Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Just because a feature wasn't included in the February preview build, doesn't mean they weren't already working on it. It may have simply been too buggy to implement. For all you know they may have been working on it for months. Wait until the game is out before you start whining. :)

Maybe they never even intended to add such feature in first place. Consider yourself disappointed :cool:

Maybe they never even intended to add such feature in first place. Consider yourself disappointed :cool:

In a recent German interview it was stated that the tank handling is being overhauled. No need to be disappointed yet. :cool:

At first i was rather not impressed at all, looked like the same old half-hearted stuff we always had since OFP1 (tank/vehicle wise), but then i spotted something...

Look at 2:20... the BMP2 HQ, i think there is, as far as i can see, a guy standing and having a rifle at his shoulders?!.

Hopefully this first confirmed, then dropped feature will be in finally.... :yay:

But after all, i have to admit, that i'm rather not impressed at all by the "rest" of this footage, hopefully it was really a version were much stuff was simply not included so far.

Isn't ArmA 2 just built up from ArmA so any problem that ArmA had would move over to ArmA 2 unless they fixed it?

I'm sure they have a huge list on what needs to be fixed and added and that is probably on their list, even if they have to do it on the first patch.

At first i was rather not impressed at all, looked like the same old half-hearted stuff we always had since OFP1 (tank/vehicle wise), but then i spotted something...

Look at 2:20... the BMP2 HQ, i think there is, as far as i can see, a guy standing and having a rifle at his shoulders?!.

Hopefully this first confirmed, then dropped feature will be in finally.... :yay:

But after all, i have to admit, that i'm rather not impressed at all by the "rest" of this footage, hopefully it was really a version were much stuff was simply not included so far.

I think that is just a machine gun on the BMP.

Hooray... Booooo... Hooray... Booooo...

It surely gets quite boring after a while.

Its good to be emotional because we all hope A2 will be as good as possible but this emotional rollercoaster with each news piece... i dunno :p

Edited by Shadow NX

@Trunkz Jr

It would be more accurate to say that ArmA1 was built from developments in ArmA2 and ofp. ArmA2 started development before ArmA1.

Edited by Max Power

@Jakerod

It would be more accurate to say that ArmA1 was built from developments in ArmA2 and ofp. ArmA2 started development before ArmA1.

??? I didn't say anything about ArmA or OFP... I don't think.

I've been noticing lately that ArmA II has been popping up in the "In The Mix" section of gamespot on their front page a lot lately. Although, the screenshot that pops up just shows the radio tower and two trees so it probably isn't really drawing many people in.

Wow, this is just stunning !

1r53j5.jpg

Cars already lean over when turning in ArmA1, they also bow/nod when stopping. I hope they've included this little visual detail for the tanks in ArmA II (It's hard to tell from that video though).

Too many whiners in this thread, the game is'nt even out yet, and people is already disapointed... OMG!

You mean 0:20.

I can't tell from the quality :confused: but i'd like to know what system and what settings these videos were played on

You mean 0:20.

I can't tell from the quality :confused: but i'd like to know what system and what settings these videos were played on

I can't tell but judging by the way he is holding it I would say its a mounted mg. It looks like there is one here too:

chdkz-bvpcomm.png

??? I didn't say anything about ArmA or OFP... I don't think.

I've been noticing lately that ArmA II has been popping up in the "In The Mix" section of gamespot on their front page a lot lately. Although, the screenshot that pops up just shows the radio tower and two trees so it probably isn't really drawing many people in.

Sorry, I missappropriated that response to you. I meant Trunkz Jr.

Ok, I am by no means a console fanboy, but.... did anyone happen to notice that the colored circles next to the "Back", "Show Info", "Viewer", and "Try!" tabs in the video were the B, Y, X, and A buttons for the Xbox 360?

Xbox 360 confirmed?:confused:

If that is the case, I will be buying it for PC and Xbox...:bounce3:

Yeah I noticed that. Theres a good chance I will be getting it for both too. Although I will probably only get it for xbox if it is possible to play coop on the same box. I don't have live and I don't plan on getting it. With the new high command feature I would love to play it with my brother on the same TV with each of us commanding a platoon.

@Max- no problem. I just got confused for a second.

I've noticed that on the main arma2 page the pc release date and the console TBD line is gone.

And the main page description is "ARMA 2 - The Ultimate Military Simulation for PC and Next-Gen Console"

hmmm, there are two sections, guerrilla (lol :D ) and support left.

I was wondering what will be in there?

Too many whiners in this thread, the game is'nt even out yet, and people is already disapointed... OMG!

People are just trying to grab BIS attention in order to improve what could be enhanced before the game gets released.

No more, no less.

Regards,

TB

Why do they let a man Jump, in Papas damn Trunk?

Edited by Takko

Why do they let a man Jump, in Papas damn Trunk?

What the hell are you trying the say?

Personally I can't wait for the press to get their hands on the build I played tonight, looks incredible, LOD loading is almost completely gone, guess it was the recession and nobody can afford to watch trees shimmering in and out in the background :(

Personally I can't wait for the press to get their hands on the build I played tonight, looks incredible, LOD loading is almost completely gone, guess it was the recession and nobody can afford to watch trees shimmering in and out in the background :(

Damn you Placebo, damn you!!!!

:whistle:

I'll ask Marek if he'll let me post a pic or two for you guys at some point soon ;)