Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Interview with Ondrej Spanel ( Suma )

I was not joking. I've just copied this text from other post in this topic. It should be of course "when does the patch 1.09 comes" smile_o.gif Sorry, I've copied this very fast and I've not see, that this text had not logic.

Heh, I thought that you want to know when will be ARMA 2 released in 1.09 version so it can be playable for some people. (not for me, for me ArmA was playable a long time before 1.09 beta patch)

Ask these communist bastards if I can get refund for my game.

Ask if they realize that the game has become too big for them and should be done by professionals.

Ask if unstabe game is a feature.

And finally if they are looking for new jobs since ArmA 2 must suck too since ArmA 1 is not even done yet and the BI will fold.

Oh, cheaters..... Are they meant to be a part of this game, a feature too?

My question is:

Has BIS any plans to add multi threading to ArmA2 server/client.

Ask these communist bastards if I can get refund for my game.

Ask if they realize that the game has become too big for them and should be done by professionals.

Ask if unstabe game is a feature.

And finally if they are looking for new jobs since ArmA 2 must suck too since ArmA 1 is not even done yet and the BI will fold.

Oh, cheaters..... Are they meant to be a part of this game, a feature too?

According to your warning level, you are on your way to be expelled from this forum.

Conclusion: i guess whiners are also feature of this game ( like any game )

Feel free to cooledit my entries, as cutting all those unnecessary ahm and uhms should shorten them significantly. Great idea btw!

Ignore the moron, I banned him some time ago, disgraceful that he's from Singapore as well sad_o.gif

Hello there ,

this should be an interesting interview and I would like to thank everyone involved.

I leave the millions of technical questions for other people to ask , my question would be:

"What was your original vision for this game series, how did it change over the years and what are your longterm goals for the future?"

I do know that is very vague and easy to reply to with some PR phrases , but I have never quite grasped what type of game BIS actually wants to produce here and if they ever had to change their concept because of monetary reasons. Although its highly improbable it would be also interesting to hear in this context where Suma/BIS thinks they went wrong with their overall design and such

Well, I recorded a couple of questions. Here goes a suggestion for a nice question concerning the latest screens:

Well, the only thing that bothers me is the fact that the grass is to short. It could be scalable in mp, but generally, well, it's just too short. I'm from central Europe, just like the BI guys btw.

example 1: urbanised area - the grass is ok here

example 2: open field - if it's not a pasturage, then the grass should be much taller, at least in many places on that pic

The problem could be solved by adding more cultivated fields, you know, the ploughed ground wouldn't cause any troubles, maybe some corn-growing here or there...so, is it just a matter of wip, or a general tendency? (I remember ppl coursing the grass in ArmA)

It's DONE!

Expect a extra-extra-long episode this sunday!

i had to drop a few questions due to time-limitation.

if you would want to hear the interview on the radio, keep the following date & time free in your agenda!

Sunday february 3 - 20:00-22:00 GMT+1

Hope to see you tuned in at that time!!

yay.gif

BoYaa!

Sadly, I'll have to DL it as I'll be away that day

"When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?"

What does ArmA 2 have to do with the 1.09 version?

ok, maybe this was too difficult...

what I meant is that I dont much care when will arma 2 be relased. What I care about is when will arma 2 be patched up so is playable, just like the arma 1.09.

It is called a sarcasm. The meaning behind is: "I hope arma 2 will be relased playable and we will not have to wait 15 months for patches.

"When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?"

What does ArmA 2 have to do with the 1.09 version?

ok, maybe this was too difficult...

what I meant is that I dont much care when will arma 2 be relased. What I care about is when will arma 2 be patched up so is playable, just like the arma 1.09.

It is called a sarcasm. The meaning behind is: "I hope arma 2 will be relased playable and we will not have to wait 15 months for patches.

They've been working on it since long before arma was even thought of, so it should be pretty tight when they release it.

It's DONE!

if you would want to hear the interview on the radio, keep the following date & time free in your agenda!

yay.gif

I`ll tune in for sure.

Thank`s for that event. notworthy.gif

ooh excellent, thanks for your hard work jerry!

It's DONE!

yay.gif

Wow! 2 hours of program???  biggrin_o.gif Great, Jerry!

