Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Sorry to bother but how many fps you get usually on that setup ?

I haven't checked FPS, for me it's not an important factor, the game either runs smooth, or it doesn't, I concern myself only with that, if it runs smooth I'm very happy, if it doesn't I look to tweak graphics card/OS and then in game settings :)

"AMD 64 X2 4600+

6gb Ram

ATI 4870

Windows 7 RC1"

i have AMD dual core 6000, so is my stronger ?

VGA 8800 GTS 512 how it compares with your card

and maybe the most important question

is Windows XPSp2 and Windows 7 have difference in games and power of PC ?

cause i cannot imagine now buying Win 7 for 300 USD< which in my country is almost monthly-salary of many people

is game runs the same on WinXP or 7 is so important step forward?

cause now it seems Arma2 is becoming better than i was thinking

A couple of months back when one of the first Windows 7 betas came out I tried ArmA2 on Win7 installed to one drive and XP installed to another drive booting between the two, I didn't distinguish any differences in performance or image quality at that point :)

cause i cannot imagine now buying Win 7 for 300 USD< which in my country is almost monthly-salary of many people

is game runs the same on WinXP or 7 is so important step forward?

cause now it seems Arma2 is becoming better than i was thinking

Most online retailers stock an "OEM" edition of Windows, which is usually in and around €100. The only difference is that you have to completely reinstall (no upgrade allowed) and once you activate your copy, you can only use it on that machine.

Fortunately for me, my college gives out free MS licenses :D

AMD 64 X2 4600+

6gb Ram

ATI 4870

Windows 7 RC1

"Very high" setting scheme.

Not many units, was just checking out the scenery, have to try to play some missions without getting killed in 3 seconds ;)

Uppsala, and no ;)

OK thx, do you run it with AA/AF? And which resolution? Those factors are quite important to determine if a game "runs smooth" or not. Backing it up with a FPS program like fraps would be nice, because some say 20 frames are smooth...

i forget it is not hardware topic (but Placebo here stated his PC along with opinion about playing A2)

but making last word of ofttopic - people from US and "west" do not realise that in east hardware and software is 10-20% more expensive

the fact that for you one component costs 100 USD and you earn 1500 USD, not changes fact that in my country the same parts costs 120 USD while we earn 400 USD (i earn more, but rest of population NOT)

thats why we from east buy digital cameras on west and we have many internet dealers who travel to Germany or UK to buy some cameras

my EOS 450D/ EOS Rebel XSi in Poland costed 3000 PLN (than 850-900 USD), now it costs 2600 PLN (800 USD) while in west it costs 600-650 USD !!!

for you it is half month of work, for me it would be 2 months of work without food, house etc. spends

150 USD difference, while people here earn ca. 400 monthly

so now maybe you will realise why for us Arma2 hardware is so damn important

we have to save food to play games, something which you can't understand

and why i am furious when i heard that on high-end PC Tiscali said it was not working

and thats why for me it is most important, is A2 will run well on my AMD dual 6000, 8800GTS512

making addons for me, was "to buy PC which holds Arma1 or to buy shoes, shirt, go with girl to cinema" and than i chosen PC :/

last words of offtopic ended

no i am little cooler, that my PC will hold it and i will see Chernarus

Edited by vilas

Do you mind to point me to that information as I totally missed it.

That wasn't fair from my point of view, im not getting upset, but I think that was a bad move from bis. Next time bis should add some text (ala WIP) stating trains are static objects, otherwise the community will obviously think there are proper trains available to play with.

Excuse my poor english.

Pretty sure it was said in the radio intervju.

And why so rabid about a fucking ambience thing? Ok if some tanks were taken out, but some static thing you cant do shit with... It would be nice but it isnt the end of the world you know. Chill.

And who knows if BIS pulls our leg? We dont know that. Maybe there are trains. Just freakin wait and see. Let BIS surprise us with something.

Alex

72;1280473']Pretty sure it was said in the radio intervju.

And why so rabid about a fucking ambience thing? Ok if some tanks were taken out' date=' but some static thing you cant do [b']shit[/b] with... It would be nice but it isnt the end of the world you know. Chill.

And who knows if BIS pulls our leg? We dont know that. Maybe there are trains. Just freakin wait and see. Let BIS surprise us with something.

Alex

I'm all ok, thank you.

OK thx, do you run it with AA/AF? And which resolution? Those factors are quite important to determine if a game "runs smooth" or not. Backing it up with a FPS program like fraps would be nice, because some say 20 frames are smooth...

