Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Interview with Ondrej Spanel ( Suma )

Is there a chance that there will be AUTHENTIC units (soldiers, armor, vehicles, planes etc.) for Blufor and Opfor in ArmA 2 ?

Thanks.

Here is one.

In Arma 2, is the Dynamic Campaign still going to be implamented?

I would like to ask "Did ArmA satisfied you as much as than OFP did?"

It's seems to me that you're in a bit of a complicated position, Jerry. On the one hand, you don't want to alienate your interviewees by asking them snarky questions, thereby reducing the likelihood of a repeat performance. Interviews like this will likely be very good for your listener-ship. On the other hand, you want to ask questions to satisfy as many listeners as possible- including the snarky ones. I have heard a few of your interviews before and I have all the confidence in the world that you'll tread that fine line with the grace of a tightrope walker. I'm looking forward to this interview!

edit: Oh, and here's a question:

"What does Suma mean?"

Quote[/b] ]1) Does he think it is acceptable that the last patch was about 7 months ago?

2) Do they expect us to buy Arma 2 when Arma 1 is crippled by hackers and still not fixed yet?

Quote[/b] ]I would like to ask "Did ArmA satisfied you as much as than OFP did?"
Quote[/b] ]When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?

These probably won't be asked because they aren't really good questions. They either have a general negative tone or no "correct" answer. I mean, can you honestly not expect an awkward moment if Jerry asks whether Suma enjoyed OFP more than Arma?

Anyways, I'd like to know if there are any plans for an open beta for Arma II.

I would expect Suma to tow the company line no matter what his actual opinion was. I guess in that, I would expect the opposite of an awkward moment. I'm sure he'd say the same thing as I would if I was in his position.

"OFP was a great game when it came out. It was our first big venture into the international games market, and I think its sales spoke for themselves. It was a very exciting time and a high achievement. ArmA is a much improved version of that same game, and being able to build on OFP's excellence with cutting edge technologies and new hardware capabilities has been absolutely thrilling. Although not perfect, I think ArmA is much improved in a number of ways and I cannot stress enough how proud I am of it- but, I can tell you, if you liked OFP and ArmA, wait until you see ArmA 2. It is mind blowing".

...or some such thing. It hits all the usual marks:

Past achievement: Good.

Present achievement: Incrimentally good.

Future achievement: So good you'll wet your pants, so warm up your wallets.

Questions like that give company representatives very little choice in how they answer. Less provocative questions are likely to get more candid responses.

my question:

Ondrej Spanel, Do you think, that Arma2 will be in competition with OFP2 made by Codemaster? if yes, are you a little bit afraid? if not, why?

ew, the java thingo crashed my browser.

how many other programmers at BIS?

how many coffees in an average day?

non-computer related interests?

and of course any info about arma 2 would be welcome.

ew, the java thingo crashed my browser.

You can send your prerecorded question in mp3 format to hopper.jerry@gmail.com

yay.gif

... and that counts for everybody who is somehow having problems with the recorder.

Quote[/b] ]1) Does he think it is acceptable that the last patch was about 7 months ago?

2) Do they expect us to buy Arma 2 when Arma 1 is crippled by hackers and still not fixed yet?

Quote[/b] ]I would like to ask "Did ArmA satisfied you as much as than OFP did?"
Quote[/b] ]When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?

These probably won't be asked because they aren't really good questions. They either have a general negative tone or no "correct" answer. I mean, can you honestly not expect an awkward moment if Jerry asks whether Suma enjoyed OFP more than Arma?

Anyways, I'd like to know if there are any plans for an open beta for Arma II.

These probably wont be asked but should be, the community deserve some answers.

....snip

And you'd get one... eg "when it's ready".

You have to be kidding right? THESE should be asked because we deserve SOME answers?

There are loads of good, interesting questions which could be asked but you want the typical spoiled unsatisfied ones to be answered with the typical answers like plaintiff1 allready showed an example off

It's better to just record and send your questions than ask them here, the whole point of the upcoming broadcast is that we ask the questions ourselves so that Jerry doesn't have to read them.

I got my question(s) in! smile_o.gif Hope ALL of them are answered wink_o.gif

jk..

but no really, it would be nice!

edit: I just realized my signature, the Spanel Bro's said that! I wish I could hear Suma talk more about this "junk".

