache sight (from videos). It would be cool, If eJay or someone else, would show us apache gun sights, hehe :yay:

And one other thing... I wonder when BIS upgrade OA web page, like A2 one... with units and stuff :D Cheers!

It would be cool, If eJay or someone else, would show us apache gun sights, hehe :yay:

I can't show it right now, but I can assure you that Apache gun sight is kick-ass cookie ;) Hard to describe how good it is.

Some nice pictures there, thanks :)

I dont know about you, but I'm really looking forwards towards the Chinook and that gorgeous SCUD missle platform.:)

...you know with huge zoom and stuff like that.

Someone refresh my mind: Why we can´t have this fixed zoom avaible in VBS?

(I mean, 1x, 2x,4x... instead of "zoooooooom innnnnnnnn" and "zooooooom ouuuut").

^^ Yeah... wished we had it too. Maybe one of the prioritizing things you know. maybe in a patch if we bug them through A2CIT, and if many vote.

I can't show it right now, but I can assure you that Apache gun sight is kick-ass cookie ;) Hard to describe how good it is.

Cant wait to see some action! :)

(I mean, 1x, 2x,4x... instead of "zoooooooom innnnnnnnn" and "zooooooom ouuuut").

Exactly, something like here:

shouldn't be hard to implement :rolleyes:, If already not implemented, we dont know yet (fingers crossed :cool:)

Edited by Mafia101

Looking forward to when you can show it :D I think anything is an improvement over ArmA2's gun cameras.

Zoom isn't broken. Pcs don't have enough analogue inputs to utilize it correctly. Use a controller and the left trigger is analogue zoom. It zoomz as much as you press it.

He's not talking about a problem controlling the variable zoom mechanism, rather he (and I) would prefer stepped magnification levels instead.

He's not talking about a problem controlling the variable zoom mechanism, rather he (and I) would prefer stepped magnification levels instead.

That would make sense to have the option given 90% of pc gamers probably use mouse and kb only.

I think i'd prefer the current zoom method over the step form that you see in other games. But that is a discussion for a different thread. Anywho, any slips, leaks, or loose lips mention any sign of a news update for tomorrow?

I'm kind of disappointed and yet excited that all of the U.S. Army soldiers will all have FN SCARs, or that's what it apperars to be judging from the newly released preview content. I do prefer the trusty ol' M4 carbines and M16A4 rifles though.

I'm not looking forward to having to change their guns to M16s all the time. I am not a big fan of SCARs and I hoping there are predefined M16 guys in it so I don't have to change too much everytime I want to play. I suppose I could just stick with the KSK though. I do love those G36s.

I'm not looking forward to having to change their guns to M16s all the time. I am not a big fan of SCARs and I hoping there are predefined M16 guys in it so I don't have to change too much everytime I want to play. I suppose I could just stick with the KSK though. I do love those G36s.

I loved the H&Ks in the vanilla ArmA 2, especially on the "Boss" unit.

Well, there's always "removeallweapons this" as a workaround.

Me too :)

I'm a bit dissapointed that the G36's in OA are just retextures of the standard Arma2 ones. (which were apparently converted from Arma1). Really missing a K or Standard variant with a CCO variant and AG36 -- and preferably animated bits :P But then again the other features of OA are gorgeous and BIS is a relatively small studio.

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

Me too :)

I'm a bit dissapointed that the G36's in OA are just retextures of the standard Arma2 ones. (which were apparently converted from Arma1). Really missing a K or Standard variant with a CCO variant and AG36 -- and preferably animated bits :P But then again the other features of OA are gorgeous and BIS is a relatively small studio.

-k

Yea they could make those G36's with rails and sopmod things and not the only desert skin - lazy guys :p

I will release another OA feature video in next few hours. Nothing special but hope you'll enjoy it. ;)

I will release another OA feature video in next few hours. Nothing special but hope you'll enjoy it. ;)

Cant wait! :)

If you havent already, and if it is in the WIP code, and that you are allowed to show it: Could you test the PEQ units lasers and either show image, video or just write one or two rows about it?

Thanks a lot for giving us information. :)