Sign in to follow this  
SaBrE_UK

ArmA 2 Press Coverage

Hey guys, BIS made new update of arma2 website. And released new screenshot: http://www.arma2.com/. It's looking really good.

Lunch of the website is set on september 1st.

Hand positions..urk...its nice to see you can pull wounded soldiers along though, I remember seeing this in VBS2 and I'm happy to see this in the civilian game.

Terrain and lighting look beautiful, realistic, as does that sky, if those clouds are moveable then I will litereally wizz myself in amazement as that is quite an achievement.

Hard to make out a whole lot so before I get too excited I'll wait for further release of information of any sort, though I think those two thigns deserve a pointing out.

Yeah i like that screenshot too. Whole picture reminds me good old Flashpoint's atmoshere. Can't wait for September 1st though. I hope they release some really badass screenshots.

I just got my monthly gaming mag with a list of companies present in public at the GC and I can't find BI on the list (neither morphicom or IDEA games)

sad_o.gif

That must be some kind of mistake, BIS said that they show their progress at GC.

BIS will have his exhibition under IDEA Games company.

<a href="http://messe-av.leipziger-messe.de/index.php?page=2443&params[4][1]=YTo1OntzOjg6ImV2ZW50X2lkIjtpOjQwNDtzOjk6InNvdXJjZV9zZiI7czoyMjoic2hvd0V2ZW50RXhoaWJpdG9yTG

lzdCI7czo3OiJjb21tYW5kIjtzOjIwOiJzaG93RXhoaWJpdG9yRGV0YWlscyI7czoxMjoiZXhoaWJpdG9yX2lkIjtz

OjY6IjM2MTkzNCI7czo0OiJwYWdlIjtzOjQ6IjI0NDMiO30=" target="_blank">http://messe-av.leipziger-messe.de/index.p....DMiO30=</a>

BIS will have his exhibition under IDEA Games company.

<a href="http://messe-av.leipziger-messe.de/index.php?page=2443&params[4" target="_blank">[1]=YTo1OntzOjg6ImV2ZW50X2lkIjtpOjQwNDtzOjk6InNvdXJjZV9zZiI7czoyMjoic2hvd0V2ZW50RXhoaWJpdG9yTG

lzdCI7czo3OiJjb21tYW5kIjtzOjIwOiJzaG93RXhoaWJpdG9yRGV0YWlscyI7czoxMjoiZXhoaWJpdG9yX2lkIjtz

OjY6IjM2MTkzNCI7czo0OiJwYWdlIjtzOjQ6IjI0NDMiO30=]http://messe-av.leipziger-messe.de/index.p....DMiO30=</a>

Than I expect they won't show things for everyone...

Nice shot - nice find, looks promising. Quite harmonious and imho better than having such an obvious shader orgy like Flashpoint2 seems to have. The art of how to use shaders: smart and unflashy. Can't wait for the updates from this year's GC wink_o.gif

I like the in-game and ARMA 2 genuine in-game screenshot set in the  corner and under the screen: hello OFP 2.

We can see ofp 2 may have stimulate bis on the marketing sector (military tested, ingame insert) which is a very good thing, although they cann't truely compete with codemasters.

is the "Independence Lost" name belongs to CODY too? if not, i think BI should REALLY change ARMAII name

is the "Independence Lost" name belongs to CODY too? if not, i think BI should REALLY change ARMAII name

I agree 100%, it was a nice idea for a game thumbs-up.gif .

I agree 100%, it was a nice idea for a game thumbs-up.gif .

Yeah the name "Independence Lost" just by itself sounds cool. It doesn't even need the idea behind the old game although that was cool too. For some reason I find titles with the words Lost at the end of them cool. Ex. Independence Lost and Paradise Lost etc.

Your idea with the name is great smile_o.gif. I agree that BIS should change the name for ArmA II. I don't really now, why they are using this boring and disappointing name "ArmA" (eventuelly Armed Assault). If someone (who didn't ever heard about Armed Assault and OFP) will thinking about buying ArmA II, will probably first check all reviews from the previous game and will see, that this game isn't so great. ArmA 1 didn't even had a video review on gametrailers.com

The review from IGN was not so great too sad_o.gif.

Personally, I think they should change this.

the name seems to belongs to BIA, but since BIA mainly focus on VBS1 and 2 they have never used the name for their own OFP engine based game using this name, maybe suma Maurk and seventh should have a little "talk" wink_o.gif

I'd much rather see the name Independence Lost than ArmA2.. I guess it's too late for them to change it now, but the name doesn't sound as cheesy as "ArmA" and seems more relevant to the scenario.

Oh well..

Or turn it around to "Independence Regained" for any number of good reasons, though it's mouthful anyway you cut it.