You have to be kidding right? THESE should be asked because we deserve SOME answers?

There are loads of good, interesting questions which could be asked but you want the typical spoiled unsatisfied ones to be answered with the typical answers like plaintiff1 allready showed an example off

Ask whatever you want, we have our question and I dont care what you think about that. smile_o.gif

And not, I am not kidding, same as people who asked. smile_o.gif

Edit: but youre also right with other questions which are interesting and I want to hear the answers for them too, so dont think its flame from me. inlove.gif

Edit 2: jerry, very good and interesting interview with Chammy. wink_o.gif

It's better to just record and send your questions than ask them here, the whole point of the upcoming broadcast is that we ask the questions ourselves so that Jerry doesn't have to read them.

You hit it right on the spot celery!!

Oh! -> dont forget, today is the First Sahrani Radio Interview on air, with Chammy - from Chammy's sound mod.

HOw exactly does one go about downloading from ArmedAssault.eu? Clicking the link "Download Goodmorning sahrani with Chammy" proceeds to an error "You are not authorised to view this resource.

You need to login."

?

Edit: Oh? You have to create an account to download the mp3's...

I would expect Suma to tow the company line no matter what his actual opinion was.  I guess in that, I would expect the opposite of an awkward moment.  I'm sure he'd say the same thing as I would if I was in his position.

"OFP was a great game when it came out.  It was our first big venture into the international games market, and I think its sales spoke for themselves.  It was a very exciting time and a high achievement.  ArmA is a much improved version of that same game, and being able to build on OFP's excellence with cutting edge technologies and new hardware capabilities has been absolutely thrilling.  Although not perfect, I think ArmA is much improved in a number of ways and I cannot stress enough how proud I am of it- but, I can tell you, if you liked OFP and ArmA, wait until you see ArmA 2.  It is mind blowing".

...or some such thing.  It hits all the usual marks:

Past achievement:  Good.

Present achievement:  Incrimentally good.

Future achievement:  So good you'll wet your pants, so warm up your wallets.

Questions like that give company representatives very little choice in how they answer.  

Wow, a smart aleck has noticed the misleading of people by telling marketing-blah-blah.

Hard to believe (for you?) but there is still another option: someone could tell the real facts instead of spoof the masses.

yep..old one is ok but with www.armedassault.eu i get;

Server Default page

If you see this page it means:

1. hosting for this domain is not configured

or 2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk

What you can do:

Using Plesk, you can create domains with web hosting on a single physical server.

SWSOFT Plesk...........

DNS/Forwarding Error perhaps???

hi crawler.

www.armedassault.eu resolves to 82.98.78.46

All things should be ok. i have several signups each day.

could you ping www.armedassault.eu for me, and reply me with the ip adress? thanks.

Eventually, you could try http://migrate.armedassault.eu/recorder/

which should definatly work.

No luck with the IP you've given.

Pinging the www.armedassault.eu successfully resolves to a different IP...88.84.133.7.

The Java plugin site you've provided in the message works OK tho.

Great idea with this questions. I hope only, Suma will answer the questions like "When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?" becouse it's very important for us, the gamers, which had paid for this game and will buy in the future ArmA II smile_o.gif

A question to jerryhopper:

When does this interview come? I mean not the day, but the time. whistle.gif

No luck with the IP you've given.

Pinging the www.armedassault.eu successfully resolves to a different IP...88.84.133.7.

The Java plugin site you've provided in the message works OK tho.

that 1337 IP is our old adress, its weird since the dns does not has this old IP in any record.

if the 'recorder' adress works, you can just use that, and remove the 'recorder' part.

then it would be : http://migrate.armedassault.eu/

im quite surprised that somehow you still resolve the old ip adress. ( executing a "ipconfig /flushdns" might help.

if that doesnt work, your provider does dns-caching which is out of my control.)

@Jacobss

The Airing will probably be on sunday 20:00 GMT +1

After airing, the interview will be available as podcast for download the next day (monday)

TO ALL

i have 7 different persons that submitted their audible questions. i think the community could do better than this!

"When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?"

What does ArmA 2 have to do with the 1.09 version?

"When will Arma 2 be relased in 1.09 version?"

What does ArmA 2 have to do with the 1.09 version?

I was confused by that too. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not so I held my peace :|