Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Oh shucks, no new screenshots. :(

Maybe so, but the Google translation is immediately hilarious:

Takistán is a country where the grains of sand in the face fucking and zalézají even under military uniforms. Sometimes, however, the meat instead of bulk construction material and some bites that lead projectile fired from a product bearing the name of the Avtomat Kalashnikov 1947th. So this is what came with the Arab countries bring to boil order the armed forces of allies and "ordered the army" will become more dangerous insurgent groups - the death lurks around every corner and each window can be wrapped a scarf hiding his face.

Meh, in doesn't say anything new, yet it is good to see another optimistic (p)reviewer. Again, no major bugs have been found and better optimalization has been mentioned.

Google translater fails so im unable to read it properly

If you wish to see what google translated the first 6-7 words from the preview

Takistán is country

Where grains of sand in the face fucking

No joke.

Takistan is country

I never knew that, thanks for posting the preview, guys! :D

Where grains of sand in the face fucking

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by Laqueesha

I'm not really sure that burst of press was good for the hype :j:

I mean, now I feel like I know everything about the game :(

Oh well, still definitely gonna buy it...

What does everyone else think?

oh dem Czechies and their dirty minds.

LMAO

Dont get your hopes up kids about the "No major bugs" this is because they can only play selected parts of the game that have already got alot of attention, playing one side of the cube while the other is still open to bugs and other issues.

Ejay cant show us anything till he has full permission from IDEA games, so im going to be a skeptic, when the full game is playable and reviewed then i'll believe this till now its rhetoric.

anyways I just want to see AI and PEQ / Flashlights now. Show some good use of night gameplay using peq/flashlights and FLIR scopes if possible Ejay.

Ugh, you're playing at 720p crank it up to 1680x1050 at least, them textures will sparkle.

I'm not really sure that burst of press was good for the hype :j:

I mean, now I feel like I know everything about the game :(

Oh well, still definitely gonna buy it...

What does everyone else think?

I think they should release a couple more teaser trailer about the factions such as the alliance forces deploy video

but not yet late, released a video about the UN troops and the Opfor troops :D

was not made the UK press tour? We saw only Czech, Polish preview, the only one english was that of pc gamer :confused:

EDIT: eJay have you received permission from idea? ;)

Edited by unknow_mario

but not yet late, released a video about the UN troops and the Opfor troops

I wonder what country the UN peacekeepers are going to originate from. Remember that the United Nations has no regular military and that peacekeepers must be obtained from standing armies. From the few screenshots released, the UN peacekeepers appear to be using Eastern Bloc equipment. I hope that they are either Bangladeshi, Indian or Pakistani, due to the fact those countries contribute the majority of UN peacekeepers.

Edited by Laqueesha

Dont get your hopes up kids about the "No major bugs" this is because they can only play selected parts of the game that have already got alot of attention, playing one side of the cube while the other is still open to bugs and other issues.

Yes let's all have negative thoughts about OA... :rolleyes:

I wonder what country the UN peacekeepers are going to originate from.

I rather imagine the Czechs and Germans are present under U.N. auspices and that the BMP in U.N. paint is part of the Czech contingent, not sure there's call to suppose there will be others.

Just wait for the "full" reviews where the campaign ONLY is reviewed and thanks to some bugs in it the whole game gets a low score. Where did this happen before? Hmmmm *cough* arma2 *cough*.

Cause as we all know - ARMA is only a couple of missions - a campaign. There is nothing else in the title at all. Finish the campaign - the game is over. :D

Some reviewers do seem more "knowing" this time though (so far) and i hope it stays that way.

I rather imagine the Czechs and Germans are present under U.N. auspices and that the BMP in U.N. paint is part of the Czech contingent, not sure there's call to suppose there will be others.

No, US Army, Czechs, Germans special forces and Takistans are under the blufor class, as seen in town generator video.