Damn, I won't be able to hear the interview at Sunday! Dammit!! crazy_o.gif  pistols.gif

But good to know, that the whole thing will be avaiable later.

Greets, good work!! Thanks!

They've been working on it since long before arma was even thought of, so it should be pretty tight when they release it.

oh, i did it know! well, in that case my next question to Suma would be:

"how much of the original OFP and ARMA code is going to be used in ARMA2? Or maybe this is going to be COMPLETLY new development?"

If you don't want to wait 15 months for patches then wait 15 months to buy the game and imagine that the game just came out. Seems like a simple solution to the "waiting for patches" dilemma.

--Ben

I don't really get why the next patch is taboo. I mean the last patch is a beta, and haven't done much to clear the game out of bugs. For me and for a lot of other ppl playing this and trying to enjoy, 1.09 is still not enough, and there are numerous things to be dealt with in the given thread, for it's next release. Besides it split the community, because most of the servers are still running the 1.08.

I just saw that ShackTac is running a 1.11 server, but i couldn't find any news related to that. The players should be kept informed.

So some kind of question i think is a must, and a more elaborated answer should be given, besides the "when it's done", because, for me at least, that implies some changes, and not only features like Voip that doesn't work, but fluent animation, game stability, proper recoils/ballistics.

Sorry if this is a little oftopic.

I don't really get why the next patch is taboo. I mean the last patch is a beta, and haven't done much to clear the game out of bugs. For me and for a lot of other ppl playing this and trying to enjoy, 1.09 is still not enough, and there are numerous things to be dealt with in the given thread, for it's next release. Besides it split the community, because most of the servers are still running the 1.08.

I just saw that ShackTac is running a 1.11 server, but i couldn't find any news related to that. The players should be kept informed.

So some kind of question i think is a must, and a more elaborated answer should be given, besides the "when it's done", because, for me at least, that implies some changes, and not only features like Voip that doesn't work, but fluent animation, game stability, proper recoils/ballistics.

Sorry if this is a little oftopic.

I dont know about you but 109 made arma a new game for me.  Solved all crashes... and fog bugs... Remember arma will not be splitt after the finalized 109 patch.. I bet they call it patch 110..... Anyways I dont mind not knowing anything about 109 final or ArmA2 details or release dates.   Think how many other game developers get involved with the community like this..

Im intrested in maybe the new developments which they dont mind discussing without spoiling anything of arma2 and if he wants to talk about arma patches then thats up to him.

I think a little pillow talk about personal life and then maybe a few teasers about ArmA2 will be the outcome of this.

There is a reason why no release dates are given, and most of you should know the reason.

If BIS would name a certain date (and even if it's just a certain week) and for whatever reason the release gets delayed we have here dozens of people complaining, swearing and/or insulting the developers.

But i wasn't saying anything about any release dates. That is my last concern. But in a few months would be ok (even i have read a post on bistudio about patch 1.09 saying something alike, but that was delayed with another 2 months rather than weeks). Besides BIS is/was well known for having a tight relation with the community, thus creating such an mod-able game (or the other way around).

It's not a new game for me because: i am using a dx9 card (x1950xtx so i didn't have the fog bug), i did not have any crashes whatsoever with this game since i have changed one of my faulty ram sticks, and me and the clan that i'm part are using TS - no real need for voip and using server side addons to improve the AI. But what i hate about 1.09 is the mgs recoils and 50cals - just to arcadish, the tree lods -yes, smoother gameplay but uglier graphics, and the fact that there is no linux server for it.

What i am saying here is to have some sort of uploaded developer's blog and have some info about what is going on. i just hope BIS did take a look at the Feedback Thread and listened to the players.

sry for the second of-topic. this is the last one

pufuget back on topic please. this thread isn't to air your beefs about 1.09 but to offer suggestions about an upcoming interview.

Also there is a developers blog @ www.bistudio.com

My questions are :

When can be 1.09 done ?

Will Arma 2 have better NMaping shading or other light effects ?

Have u got some official plans to Arma 1 like more new vehicles etc?

When can be Arma 2 Trailer ??

That's all and one thing can u somebody record that interview , because i will be offline that time  confused_o.gif