Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Progress Update

-We are trying to make a explosion sound for each and every vehicle, so each vehicle will have its own, boom.

-We are currently talking about and moving in on the idea of changing all environment sounds, death, hit, and more, sounds.

-This mod will be bringing the sound of realism straight off the front lines to you're keyboard and mouse...

Full list of changes will be released later on this coming week..

Progress Update

-We are trying to make a explosion sound for each and every vehicle, so each vehicle will have its own, boom.

-We are currently talking about and moving in on the idea of changing all environment sounds, death, hit, and more, sounds.

-This mod will be bringing the sound of realism straight off the front lines to you're keyboard and mouse...

looks interesting! inlove.gif

i have 1 question: Will it lag?! confused_o.gif

Progress Update

looks interesting!  inlove.gif

i have 1 question: Will it lag?!  confused_o.gif

No... it shouldn't, its a simple sound played once and then the sound is over.. shouldn't lag..

all you're doing is changed the sounds on ur game, client side... the only way it will lag, is if ure computer is way under the required systems stats..

man i cant wait for this mod inlove.gif

Good Job! and good inspirations for the rest of the work! notworthy.gif

Heres a little video i made, but its not in game of arma, its in real person using a couple of chammys sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFa6h64O8ZM

hahaha... wow.. ok.. i have no life...

ITS REALLY DARK IN SOME AREAS I KNOW!!!

Together with the dialogue you're using and the sounds mixed in, it's rather convincing that it might be a firefight.

Just goes to show the caliber of the sounds imo. I rather liked it.

pistols.gif

Whats the missing addon error all about that i get, very annoying, any fix?

All of the sounds are extremely quite. The ambient sounds (chirps, etc) are all loud as they normally are. But the gunfire is very low. It also seems to jumble a lot of voice over audio. I can hear snippets of static here and there, where voices are trying to call out ("soldier at 1 o clock", and things like that).

This is with your latest version, the config fix, and using ArmA 1.08.5163.

Any ideas?

All of the sounds are extremely quite. The ambient sounds (chirps, etc) are all loud as they normally are. But the gunfire is very low. It also seems to jumble a lot of voice over audio. I can hear snippets of static here and there, where voices are trying to call out ("soldier at 1 o clock", and things like that).

This is with your latest version, the config fix, and using ArmA 1.08.5163.

Any ideas?

That seems to be common lately , even with other sound mods. I am currently looking into it now as it may be something that lies in the wav itself because soem are 44100 and some are 22010 so it could be the problem. BUT, if you have your EAX activated or forced audio software there could be the problem, Some of the audio software you have may not work correctly with ArmA itself. I havent the problem yet. You may want to try and disable enhanced audio. Now the error messeges, I'm not sure but if you send the system spec, you dont have to go to detail, but, maybe someplace alongthe upload or download the file may have gotten corruppted. Durg is working on that. In the next release I will also provide a download mirror as well.

Just to let all know we are still working on the next release and promise it to be better than the first, as the first was a test run. I am working on newr sounds to implement in events you never heard sound for and again thanks to Durg for that as well. This process is slow I apologize as my scheduale really hinders my ability to focus for hours on the project but slowly but surely it is getting done. In the meantime, I heard there were 2 more sound mods? And FDF released another version of theirs? That may be something to try out for you guys untill this is done, who knows you may like it better than mine but in any case, just to let yall know I havent forgotten any requests and feedback, I am working on it still heh. Till then I will report back later.

thanks all

@To the Chammy Sound Team: There's one thing i would like to add to my feedback that i think its not very natural.

The sound of the bullets that fly near our head doesnt make me feel that way, it sounds fake. It sounds like papper is flying near or something..

That sounds doesn't make me feel its bullets passing near.

I already heard that sound in real life and it does not sound like that.

In FDF (i think) they simulate it how it should sound. Its more like a "ffff" sound, But in other hand the rest of the chammy sounds are impressive and thats what make me use chammy sounds!

Please change the sounds of the flying bullets. When realism does matter! inlove.gif

As for the level of the sounds - in the class names, what do you commonly pump the decibels up to?

Example:

class Intro

{

name = "Intro";

sound[] = {"\sound\Intro.ogg", db+100 , 1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

@To the Chammy Sound Team: There's one thing i would like to add to my feedback that i think its not very natural.

The sound of the bullets that fly near our head doesnt make me feel that way, it sounds fake. It sounds like papper is flying near or something..

In FDF (i think) they simulate it how it should sound. Its more like a "ffff" sound, But in other hand the rest of the chammy sounds are impressive and thats what make me use chammy sounds!

