Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Thanks for all the feedback guys, you're so good at feedback... tell me, what do you think of this so far?

ExampleIMWmodR.jpg

Looking good??? well... thanks!!

well, I'm completely remaking the sound mods sig/release banner

Ohhhhh... and before i get, the cover for Iraqi Modern Warfare, this is the cover for when it release's... its not completely done yet though,

evennewsig.jpg

Here is are complete TASK list as of now,

Complete Military Vehicle sounds --- 50% --- Chammy Only military vehicles will be replaced in this version

Vehicle sound config ----------------- 80% --- Durg78 Add Vehicle Sounds to config

Sound Volumes ---------------------- 75% --- Durg78 Adjust sound volumes in config

Fix weapon sounds ------------------ 10% --- Chammy M4, M240 Coax(m1a1), G36 Family.... and more ...

Add more weapon sounds ----------- 45% --- Chammy Artillery shell whizing by you're head, tank rounds whizing by, More....

Create a BattleField ------------------ 30% --- EvenLease Creat a mission for public that would present the mod

Regression tests ---------------------- 0% ---- Chammy/Durg78/Even Test mod to make sure of no bugs

Release 1.0 -------------------------- 41% --- Chammy/Durg78/Even Vehicle/Character/Weapon sounds - Section 6-14

FX studio ------------------------------- 0% --- Durg78/EvenLease Grenade Effects/Artillary Effects/Explosion FX

Release 2.0 -------------------------- 14% --- Chammy/Durg78/Even Total Conversion Mod - Section 22 - 30

Complete new template --------------- 3% --- EvenLease Complete new menu/background/music

Complete Weapon Sounds ---------- 20% --- Chammy/Durg78 Complete all weapons for the mod - No further editing required.

Complete Vehicle Sounds ------------ 15% --- Chammy/Durg78 Complete all vehicles for the mod - No further editing required.

Complete BattleField ----------------- 30% --- EvenLease Complete public mission that mod will present

Complete FX Studio ------------------- 0% --- Durg78/EvenLease Complete Effects

would be nice to have this updated in the 1st post

Keep up the good work

smile_o.gif

Yeah I agree with Bravo. All the important stuff should be posted in the first post.

And yeah the WGL MOD do actually have the slogan "When Realism Matters" ..

So I made a banner/poster for you guys. Just a suggestion from me, but with an another slogan... tounge2.gif

Silver'ish

chamm2ga8.th.jpg

With Colors:

cham3agx1.th.jpg

@Evenlease: For your Iraq modern warfare pic make the text contrast a bit more smile_o.gif Either add some sort of glow or something similar or change the text colour so it isnt the same as its backdrop, otherwise looks great!

Just tried this and i realy must say, that i found the sounds "weak". No real "punch" to them.

What i did like, was the sounds, when you heard them in a distance.

Il think i stick to FDF.

Do not understand the fuss either. AK-sounds what the...  huh.gif Sounds like an airsoft gun.

The reloading sound of a grenade launcher is way too long compared to the animation sequence. There is no sound for grenade safety pin going off as you throw.

One thing that is also missing (in ArmA sound mods generally too) is the MG reloading sound as you pull the belt to it's place. It is not just a box or magazine. There is a belt inside.

I'll stick to ModWarSound untill an update becomes available.

alright, I moved the task list that i posted the page back onto the main page.

*Remember this is still a beta.

*I Changed the mod slogan

Give weapon sounds some balls. A real rifle makes your ears ring after firing for some time if you leave your hearing unprotected.

I hope they dint trademark it crazy_o.gif He might be forced to change it to something like "All realism All the time" or "When nothing but realism is acceptable" or "As real as it gets"  BTW feel free to use any of these quotes as they are not in any way affiliated with the WGL or OFP.  nener.gif

Wow Dejavu! whistle.gif Thought this issue had already been addressed nener.gif Sup Even, as you know I got the mod to work. Been playing so much havn't had time to post confused_o.gif Hope all is well with you and the team! I went into the editor and set 8 inf squads and 4 armoured squads to attack the main base on the air strip at dusk the results were spectacular! inlove.gif I also use the ArMaEffects mod and It adds to the atmosphere when the nades look like they are supposed to.Arma has never been so much fun! So another big thank you to you and the team.BTW GGs on the server the other day. And thanks for inquiring about the issues I had. Chammy, Evenlease,Durg78 you guys rock yay.gif keep up the good work!

On a personal note I like Chammys Sound Mod "As Real As It Gets" just my 2 cents or Chammys Sound Mod "Keepin It Real" Have a great day guys hope to see ya in game. pistols.gif

Just tried this and i realy must say, that i found the sounds "weak". No real "punch" to them.

What i did like, was the sounds, when you heard them in a distance.

Il think i stick to FDF.

Well, of course you  'll find that, but there are a few ways around that...turn your volume up or adjust your speakers and sound settings.  Though I didnt raise the volumes up that much just yet, they still need to be raised, its still in its trial and error run hense, Beta , so they arent going to be finnished needless to say, I'm still working on aircraft and vehicles, and then some, correcting loop lengths and volumes accordingly. Its a tedious task specially when all sounds are from scratch and not from another game nor CD.

<!--QuoteBegin--Give weapon sounds some balls. A real rifle makes your ears ring after firing for some time if you leave your hearing unprotected.

Remmeber+you are used to hearing FDF's style, its not always like that. I can add bass and such, it just has to be added just so. Its all in style though, if you're happy with FDF go for it dude.

Quote[/b] (Give weapon sounds some balls. A real rifle makes your ears ring after firing for some time if you leave your hearing unprotected.