I'm pretty sure most will be interested in the last paragraph (and I see Google Translator doesn't do it justice once again :D):

PÅ™i normálním hraní jsme pak nenarazili na žádné výraznÄ›jší bugy, což vzhledem k historii znaÄky pomÄ›rnÄ› sluÅ¡nÄ› pÅ™ekvapilo, stejnÄ› jako pÅ™ekvapila o nÄ›co lepší optimalizace. Operation Arrowhead tak má sluÅ¡nÄ› naÅ¡lápnuto k tomu, aby se stala tím nejlepším v celé sérii a každý fanouÅ¡ek by si tak mÄ›l zaÅ¡krtnout datum 29. Äervna v kalendáři – tehdy totiž doputuje na pulty obchodů a stejnÄ› tak se u nás koncem Äervna objeví i recenze, u níž se tímto těšíme na vidÄ›nou.

During normal game play we did not run into any significant bugs which is something quite surprising given the history of the brand, the optimization was a bit better too. Operation Arrowhead is therefore heading towards becoming the best of the series and every fan should tick the date of June 29 in his calendar - the date the game will appear on shops' shelves. Our review should surface by the end of July too, so goodbye until then.

No, US Army, Czechs, Germans special forces and Takistans are under the blufor class, as seen in town generator video.

And what makes the you think the UN wouldnt be under blufor?

Thanks Deadfast - per usual the super translator dude. :D

Very nice news!

And what makes the you think the UN wouldnt be under blufor?

Independent?

Thanks Deadfast - per usual the super translator dude. :D

Very nice news!

I find it overall a pretty good article so I'll look into fully translating it tomorrow.

FYI......

From.....

http://www.gamezone.com/news/04_26_10_08_11AM.htm

Meridian4 Acquires North American Rights to ‘ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead’ for PC

New Stand-Alone Release Hits Shelves June 29

Meridian4 today announced it has secured the North American retail publishing rights to Bohemia Interactive’s new stand-alone, expansion pack, ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead. Additionally, Meridian4 is also planning on introducing ARMA II Combined Operations, a special edition bundle that consists of the original award winning ArmA II game and Operation Arrowhead. Both offerings are schedule to hit retailers across North America on June 29.

“We are excited to partner with Bohemia Interactive to bring these two outstanding offerings to gamers,†said Steve Milburn, Marketing Director, of Meridian4. “With new playable content and new simulation features, ArmA II : Operation Arrowhead is a robust PC game that does not require the original ArmA II, yet is fully backwards compatible, so owners of the first game can enjoy the new features and a whole new experience.â€

The action resumes in ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original Arma II. A new flashpoint in the Green Sea region heats up and coalition forces led by the US Army are sent to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties.

In ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead’s all-new single-player and multiplayer campaigns, players will experience new large-scale maps, and new simulation features that include new radio chatter and languages, controllable Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, thermal imaging, decoy flares and smoke screen cover. Additionally, owners of the original Arma II will now be able to utilize Operation Arrowhead’s new weaponry, vehicles and factions in the multiplayer mode of Arma II, breathing new life into the battle.

For more information on ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, please visit:

http://www.arma2.com/arrowhead/arrowhead.html

Actually no, the Takistani Army is under OPFOR. There is probably a rebel Takistani faction that sides with BLUFOR though.

Also, it's been revealed that the UN is separate and independent.

My bet for UN troops is that they are Russian. They definitely use Eastern weapons (Aks, PKs, RPG-7s, etc.). Something about them makes me think Russian. I wouldn't mind India or Pakistan or anything like that though. Any country will do.

Actually no, the Takistani Army is under OPFOR. There is probably a rebel Takistani faction that sides with BLUFOR though.

I think they are the Takistani Locals. That could be quite interesting as you could design scenarios where you can't just shoot any local carrying a weapon because some might be on your side, whereas the Takistani Militia are not. Then of course you have the civilians who also look similar yet aren't armed. All good stuff, makes the battlefield less binary which is about as authentic as you can get!

Well the more units the better, can you point me to a source for this revelation?