Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

Have an eye on cwc campaign, missions and scripts too. Could be some little improvements/changes done. Viewdistance in OFP(CWC) wasn't always more than 1000-2000m. wink_o.gif

Thanks for that hint, [ASA]ODEN, but I tried using muzzles already. We'll leave the bug as it was in OFP. confused_o.gifhuh.gif

why not just set it up so that heat is the first ammo loaded that way the ai will fire only heat until it runs out and moves on to the apfsds magazine

Thank you so much, this really brings the OFP feeling back! biggrin_o.gif

Well CWR Team finally i found some time to completly test the CWR Mod.

My first impression is just greate.

The old OFP islands are looking really good in ArmA and you keep everything like it was.

Every tree on ArmA Malden is where it was in OFP Malden every House every bush its all on the right place.

I just convertet some of my OFP Malden missions ( Which all include Group Link 2) to ArmA and the funny thing is now in ArmA there are happening exctly the same things like back in the good old OFP times. Only different everything looks far better! biggrin_o.gif thats just cool.

I never had any CTD only bad thing i note is, that Malden is a bit laggy ( 23 - 30 ) FPS.

Is it becouse of the many objects on Malden or are there some bugs or things which need to be improved?

Units are looking very cool too. thumbs-up.gif

I felt back in love with ArmA since i was back on CWR Malden the first time. inlove.gif

So only thing left to say: KEEP UP THE GREATE WORK and good luck with the Project.

I never had any CTD only bad thing i note is, that Malden is a bit laggy ( 23 - 30 ) FPS.

Is it becouse of the many objects on Malden or are there some bugs or things which need to be improved?

I've noticed that when looking at forests. I have similar kind map but alot more forested, it is terrible to performace as it needs to draw alot bushes to long distance tounge2.gif (ArmA hasn't handled bushes very well from the begining. They were and yet are major lag-makers)

Atleast my rig runs Malden smoothly, but when looking at forest (major lag).

Lowplants helps with that. But I'm not sure if it works on the grass, which lags it down a bit.

Lowplants helps with that. But I'm not sure if it works on the grass, which lags it down a bit.

I think lowplants works (at least) with some of the trees & bushes, but not with the grass (same like porto grass).

So Malden is some kind of fps-killer for me at standart settings (viewdistance, weather, ...), too. confused_o.gif

And is there any chance to "unlock" the rest of the ArmA vehicles (Mi17,KA50,MH6,...) in a further release? It's a real limitation in the editor.

(Sorry for any "doubleposting", didn't read through all pages)

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

You can use them in CWR smile_o.gif

I's pretty simple start ArmA without CWR and create a mission on Rahmadi for example, there you have to put all ArmA vehicles, Choppers, units and so on what you need and save the mission.

Now start ArmA with CWR load the mission and copy and past the vehicles from Rahmadi to Malden.

Thats it.

Thx SNKMAN,

but wouldn't it be more easy to handle with this units/vehicles available in the editor? (I know that this won't work with the "standart" units)

I'm also a bit confused about the weapon-/ammo-classnames. Isn't this link directing to the OFP-classnames?

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Yes for sure it would be much better but so far it's okay for me.

Well i always use: OFP Weapon Classes for the original OFP Weapon classes.

Be warned!

AK74 Grenade Launcher class in CWR is "AK74GrenadeLauncher" the original OFP one but the AK74 Grenade Launcher Muzzle is "GP25Muzzle" ( ArmA ) may there are some more classes which was not overtaken so far.

Hello there:

Are the following all I need to be up to date for this mod and in what order?

CWR_v0.36_demo.zip

cwr_hotfix1.zip

CWR_Addons_v80

I try the CWR mod, and it looks great, nice texture and big Island, did u plan in future to relase stand alone islands?

I really like the idea of stand alone Island for use with arma interface vehicles and units.

thank you for this great stuff!

I don't 'think' we will release the islands as standalone because you would still require the accompanying roads, clutter, buildings, signs.

That said you could easily delete the units, vehicles to slim down the mod a bit.

We will look at what options are open to us once we have completed the next phase.

I try the CWR mod, and it looks great, nice texture and big Island, did u plan in future to relase stand alone islands?

I really like the idea of stand alone Island for use with arma interface vehicles and units.

you can use Malden Island separately if you divide the CWR mod into 2 mod folders , one for the Malden island itself , that would be these addons :

CWR_ abel, buildings, islands , misc, plants, roads, signs, water and data3d.pbo

(it will give a warning message on start but it will be playable without any problem)

and the other submod for the rest of cwr addons , that way you can play cwr mod or just normal arma with Malden island . you just have to make two differents shorcuts activating one or the two modfolders, that's how i have it smile_o.gif

you can use Malden Island separately if you divide the CWR mod into 2 mod folders , one for the Malden island itself , that would be these addons :

CWR_ abel, buildings, islands , misc, plants, roads, signs, water and data3d.pbo

(it will give a warning message on start  but it will be playable without any problem)

and the other submod for the rest of cwr addons , that way you can play cwr mod or just normal arma with Malden island . you just have to make two differents shorcuts activating one or the two modfolders, that's how i have it  smile_o.gif

@Hoz

thank you for answer,

@william1

thank you too smile_o.gif I will try, I really like the island and I plan some mission using arma stuff and GUI, instead the CWR one.

@All

I hope in future that all addon are made to work as stand alone, like units and vehicles so we can use what we like, when we do something with arma.

This is not CWR related this is my idea for all addon, sometime I like a vehicle or some other stuff from big packages, and if I can use the addon as stand alone without config problem this sound good in any situation.

thank you for making arma better smile_o.gif

Hi all,

I've installed the v0.40 of the CWR mod and when I run it I get a message saying that Cold War Rearmed is required or something similar.  I'm pretty sure I've got the taregt set correctly.  Also I've noticed that only the Winter map is available within the editor and Malden does not seem to be there.  Any Ideas or suggestions?

EDIT Is the original Cold War release for OFP required to use this mod?

Are there issues with this and 1.12? I just tried it and crashed in the first mission (GPF).

Also, any news on more than just the demo? biggrin_o.gif

Hi guys,

I seem to be having trouble getting this running.

My target line in 'Launch ArmA Beta Patch' is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;CWR -world=abel -nosplash

Here's what my ArmA directory looks like:

ArmA Directory

And here's the error message when I run 'cwr_on_ArmA_betapatch":

Error message

Any ideas? And this is on the 1.09.5028 beta patch.

Thanks,

Hauk

played a few missions with my friend today. we used the instant view distance addon which enhanced our performance, we were able to turn off the grass on CWR Malden and got a very large FPS boost.

Ouh yeah, I'm really excited about this, hope the final version will be released soon. In 0.36, what single missions it contains from original OFP?

Ouh yeah, I'm really excited about this, hope the final version will be released soon. In 0.36, what single missions it contains from original OFP?

Check armaholic.com. William1 and a few others have converted a ton of OFP missions to CWR

How often we have said now that you shall not dig up threads just asking for news or updates? There's even forum rule for that.

Quote[/b] ]§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

Funny that you were able to locate that old thread but couldn't find the active thread in A&M:D.  icon_rolleyes.gif