Please change the sounds of the flying bullets. When realism does matter! inlove.gif

Urr, no. Bullets flying by your head don't make a 'fff' sound... they go 'SNAP'!

Urr, no. Bullets flying by your head don't make a 'fff' sound... they go 'SNAP'!

True.

Chammy, I reinstalled my sound drivers and OpenAL+EAX, and the sounds improved drastically. The volume is far better now.

Outstanding sound work so far. smile_o.gif

depends on if the bullet is super-sonic or not.

depends on if the bullet is super-sonic or not.

Tis true, cause most the time when you hear the bullet whizzing overhead is because it began to or is tumbling. Even when passing close by very rarely they wont make the supersonic pop but will make a quick snap, not a loud one.

Only few questions:

What kind of sources do you use eg vehicles, aircraft...?

Are you able to take some real sounds from shooting range?

How many time you will spend on tuning?

two things go into the sound a bullet makes as it passes by you speed and distance a farther off bullet will sound much different than a close by one and a slow bullet or one that has begun to topple end over end will make the characteristic whizzing but since in arma all orginal weapons fire supersonic bullets so the crack is by far the better choice of the 2 (yet i do wish the engine was complex enough to have both sounds in realistic manners). examples of bullets fired ingame 5.56x45 nato supersonic 7.62x51 nato supersonic 12.7x108 soviet supersonic or the 12.7x99mm nato supersonic 5.45x39 soviet supersonic 7.62x39 and x54 pkm and m24 both supersonic but the x39 version is a bit on the low side and does tend to go subsonic at mid ranges and from then on we get into 20mm and above lol the only times in game that the bullets are subsonic is when you use SD ammo or anytime with the mp5a6sd (quietest gun that uses conventional firing methods biggrin_o.gif) btw chammy cant wait for your new release i can already tell it will be amazing a true contender with modwar and such oh and one last thing see tahts what u get for using fdf sounds thats one of the worst ones out there no offense fdf guys

Edit ok lets say worst for realism its still a good sound mod in its own right i think thats states it better

two things go into the sound a bullet makes as it passes by you speed and distance a farther off bullet will sound much different than a close by one and a slow bullet or one that has begun to topple end over end will make the characteristic whizzing but since in arma all orginal weapons fire supersonic bullets so the crack is by far the better choice of the 2 (yet i do wish the engine was complex enough to have both sounds in realistic manners). examples of bullets fired ingame 5.56x45 nato supersonic 7.62x51 nato supersonic 12.7x108 soviet supersonic or the 12.7x99mm nato supersonic 5.45x39 soviet supersonic 7.62x39 and x54 pkm and m24 both supersonic but the x39 version is a bit on the low side and does tend to go subsonic at mid ranges and from then on we get into 20mm and above lol the only times in game that the bullets are subsonic is when you use SD ammo or anytime with the mp5a6sd (quietest gun that uses conventional firing methods biggrin_o.gif) btw chammy cant wait for your new release i can already tell it will be amazing a true contender with modwar and such oh and one last thing see tahts what u get for using fdf sounds thats one of the worst ones out there no offense fdf guys

well yeah, i agree on this.

Also the SD firing is too loud.. compair with the sound of the SD m9.. alot different.

Nice sound mod. Every time I join a server it says altered files are not allowed and they will be deleted or something like that. Has only happened as soon as I installed this mod. Despite the message it still works. This is the only mod I have on my pc right now for Arma too.

Yeah it says that the map cannot be modified because she is related to content that isn't accessible.. and at the end of the message there is a small texte "CSM"

I get the same message with XAM 1.3

I remove the 2 addons and the message disappeared. Maybe related to config pbo, i've try with FDF 1.2 and i don't have these message.

Nb : i am copying the files in the ArmA Addons folder 'cause lots of server don't allow mod, but i don't think it is related to that.

Nice sound mod.  Every time I join a server it says altered files are not allowed and they will be deleted or something like that.  Has only happened as soon as I installed this mod.  Despite the message it still works.  This is the only mod I have on my pc right now for Arma too.

Wow, thats weird, Ive never had that messege before and I play on alot of the servers. However, the separate mod aside from the stand alone I will release, just replaces all sounds so none of them are left un modified and you dont end up hearing a stock sound that was used with an addon, resulting in a weird dry sound. The stand alone has all the rest of the special goodies.

I have it in my C:/Program files/Atari/Arma folder.  I also added the line in my shortcut.  I actually get that message on every server I join.  Only a couple kicked me for it. Doesn't matter I guess, if the stand alone will be out soon. Again, great work on this mod! pistols.gif