Last night it was on high AF and no AA I believe, only just installed Win7 + Cat 9.4 so still tweaking settings, personally I don't care so much about AA but consider AF very important due to the way it resolves the texture line issues in many games.

72;1280473']Pretty sure it was said in the radio intervju.

And why so rabid about a fucking ambience thing? Ok if some tanks were taken out' date=' but some static thing you cant do shit with[/quote']

I'm sure if we try really hard we can come up with ways to make our point without sounding as if we have anger management issues ;)

<little OT> I don't agree with "vilas" about the situation in Central Europe :D Absolutely not. Maybe thinks, that there is "no money heaven, everything for free" to the west and you can buy anything without asking your wallet whether you can :D When I look around, I don't think the people here are starving a single second in their lives :D

And about prices...everyone can use eBay, so what?

So that's about the hoax that almost came alive.

</OT>

The game evolution cannot Stop just due some people

In the east.

But hey, its all about majority which you aint a hold

I aint able to say stuff like "stop developing dese sports cars

cause dem dat expensive"

Please keep the thread on topic, discuss hardware prices in the pinned PC thread in offtopic :)

Okdante - i live here since 1978 and i have also family on Belarus and Lithuenia so don't tell me bull... or you are teenager young son of businesman, 1% of population

Back on topic... None of the previews so far have stated that getting your parachute shot will make it fail. In Arma, I believe it just made your parachute move around a little bit.

It would take so many shots to stop a parachute producing drag, plus the reserve chute can be pulled in extreme circumstances, I don't really think its a relevant feature.

Edited by sparks50

Okdante - i live here since 1978 and i have also family on Belarus and Lithuenia so don't tell me bull... or you are teenager young son of businesman, 1% of population

Infraction +1 for ignoring a moderator's instruction to stay on topic.

Infraction +1 for ignoring a moderator's instruction to stay on topic.

If their little sqabble kept on going I was going to pull my hair out.

If their little sqabble kept on going I was going to pull my hair out.

you should stay ontopic too :D:D (you didn't follow the instructions)

as for I am -> wasn't there supposed to be PC Gamer information about Arma 2 be coming soon? Or has it already been released, I am totally been living under the rock!

I sub to the mag and got mine the other day.

It gives some basic information/impressions of guys first time to play (first on aircraft carrier then airlifted to a small town, then talks about taking a vtol out for a spin and hitting a radio mast lol)

Gives a very quick overview of the editor also.

It gives nothing away that is not already known but it seems the previewer (Jim Rossignol) liked it and the feeling I had was optimistic.

Quote " I begin on the deck of a US navy carrier. Running for a Marine Corps helicopter, I clamber aboard, am thrown into third person view, and watch as the aircraft takes off, flies along a coastline and puts down on a nearby beach. Visually its impeccable."

If I had my scanner here I would scan the shots in as well.. but dont so soz :P

Arma2 deserves more than a footnote on the magazine cover :) On the front in huge 300 font text: Starcraft 2 the Savior of PC gaming then on the side in arial narrow text: Arma2...

But hey! Maybe thats a good thing. People see Starcraft 2 and go "oo cool!", they buy the magazine and then see Arma2 featured on the inside :)

I can't possibly imagine how StarCraft players could be interested in Arma2...

They're some kind of... freaky :greetings:

is there any note about colisions in Arma2 ?

Edited by Placebo

I can't possibly imagine how StarCraft players could be interested in Arma2...

They're some kind of... freaky :greetings:

I'm not saying they would be, but you can't say that none of the Arma/OFP players here haven't played the original Starcraft. Even so, there will be at least a few people who see the title on the magazine, buy it, and then notice Arma2 on the inside and gain interest into possibly buying it. Hell, starcraft came out when? 1998? Thats over a decade ago, many of the original players of starcraft have aged up a bit and may be in the market for a much more mature game, IE: A military sim. Most probably aren't, but it can't hurt.

edit/sidenote: Its incredibly hard reading verticle paragraphs vilas, I'm probably going to refrain from reading your post :)

Edited by Victor

I'm not saying they would be, but you can't say that none of the Arma/OFP players here haven't played the original Starcraft. Even so, there will be at least a few people who see the title on the magazine, buy it, and then notice Arma2 on the inside and gain interest into possibly buying it. Hell, starcraft came out when? 1998? Thats over a decade ago, many of the original players of starcraft have aged up a bit and may be in the market for a much more mature game, IE: A military sim. Most probably aren't, but it can't hurt.

edit/sidenote: Its incredibly hard reading verticle paragraphs vilas, I'm probably going to refrain from reading your post :)

er.. I am original OFP player and I am also original Starcraft player. Does that make me universal or what?