Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I'm pretty confident that BI will be able to fix the issues mentioned in the reviews after the game has been released. Even the one about AI not taking cover properly when under attack. Go BI!

I concur, this is the only real issue on top of some of those memory leaks. Please take your time BIS.

I concur, this is the only real issue on top of some of those memory leaks. Please take your time BIS.

I really, REALLY, REALLY hope they fix the memory leaks, specifically the crashing issue with selecting "Default" Video Memory even when you have 1 GB+ VRAM. This is game-breaking to me, since any other setting other than Default pretty much stutters like crap and has horrible LOD texturing errors (i.e. low res textures right up close)

Please, BIS...PLEASE!!! :D

I saw something about an Armory Manager, Armory MP Manager, & a Simple Support Module in that town construction video. MP Armory... Interesting.

Some question marks rising on my side...

Wie beim Hauptspiel steht mit dem Besuch im Bootcamp außerdem ein umfangreiches Tutorial zur Auswahl, während bei "The Armory" hauptsächlich die von Usern erstellten Inhalte im Mittelpunkt stehen. Diese sollen sich jetzt noch einfach(er) nutzen lassen: Laut Bohemia kann man die Downloadinhalte einfach laden und anschließend schon nach einem einfachen Doppelklick sofort ausprobieren."[/Quote]

(4 Players)

My translation:

As in the original game an extensive tutorial exists to be selected, while in "The Armory" mainly those by users created contents are at the center. These should be even easier to load:

According to Bohemia one can download the download contents easily and afterwards try them out with a simple double click. [/Quote]

Does this mean they will add user missions to some sort of ingame browser? I'm a bit confused.

Edited by Icewindo

Does this mean they will add user missions to some sort of ingame browser? I'm a bit confused.

Don't we have this in ArmA2 already? It seems to me it describes the .pbo files association with the game in your OS, so when you click on the PBO file in Windows, ArmA2 will start up and let you use the content of PBO directly, whether it's a mission, island, vehicle or a weapon.

Can anyone offer a translation to the video?

But in the end you could see a working javelin interface!

It's peanut butter jelly time! :yay:

Edit: 22 seconds ad in the beginning!

Sheiße! :D

Edited by Laqueesha

Did you notice the Xbox 360 key bindings in one of the UAV controls hint? This will rise a lot of heat among the console owners again...:rolleyes:

they're probably just teasing console players

LMAO! :D

Yeah like the older videos of ARMA2 where they had the monitor or something like that standing on a XBOX. Used as a coaster. :D

they're probably just teasing console players

If they were just teasing, they would have written:

Missile fire bindings:

PC: [insert]

Xbox 360: [N.e.b/A] - not enough buttons available :rolleyes:

Nice and the scud is working :D

Yeah, but the SCUD was working like that in OFP too... :rolleyes:

Good video, apart from the friendly fire in the beginning. I like what they say about the AI, though I´m not thoroughly convinced yet about how well they work.

The new training missions sound fantastic, the lack of those was one of the reasons why a few of my friends couldn´t get into the game, lack of drive to figure things out for themselves. (For various reasons such as lack of time.) Fully functional training missions will help in keeping people interested even in the pretty difficult time when they fire up the game after buying it.

That the performance wasn´t stellar in the city really was no surprise to me, though. The detail in the new buildings seems to be quite high, and with all of them being enterable, there´s a lot more the computer has to cope with, as opposed to the non-enterable buildings of previous times.

Good going BIS. Also thx to everyone who posted all these links.

Cheers

BIS did get the Javelin done... I mean cmon more credit to them please. How many of us wanted this? And yelled about it? And bitched about it? etc etc. :D

Awesome work BIS. Just pure gold. :)

Come on guys , let's keep this thread for info only and the other one for discussing the info posted here . Pretty please ! :bounce3:

In the video, at 2:30 its says definitely "XBOX 360 For Stick Btn. #4". OMG! :)

I think you guys are giving this way too much credit, a lot of PC games support XBox 360 controllers, and this could be just it, native support for gamepads. It's the same in Just Cause 2 and a lot of other games.

Well, I spotted something cool - 1st of the soldiers at 0:30 have Docter sight on ACOG on his SCAR... Wonder what this could mean?

BIS did get the Javelin done... I mean cmon more credit to them please. How many of us wanted this? And yelled about it? And bitched about it? etc etc. :D

Awesome work BIS. Just pure gold. :)

Where did you see it´s new functions that would make it gold worthy?

I´ve only spotted a new optics overlay ... even i can change that in a matter of minutes :rolleyes:

Where did you see it´s new functions that would make it gold worthy?

I´ve only spotted a new optics overlay ... even i can change that in a matter of minutes

Very true, according to that video its the same as currently, only that there is their new locking-time audible with a beep wehn ready to fire. Its only a different optics overlay :mad::cool:

Also, this makes it very sad, but we already know the Statement of a BIS-Dev from the Arma2 Bugtracker... How could we have dared even to think of a more self-caring AI :rolleyes:

Vor allem die KI gibt in der Vorschau-Fassung erneut Anlass zu Kritik: Es kann nicht sein, dass Feinde teilnahmslos in der Gegend stehen bleiben, wenn gefühlte zehn Meter entfernt im Fünf-Sekunden-Takt meine Raketen im Lager einschlagen.
Especially the AI again gives us according to that preview-version a cause for criticism:

It is absolutely unacceptable, that enemies still standing still around, even when in felt 10meters distance to them, in 5 second delays my rockets impacting in their base/compound.

You all seems to forget what press have is Work in Progress build which is older than actual development state :)

I think you guys are giving this way too much credit, a lot of PC games support XBox 360 controllers, and this could be just it, native support for gamepads. It's the same in Just Cause 2 and a lot of other games.

Didn't anyone ever try to get the xbox 360 controller working ingame?

If you choose the preset controller you'll see the x360 buttons all over the game. I've still haven't played with it because my custom settings are better for flying but maybe they are perfect for infantry... either way we allready have the xbox360 images in ArmAII. If you want screenshots I can provide the evidence.