Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I will release another OA feature video in next few hours. Nothing special but hope you'll enjoy it. ;)

Apache gun cam !!!:bounce3:

Just make a "half an hour show everything movie" ^^

I will release another OA feature video in next few hours. Nothing special but hope you'll enjoy it. ;)

Dont taze ah i mean tease me bro!

Yes please give us like 3 videos about 10 minutes long showing off the beautiful views and show off the PEQ and flashlights and rucksack feature.

Dont forget to crank up the graphics! :yay:

I will release another OA feature video in next few hours. Nothing special but hope you'll enjoy it.

Oh, we will. Chenquieh! ;)

Dont taze ah i mean tease me bro!

Yes please give us like 3 videos about 10 minutes long showing off the beautiful views and show off the PEQ and flashlights and rucksack feature.

Dont forget to crank up the graphics! :yay:

you forgot some AI CQB firefights

I need to talk with IDEA first, so encourage them to give a bless :)

By the way, tiny tease how Takistan kicks ass with reasonable (5 km) View Distance:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2iw6s7.jpg

And it handles well, game runs smooth and no significant stutter!

I need to talk with IDEA first, so encourage them to give a bless :)

By the way, tiny tease how Takistan kicks ass with reasonable (5 km) View Distance:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2iw6s7.jpg

And it handles well, game runs smooth and no significant stutter!

We have a real love-hate relationship you know that? j/k :p

Seriously loving the stuff you're showing us, it's fantastic how pictures just taken in the editor are more exciting than any of the promotional stills.

@ Ejay, as the game is still classified as wip,

Have you noticed any dramatic improvements to OA over ArmA2?

Does the game still crash when it rains on water?

Could you please post your PC Specs? Would like to know what kind of PC you must have to run OA smooth at 5km Viewdistance

Phenom II x4 at 3GHz, 4GB RAM... From his review at arma2.pl. Now we just need to know graphics card and stuff.

;1615870']Phenom II x4 at 3GHz' date=' 4GB RAM... From his review at arma2.pl. Now we just need to know graphics card and stuff.[/quote']

Review from arma2.pl is not mine, actually, and Iv'e got weaker hardware.

I´m especially interested in your GPU, because I have just a Gforce 9500 GS with 512MB

I run Arma 2 on 2,5km viewdistance......

I´m especially interested in your GPU

So am I. I have a BFG NVIDIA GTS 250 OC, which has 1GB of memory. I run ArmA 2 on a view distance of 3,000 kilometers with fairly decent frame rates. Not great, but certainly better than my previous graphics card, which was an NVIDIA 8800 GTS which had only 320MB of memory; even more so since I added additional gigabytes of RAM.

Edited by Laqueesha

I run ArmA 2 on a view distance of 3,000 kilometers

Are you sure you got that right :D

Review from arma2.pl is not mine, actually, and Iv'e got weaker hardware.

Oh, damn, sry for mistake. And that's kinda good to hear u have weaker PC (well, maybe not for u eJay ;)). Any chance of getting to know your specs?

I'd like to know how good OA is running, if u say 5000VD is smooth...

Are you sure you got that right

I believe so, aren't 1000 increments in the "View Distance" slider equal to one kilometer? :confused:

but 3000 kilometers is quite a long way. you may mean 3000 meters. especially as the max drawdistance via slider is 10km.

looks like we won't see new video from eJay today(

but 3000 kilometers is quite a long way. you may mean 3000 meters. especially as the max drawdistance via slider is 10km.

Oh, yeah. You're right, my bad. I meant 3 kilometres. How silly of me. :o

Edited by Laqueesha

Zoom isn't broken.

Yes, it sort of is. The vast majority of military systems have fixed focal length optics (i.e. 1x, 4x, 11x, 64x, 128x "magnification" - discrete steps) and not this continual zoom we have in ArmA.

Pcs don't have enough analogue inputs to utilize it correctly. Use a controller and the left trigger is analogue zoom. It zoomz as much as you press it.
That would make sense to have the option given 90% of pc gamers probably use mouse and kb only.

Well that just doesnt make any sense... You're saying the method of numpad +/- we've been using for nearly 10 years isnt good enough? How is squeezing a controller trigger any more accurate/better than tapping a button?

He's not talking about a problem controlling the variable zoom mechanism, rather he (and I) would prefer stepped magnification levels instead.

Exactly.

I think i'd prefer the current zoom method over the step form that you see in other games.

Prefer it maybe, but more realistic, definitely not. (Given the cries of "zomg realistic!" from both sides, its kindof laughable that more people are not up in arms about it)

I seriously don´t bother about how they handle the Zoom, as long as there is one. Why do you want stepped Zoom? Only because its realistic?

I seriously don´t bother about how they handle the Zoom, as long as there is one. Why do you want stepped Zoom? Only because its realistic?

Why not? It's a better method of targeting and it would make ACOG sights much more useful in close range for example. And yes it's realistic but that doesn't have much bearing on why I want it.

Why would it make ACOG Sights more usefull in CQB? Do ACOG Sights have multiple Zoom levels IRL?

Why would it make ACOG Sights more usefull in CQB? Do ACOG Sights have multiple Zoom levels IRL?

I think they do? :confused: