Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Looking good...the debris sound is a bit long imo.  Overall...excellent.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

i have another question:

<s>why</s>When im using chammy sounds in my shortcut and when i save my missions in editor the mission.sqf adds an addon to the list..

the addon added is this one "csmsound"

this means its "chammy sound mod", now i ask why is this added to the list of addons? huh.gif

ps- sorry for my ignorance. Ie,i also use Trueview and it not added to the list of addons.. get my point?

edit: typo (it was very late when i wrote it)

Take time for your family Chammy, much more important, And when it's running smooth(er) you'll have a boost, not a drain, as I'm sure you know all too well. Only the best wishes your way man. thumbs-up.gif

That said:

*F5,F5,F5*

notworthy.gif

Thanks Scrub for the root and support and from all of you in the community for your patience.

I want to apologize to some who have offered help with the mod and I hadnt gotten back to you in time or just that I had alot of emails and we've had it covered, yet you input is important in suggestions and stuff. I notced everyone's style or technique in sound editing and creation is much different than mine, not that I'm better or not that everyone else is enferior and such, its just I like things a certain way thats all, I'm pretty picky sometimes.

I'm not sure as for the added addons to the list and broken M203 is, i havnet experienced that problem yet, though, I know its being looked at though.

The light and heavy machine guns that I had stuck a video out for people to give me feedback on, I had taken note ones that people prefered but after reading all the feedback and listening to the fire fights , I chose to make some different ones to add to the power and loudness so that everything fits and sounds right.

Looking good...the debris sound is a bit long imo. Overall...excellent. smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Whcih debreis is that? The vehicles?

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but there's a bug with the M16A4_GL entry in the config. You've extended the M16A4_ACG_GL class instead of the M16A4_GL class, which means that the M16A4_GL grenade launcher has the old sounds, and the M16A4_ACG_GL has a broken grenade launcher.

It also conflicts with any other mod that tries to extend the M16A4_ACG_GL class.

This is true with me also, thought first it was a bug in evolution3.0 mission and not soundmod related, tested this in editor and now I confirm it too.

The M16A4 ACOG GL cannot be loaded with M203-grenades, the M16A4 GL works ok.

Great sounds, love em. Other than the aforementioned quietness compared to the rest of the world, they sound really good. I was curious though if I could bother you on how to put my own custom sounds in for ArmA, not replace any of your sounds or anything, just test them out to see how they sound in game. I looked around but couldn't find anything telling me how, maybe I'm just not looking right. I didn't want to ask you to put the sounds in game and then send a video showing how they sounds so I figured I'd just ask how.

On another note, I gained permission to use gunshot sounds recorded with high quality mics for a Counter Strike Source mod, which I extended to Predator, but he didn't seem to want them. These were the sounds I wished to try out, anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to merge them with your existing sounds, so there was the echo from the shot being in a large open area, but still have the sounds you'd hear being the guy behind the stock. Here's the link: http://halflife2.filefront.com/file....s;74302

It has many of the weapons in ArmA. Just thought I'd extend the invitation to you. The owner of the sounds gave me full permission to use/let use the sounds in whatever I felt like.

Thanks for readin' the spiel. thumbs-up.gif Two thumbs up for your work.

i have another question:

why im using chammy sounds in my shortcut and when i save my missions in editor the mission.sqf adds an addon to the list..

this means its "chammy sound mod", now i ask why is this added to the list of addons? huh.gif

ps- sorry for my ignorance. Ie,i also use Trueview and it not added to the list of addons.. get my point?

What he said, this mod also gives me the "Downloaded content that has been deleted: csmsound" in all multiplayer matches... will the next version fix this?

i have another question:

<s>why</s> When im using chammy sounds in my shortcut and when i save my missions in editor the mission.sqf adds an addon to the list..

What he said, this mod also gives me the "Downloaded content that has been deleted: csmsound" in all multiplayer matches... will the next version fix this?

yes i also have that message while people pick MP missions without addons on a server without addons, i forgot to mention that.

This is also terrible for mission makers, because when we built the missions running the chammy sounds and save the mission, creats a new addon in the mission.sqf addon list, please fix this. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Whcih debreis is that? The vehicles?

Sorry about that Chammy, just looked at DM's debris beta and he put a sound of falling debris in his mod.  That's what I just read in his readme.  My bad.  whistle.gif

GD Mast

Quote[/b] ]Whcih debreis is that? The vehicles?

Sorry about that Chammy, just looked at DM's debris beta and he put a sound of falling debris in his mod.  That's what I just read in his readme.  My bad.  whistle.gif

GD Mast

cough cough hint much cough?

the sounds are really good. The only crits I have are some of the gun sounds, like the .50 cal could use some more bass, as well as some of the rifle sounds (m16/m4/ak come to mind, atm they sound too quiet).

Also are the ricochet sounds for the heavy guns missing? I shot at the ground with the .50 cal and the chain gun on the ah1 and didnt hear anything.

Other than that, really brings the game alive.

I hope they change the sounds of soldiers being hit and screams, some of them scream like a cow x_X I REALLY hope they release the video demo of the next version tomorrow (Sunday) WINK WINK!!! LOL

Edit: O, and another thing. PLZ PLZ PLZ CHange the WWI Plane in the game, its engine is so loud I can't hear squat, can't even hear the Machine gun bullets that I fire from it. I dunno if it would be that loud in real life, but I think you should be atleast be able to hear its bullets being fired when your right behind it.

chammy any update or info for the problem i mentioned above?

I hope they change the sounds of soldiers being hit and screams...

Disagree.

IMO these sounds are impressive.

Edit: If it is doable and i could wish something i would say i want more various hit-screaming-sounds.

I hope they change the sounds of soldiers being hit and screams...

Disagree.

IMO these sounds are impressive.

Edit: If it is doable and i could wish something i would say i want more various hit-screaming-sounds.

If you got shot and wounded by a bullet, you would know what kinda sounds would come out of a person, infact I'd like to see them add curse words also for extra realism biggrin_o.gif

I know that you continue fighting as if you didn't even get shot that can't be helped but sometimes I don't even know a friend beside me is wounded unless I see it or he tells me on TS or something (or the sometimes 1. injured sound you get, which doesn't even sound like he's hurt lol) http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LxP5QW8BLw8 at about 3:25 you hear it, I think Chammy could work up some really great sounds.

I think Chammy could work up some really great sounds.

Yup, I sure can,

The thing about that heli start up...its too loud but its a nice feature though I tells ya.

These were the sounds I wished to try out, anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to merge them with your existing sounds, so there was the echo from the shot being in a large open area, but still have the sounds you'd hear being the guy behind the stock. Here's the link: <a href="http://halflife2.filefront.com/file....s;74302
</a>

I heard those earlier from Pred when he showed them to me, really, they are very nice, loud and boomy, but notice how synthetic the echo is, its been made by an effects processor, its nice though, those sounds are recorded in a padded room with blanks, but still its nothign you'd hear out on the battlefield, maybe in an enclosed area for sure though.

Yeah I noticed the odd echo sound when I listened to it really closely, that's why I was wondering if they could be merged with other sounds. Individually adjusted for volume and then put together with the loud shot part playing over the first and then the echo playing underneath it so that you hear the big boom and then the echo. Cause I know when I'm shooting the M4 it's loud as hell, and then a light echo comes, it's not all the same volume at all. And when my dad's shooting the 6.5 with a muzzle break (Pretty much what the 308 sounds like without a muzzle break) it's a REALLY big boom and then the echo, I know it says you haven't got to work on the sound adjusting yet. It's just that I'm impressed with the echo part, that sounds nice, but the initial shot is so quiet compared to what it is when I shoot.

And that's with earplugs. I don't even want to know what it's like without ear protection. My right ear still sounds funny from being around an M4 without the earplugs.

Also, I'm trying to get ahold of the rights to use sounds from the Insurgency mod for Half Life 2, since that takes place in Irag and such, where the towns are much like some of the ones in ArmA, they have wonderful RPG7, RPK, M9, SAW (With belt sounds) and Makarov sounds. And one M4 sound set that doesn't have the odd echo of the first from the CSS mod. What's nice about the Insurgency mod is that it also has mag entry, mag release, bolt back, bolt release, slides for pistols, all the reload sounds for the RPG and M203, the fire mode selector, all the noises for the SAW; Belt in, belt out, bolt back/forward, empty, and opening the top. The belt noises include the noise of the brass.

Regards, Tracy

yeah, its gonna be alot better.. i'm talking to chammy about releasing a "Progress/New features" video... so you know we are working on it.

is that Progress video gonna come out soon ^_^

well...

The progress video should be within the next 2 weeks maybe.

But, i'm not to sure at the moment cause chammy is still working on all the sounds.

well...

But, i'm not to sure at the moment cause chammy is still working on all the sounds.

ahh ok then thx.

btw chammy, how long does it take to make 1 sound for a weapon (not insulting or trying to rush) seems like its very hard work and could take like a week or something just to get the right sound and edit it to be better.

Hi everyone!,

Hate to brag, but I was the first one to point out the non-functioning M-203 on the M-16 ACOG on July 15. tounge2.gif

I love this mod so much I can't believe it's soon to be even better!

As for the AK, I had mine out at the range the other day. Just as a test I fired the first few rounds without hearing protection. Yes, it sounds like a bloody cannon!!!!

Also, someone was asking about the UAZ sound? Here's an EXCELLENT video taken inside a UAZ traveling around. The video previously mentioned is a UAZ without a muffler. This one is in stock condition.I highly recommend the DEVs have a listen. It sounds like a whole different vehicle in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bQXix02Ork

Thanks again to the Dev team for this awesome mod! notworthy.gif

Cheers,

a300mech

well...

ahh ok then thx.

btw chammy, how long does it take to make 1 sound for a weapon (not insulting or trying to rush) seems like its very hard work and could take like a week or something just to get the right sound and edit it to be better.

Well, considering my busy schedual, and now as of yesturday, I strained my back working, now I'm out of commision for a bit.

The sound sample making is a bit techinical. I have to find good and at least best quality video to take this from. Then, from what I remmeber from firing weapons, and being around certain ones on the range during proving sessions I match them up to what I make. It takes a little bit of work cause I have to listen and mix, listen and mix, and sometimes what the end result isnt what I want , I just toss it. And alot of times I have to get other sounds to mix them together to get a more full sound. But remmeber, I only get about 2 or sometimes 3 hours to work on this, or even just 1 hour a day.

Yes, the AK does sound loud but could sound like a cannon when you are in a wooded area or an enclosed shooting range. If you listen to one outside and it is day time, no hills or very little no trees and other reflective syrfaces, its sounds like a big crack.

well...

w00t. My rig's solid, and awaiting more video work. I've got two more Raptors on the way, then my rig will be complete! (aka I'm broke now haha). When the next version is ready, I'll set some time aside for sure. I call that time "Starbuck's Induced Creativity!" heh

Quote[/b] ]

The sound sample making is a bit techinical. I have to find good and at least best quality video to take this from. Then, from what I remmeber from firing weapons, and being around certain ones on the range during proving sessions I match them up to what I make. It takes a little bit of work cause I have to listen and mix, listen and mix, and sometimes what the end result isnt what I want , I just toss it.

That sounds like an artists personality. I'm an artist by nature and I can relate to this type of behavior!   pistols.gif