Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Interesting, the lack of images and the fact that the Takistani Locals already appeared under BLUFOR suggests to me it's not exactly a certainty, still wouldn't surprise me if the Czech/German forces (also listed under BLUFOR) turned out to be the UNO contingent. I wonder if it's been declared secret or the faction is just devoid of units in the preview code.

Interesting, the lack of images and the fact that the Takistani Locals already appeared under BLUFOR suggests to me it's not exactly a certainty, still wouldn't surprise me if the Czech/German forces (also listed under BLUFOR) turned out to be the UNO contingent. I wonder if it's been declared secret or the faction is just devoid of units in the preview code.

No, in the YouTube Town Generator video you can clearly see the German KSK and Czech forces under BLUFOR. I don't think Special Forces units act as UN Observers, do they?

And here's an image of the separate UNO troops:

08arma2oajpg.jpg

As you can see they look nothing like the German or Czech troops.

No, indeed not, that screenshot kind of suggests India or Egypt to me.

nah... I think the UNs in that shot is the CDF...

You're right, the units seem to be the basic CDF models with blue helmets and berets.

Edited by badlymad

Actually they look more Russian to me, I don't remember the CDF wearing Berets.

They look more like British troops to me. In fact I'm certain of it. British confirmed for OA!

...sorry. Though one thing I noticed was the second guy from the right - what sight is that on his Ak-74? Looks kind of like an ACOG but I only recall a PSO from ArmA 2.

Though one thing I noticed was the second guy from the right - what sight is that on his Ak-74? Looks kind of like an ACOG but I only recall a PSO from ArmA 2.

I think it's the russian holographic sights... in ARMA2 it is standard on russian guys.. but in CDF only the squad leader have them

http://www.meridian4.com/games/arma2/index.html

Game page for the North American distributor. The North American box art can be seen on the page.

arma2_home.jpg

There will also be a bundle released by the aforementioned distributor, similar to ArmA 1: Gold. It will be called ArmA 2: Combined Operations.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/04/26/meridian4-to-publish-arma-ii-expansion-and-new-collection/

I guess we can reasonably assume that the "Takistani Locals" will be friendly to the BLUFOR, similar to what the "Northern Alliance" was in Afghanistan.

Edited by Laqueesha

I guess we can reasonably assume that the "Takistani Locals" will be friendly to the BLUFOR, similar to what the "Northern Alliance" was in Afghanistan.

No we can't, they are listed under BLUFOR here. The Takistani Militia are under OPFOR.

No we can't, they are listed under BLUFOR here. The Takistani Militia are under OPFOR.

Well, that confirms it. ;)

Hi all

Finaly it looks like BIS have sorted out a proper global release of ArmA.

Now all we need is TV and magazine adverts and it is all gravy.

Kind Regards walker

System requirements for Operation Arrowhead below.

Windows XP/Vista/W7

Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

1 GB (2 GB for Multiplayer)

DirectX 9.0c

Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

10GB free disk space

UN has to be under "independent" as they have to be set as "friendly to anyone" (at least at first), being peacekeepers.

They cannot be Blufor or they would get shot by Opfor all the time... Thus defeating their purpose.

UN has to be under "independent" as they have to be set as "friendly to anyone" (at least at first), being peacekeepers.

They cannot be Blufor or they would get shot by Opfor all the time... Thus defeating their purpose.

Then in theory, they are useless. Just like the real UN. :p

LOL (well yes they are) I also think the UN Guys are CDF. Would make sense. After winning the war against the Chedaki and reestablishing Peace in their own Country they support the UN and send Troops to Takistan....

LOL (well yes they are) I also think the UN Guys are CDF. Would make sense. After winning the war against the Chedaki and reestablishing Peace in their own Country they support the UN and send Troops to Takistan....

And, it will save BIS some time. ;)

I also think the UN Guys are CDF. Would make sense. After winning the war against the Chedaki and reestablishing Peace in their own Country they subsidise their lowly paid standing army with lucrative U.N. stipends....

More like.