Remmeber @ you are used to hearing FDF's style' date=' its not always like that. I can add bass and such, it just has to be added just so. Its all in style though, if you're happy with FDF go for it dude.

[quote=Törni)</td></tr><tr><td id=QUOTE">Do not understand the fuss either. AK-sounds what the...   Sounds like an airsoft gun.

The reloading sound of a grenade launcher is way too long compared to the animation sequence. There is no sound for grenade safety pin going off as you throw.

One thing that is also missing (in ArmA sound mods generally too) is the MG reloading sound as you pull the belt to it's place. It is not just a box or magazine. There is a belt inside.[/quote]

Remeber, if you are used to hearing movie AK's and most AK's in other games , its not like that in real life setting, remmeber, it depends on the enviourment, the surroundings, and time of day, (too detailed) . I am trying to produce something in between punchyness and loud. really , stand about a good 10 behind a shooter with an AK and you'll see what I mean, not to mention exhilarating.

The reloads will be taken care of,those samples are ready to go and be implemented in. Durq is in that department and he has it handled quite well.

The grenade launcher quirk is solved in the stand alone, though, there are few rifles that still use the AT reload for the M203 load in the stand alone, eventually will be corrected.

Dont let these people get u down chammy, a hell of a lot of people think that this totally rocks. Myself included. Keep it up mate!

Dont let these people get u down chammy, a hell of a lot of people think that this totally rocks. Myself included. Keep it up mate!

I agree, keep up the good work!

BTW, the task list leading up to version 1.0, does it include the 3 different soundpacks mentioned by chammy? Think it was hollywood style , no echo and chammy default sounds.

I agree, keep up the good work!

BTW, the task list leading up to version 1.0, does it include the 3 different soundpacks mentioned by chammy? Think it was hollywood style , no echo and chammy default sounds.

The tasks leading up to V1.0 will not include any hollywood style or urban style sounds. At this time, the plan is to begin work on those sometime after the 1.0 release.

Chammy (and the others working on it):

I don't post on this forums normally, guess i'm just one of all that read/download/don't comment-guys out there. But yeah, this soundmod rocks. So keep up the good work!

Quote[/b] ]Remeber, if you are used to hearing movie AK's and most AK's in other games

Well the problem is that I have fired several AK-family rifles myself and damn me if it sounds like that!

Perhaps I expected too much at this stage since all the hype going on in here. Let's wait and see  smile_o.gif

EDIT: I'll try turning up the volume today.

As a final note. It is a totally different sound for the firer and the stander-by some tens of meters away. But AK has a distinct sound. Like a dry metallic bang coming from a box.

Quote[/b] ]Remeber, if you are used to hearing movie AK's and most AK's in other games

Well the problem is that I have fired several AK-family rifles myself and damn me if it sounds like that!

Perhaps I expected too much at this stage since all the hype going on in here. Let's wait and see smile_o.gif

As a final note. It is a totally different sound for the firer and the stander-by some tens of meters away. But AK has a distinct sound. Like a dry metallic bang coming from a box.

I´ve also done some shooting with AK47 and SVD and I must say those sounds need some pimping, otherwise GREAT work!

thumbs-up.gif

Perhaps I expected too much at this stage since all the hype going on in here. Let's wait and see smile_o.gif

törni have u tested the mod in a firefight. Thats where the mod really begans to show its potential. IMO u can't get anything out of the mod by just going in to editor and pop some rounds off smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]törni have u tested the mod in a firefight.

Not really - just tested various weapon sounds. But AK-family is still way off in first person perspective. Perhaps it is impossible to do a sound pack that would be "right" from the user perspective and as ambient combat sounds simultaneously?

Quote[/b] ]...have u tested the mod in a firefight. Thats where the mod really begans to show its potential

I agree.

I thought this mod was pretty darned cool. Sounds were amazing. I did a video employing more "cinematic'ish" video and some uncut video of a firefight. MaddMatt's ArmA Effects were also used, and wow, what a difference they make!

<span style='color:blue'>Units on the map during firefight(in different areas near Ortego):</span>

65 US Soldiers. 4 M1A1 Tanks. AH-1Z. A-10. 3 Harriers.

100 SLA Soldiers. 4 T-72's. 4 Shilkas.

It's a hefty length to due to three minutes of uncut video in the middle. 9 minutes, 35 seconds. It gives you some idea of what the mod is like in an actual firefight, while I still think the video doesn't capture the full "awesomeness" of the mod.

chammymaddmattpostaj5.gif

<span style='color:red'>Thumbnails for Video</span>

<span style='color:red'>Watch it on YouTube</span>

Mad props to Chammy, his Team & MaddMatt for creating two amazing mods!

Quote[/b] ]btw Chammy, your inbox is full so I can't send you a PM lol

pistols.gif

ArmAVidz

Nice vid, but do it on the SLA side and suddenly it does not sound half as good. Perhaps we should rename this as the definetive Blufor sound mod?  tounge2.gif

That's an incredible vid! 200+ characters in a firefight around Paraiso - your rig must own~ notworthy.gif

@Törni

Quote[/b] ]Nice vid, but do it on the SLA side and suddenly it does not sound half as good. Perhaps we should rename this as the definetive Blufor sound mod?  tounge2.gif

Doh. Thanks! All in time I guess? It's in Beta biggrin_o.gif

Stewy

Quote[/b] ]That's an incredible vid!  200+ characters in a firefight around Paraiso - your rig must own~

That's the omg'oodness of a Core2Duo/8800 GTS combo. I'm  notworthy.gif  myself to my rig  biggrin_o.gif