Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Just keep this thread for OA press coverage/presentations only. So all people can quickly find the latest OA news. ;):)

No news today? :confused: :(

Today's news is that I ordered my worms today ready for building my basement wormery, 500g of Giant Canadian Redworms (best bait worm apparently) ordered from Germany :)

Just keep this thread for OA press coverage/presentations only. So all people can quickly find the latest OA news. ;):)
Listen to this guy. He knows what hes talking about. :)

Placebo LOL! :D Good luck with that. May your worms get fat & juicy. :)

And what about editing the fisrt post with (almost) all info so far? Pics, reviews, videos and that list of features that some guys did many pages back?

Edit: Wrong Topic...

Edited by Smurf

Today's news is that I ordered my worms today ready for building my basement wormery, 500g of Giant Canadian Redworms (best bait worm apparently) ordered from Germany :)

will those worms have an infinitely generated soil-bed to play on?

:p

Careful, some people might start taking that as a hint that OA will have some sort of worm simulation.

will those worms have an infinitely generated soil-bed to play on?

:p

Hmm no but they will have some nice plastic containers to live in, so that's something ;)

Careful, some people might start taking that as a hint that OA will have some sort of worm simulation.

Shhh DLC shhhh ;)

Spanish review with a few screenshots.

So it looks like there will be some form of close-quarters combat. :yay:

Edited by Laqueesha

Bohemia pretende preparar una serie de contenidos descargables para su producto. A fecha de hoy se desconoce en qué consistirían y su posible precio.

For those who don't understand spanish, it basicaly says : Bohemia is thinking of releasing DLC. Actual content and price to be determined.

Where did he get that idea ?

So it looks like there will be some form of close-quarters combat.

Err - where did you get that from? The only vaguely relevant section I could see in the translation was

"We also find that the capital of this nation, Zargabad, this amount corresponds to 70 square miles of urban sprawl, but beyond this size the proposal offers us new possibilities war-oriented urban combat tactics."

which certainly isn't the same as saying there will be improved CQB.

...which certainly isn't the same as saying there will be improved CQB.

... and which is something he did not say, re-read. Besides, judging by what eJay said the AI is quite capable of using buildings and one of the pictures in that preview confirms that they do use them. How good it is we will have to see.

My english comprehension is fine thank you. "So it looks like there will be some form of close-quarters combat." can easily be interpreted as "BIS have implemented some new (and improved) CQB behaviour", particularly in the rather over-excitable atmosphere of this thread ;-) I rather hope BIS have done something to improve CQB but there is nothing in that spanish article to say so as far as I can see.

... and which is something he did not say, re-read. Besides, judging by what eJay said the AI is quite capable of using buildings and one of the pictures in that preview confirms that they do use them. How good it is we will have to see.

Thanks for clarifying that. :D

My english comprehension is fine thank you. "So it looks like there will be some form of close-quarters combat." can easily be interpreted as "BIS have implemented some new (and improved) CQB behaviour", particularly in the rather over-excitable atmosphere of this thread I rather hope BIS have done something to improve CQB but there is nothing in that spanish article to say so as far as I can see.

"Some form" does not necessarily mean better. It can mean bad, worse, mediocre, great, or excellent. I meant by my previous comment that there will be some basic form of close-quarters combat, improved from that of ArmA 2. I did not inquire on the quality of the aforementioned close-quarters combat, nor did I ever state that it will be excellent, mediocre, or poor. But, let's not derail this thread further with semantics. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

My english comprehension is fine thank you. "So it looks like there will be some form of close-quarters combat." can easily be interpreted as "BIS have implemented some new (and improved) CQB behaviour", particularly in the rather over-excitable atmosphere of this thread ;-) I rather hope BIS have done something to improve CQB but there is nothing in that spanish article to say so as far as I can see.

(my bold)

Or it could also mean that they have added ACE like function to switch to CQB when using a weapon with that possibility (scope <-> CQB sight)? Well see soon. :)

What the ... He pulled the video? I didn't even get to watch it. Not cool.

Got a copy on my channel along with all the other videos released. I'll pull the low framerate one once a new one comes out

I noted that it's probably done on a lower end system.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jblackrupert

Edited by jblackrupert

We already know most of the news mentioned here, but if you're not 'in-the-know', just listen up to this awesome project (ARMACast podcast)!

(also keep discussion there, lets not clutter this thread up too much with PR discussion when it can be done elsewhere ;))

Episode 2 – Tip of the Arrow

This time, we prepare for Operation Arrowhead, discuss the UAZ, and share war stories about one of our favorite missions, Insurgent Surprise.

Discussion

00:00-01:58 – Introductions and Thanks

01:59-36-23 – Operation Arrowhead Overlook

36:24-43:50 – “Armory†– The UAZ

43:51-54:16 – “Special Assignmentâ€

54:17-55:56 – Ending

Listen!

Stream

Subscribe with iTunes

Enjoy! :yay:

Edited by SASrecon

"The ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead is the standalone expansion to ARMA 2 and do not require the original game in order to be played."

Might want to fix those. ;)

Great to see it finally updated, nonetheless.

A2OA_ingame_screenshot_10.jpg

Never seen that screenshot before. Nice looking HMMWVs. :D

Edited by Zipper5