I like the name much more than ArmA 2 ... Please BIS, change it smile_o.gif

From a Swiss page:

Quote[/b] ]DVDes.ch Shop

Rubrik:PC-DVD - Actionspiel

Studio:HMH Hamburger Medien Haus

Herstellernummer:MO17038

EAN Nummer:4260095170385

Erscheinungsdatum:16.10.2008

Verfügbarkeit: Demnächst

Armed Assault 2 spielt im Jahr 2009 in einem fiktionalen post-sowjetischen Land namens Chernarus. Der Spieler agiert als Teil eines Spezialkommandos, um für Stabilität in dem umkämpften Land zu sorgen. Armed Assault 2 basiert auf der neuesten Generation der ArmA-Technologie und zeichnet sich durch herausragende Features aus: eine extrem umfangreiche Spielwelt, authentische, sehr detaillierte Waffen, Fahrzeuge und Umgebungen sowie herausfordernde Einzelspielermissionen und beeindruckende Mehrspieleroptionen.

FEATURES:

* Storybasierte Einzelspielerkampagne mit Rollenspiel-Elementen.

* Handlung mit dynamischen Ereignissen und Ãœberraschungen.

* Naturgetreue Kampfsimulation (Ballistik, Querschläger & Materialdurchdringung).

* Ressourcenmanagement.

* Erweitertes dynamisches Konversationssystem.

* Absolut einmaliges KI-Kampfsystem.

* Weit über 50 benutzbare Waffen und Fahrzeuge, welche dem aktuellen Rüstungsstand entsprechen.

* Riesige Mehrspielerkarten für mehr als 50 Spieler.

* Eingebauter Missionseditor.

* 1000 qkm grosses Einsatzgebiet (voll bespielbar).

* Neue Grafikengine.

* Gezeiten, Sternenkonstellationen, Tageszeiten und Wetter verändern sich dynamisch.

* Umfangreiche Vehikelbibliothek.

* Wesentlich realistischeres Gelände.

* Waffenkammer: Dynamisch spielbare Bibliothek, welche alle Waffen und Fahrzeuge beinhaltet.

* Optimierung für dual-/ multi-Core Systeme.

* Mehr Details in den Gesichtern.

* Mehr Vegetationsdetails, neue Tierwelt.

* Verbesserte Gebäudezerstörung, zerstörbare Umgebungstexturen.

* Kooperatives Multiplaying.

* Verbesserte KI, besonders im Häuserkampf und in urbaner Umgebung.

* KI benutzt Handzeichen zur Koordination und verstärkten Verständigung.

* Multiplaying für über 50 menschliche Spieler auf nur einem Schlachtfeld (Join in Progress).

* Integriertes Voice-over-IP (VOIP).

* Einzigartige Spiel- sowie Moddingfreiheiten.

* Nutzt den Vorteil von 64Bit CPUs.

* Befehligung riesiger Squads über ein Areal von 200 Kilometern.

* Über 100 Einheiten pro Gruppe möglich (Vergleich OFP 12), 144 Gruppen pro Seite.

* HDR Lighting, dynamische Lichteffekte und Echtzeit-Schatten, Blendeffekte, Augen mit hell-dunkel-Anpassung.

* DirectX 10 / Shader Model 3 Rendering.

* Volumetrischer Nebel.

Google Translated:

Quote[/b] ]Section: PC-DVD - Action game

Studio: HMH Hamburger media house

Manufacturer: MO17038

EAN number: 4260095170385

Release date: 16.10.2008

Availability: Coming Soon

Armed Assault 2 plays in 2009 in a fictional post-Soviet country called Chernarus. The player acts as part of a special command to provide stability in the embattled country. Armed Assault 2 is based on the latest generation of ArmA technology and characterized by outstanding features: an extremely extensive game world, authentic, highly detailed weapons, vehicles and environments and challenging single-player missions and impressive multi-player options.

FEATURES:

* Storybasierte single player campaign with role-playing elements.

* Act with dynamic events and surprises.

* Naturgetreue battle simulation (ballistics, ricochets & Material penetration).

* Resource management.

* Enhanced dynamic conversation system.

* Absolutely unique AI combat system.

* More than 50 usable weapons and vehicles, which arms the current status.

* Huge multi-player maps for more than 50 players.

* Integrated Mission Editor.

* 1000 sq km large area (fully playable).

* New graphics engine.

* Tides, constellations of stars, times of day and weather change dynamically.

* Extensive vehicle library.

* Much more realistic grounds.

* Armory: Dynamic playable library, all weapons and vehicles.

* Optimization for dual / multi-core systems.

* More details in the faces.

* More vegetation details, new animal world.

* Improved building destruction, destructible environment textures.

* Cooperative multi Playing.

* Improved AI, especially in homes and in urban combat environment.

* AI used hand signals to coordinate and strengthen understanding.

* Multi Playing for more than 50 human players on one battlefield (Join in Progress).

* Integrated Voice-over-IP (VOIP).

* Unique and game modding freedoms.

* Takes advantage of 64 CPUs.

* Befehligung huge Squads of an area of 200 kilometers.

* About 100 units per group (compared OFP 12), 144 groups per page.

* HDR lighting, dynamic lighting effects and real-time shadows, glare, bright eyes with dark adaptation.

* DirectX 10 / Shader Model 3 rendering.

* Volumetrischer fog.

If a Fire Control System for various vehicles and aircraft was added to that list, it would make a huge impact on the game as a whole.

Looks good. There's not really anything new, though it's nice to have a list. I didn't see anything about the three different campaigns, that I think BIS said there would be.