Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

I can't install the 1.05 patch anymore, I have the EURO 505 version, which is 1.04.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Arma, and deleted all BIS folders.

When I apply the 1.05 patch update (not 1.05+), I got 2 errors :

Quote[/b] ]Error found in file AddOns\air.pbo (96587d7e!=c32493ab)

and

Quote[/b] ]Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

He still busy, but I guess I will have problems with verifiyng 1.05 when I try to install 1.08.

Edit confused_o.gif : Indeed, thez same errors show up when I try to install 1.08,

Quote[/b] ]

Update 1.05-1.06\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.06-1.08\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I ignore them for now, but I think the Air.pbo won't be updated. See what happens when it's done...

Edit :Everything seems to run fine, except for the choppers.

The choppers fly like bricks and collision detection sucks. (1.04)

help.gif

I opened up my notebook checked for dust and anything else that could make my notebook warm up, but nothing.

Still vacumed the few dust that was in it just to be sure.

Rebooted started with 40+ degrees as usuall, after half hour on it slowely went up to 50 degrees, but still this is something i'm used too.

I opened up NVIDIA Monitor tool and closed down all bg activities and opened ArmA again, just with the normal start shortcut. When in menu I checked the warmed and my card instantly went up to 70 degrees, alt-tab back to desktop quickly showed a decrease to 60 and back to game it went up to 70 again.

Played for 20minutes and again I was back in the 80ies. So yet again instand shut-down and some ice-cubes for my precious.

I am going to check some other drivers and if they are not the problem I reinstall arma and the current driver (160.03) and check the temprature again.

But as I allready said, I'm sure my GPU temprature went never this heigh

Applied 1.08, started with a civil offroad in Paraiso (in editor), drove thru half the town, hd reading like crazy and a frezze for about 5sec then watching my desktop  crazy_o.gif .

Texture on "default" everything else on "normal", 1280x768 16:10, viewdistance 1200.

Arma German Morphicon

E6600

8800GTS 640mb

2Gb ram

X-Fi

Vista32

Forceware 158.24

Allright im gonna answer my own post here  crazy_o.gif .

I went out buying the 505 Euro DVD, made a dualboot with a fresh XP pro and installed all the newest drivers. installed Arma and aplied 1.05 and then 1.08.

And what can i say.... everything is sillky smooth  biggrin_o.gif .

Difference between Vista and XP (for me):

* No more hd reading like crazy.

* No more jerkiness when running/driving.

* Faster loadtimes.

* Somehow it looks better, hard to explain it just do.

* No more crashes (so far at least)

So what is to blame with playing Arma in Vista?

* Memoryhandling?

* Graphics drivers?

* Arma?

* Vista itself?

I dont know but its a shame really because i really do like Vista and i havent had any trouble with other games/programes.

All i can say right now is  notworthy.gif 1.08  notworthy.gif (in XP tounge2.gif )

Done some further testing. Updated forceware and all possible drivers.

1) Perfomance boost obvious biggrin_o.gif  

2) Third party addons cause graphics troubles (bmd, BTR80 etc.)

3) With troopmon it does not take long before the strecthing poly circus begins with vehicles (even with BIS default ones)

4) Most old scenarios made with the editor with the earlier versions cause troubles

5) So far that it is all new and only BIS stuff all seems to be fine

6) I do not find the automatic setting for graphics anywhere for GF7900

EDIT: monitored my mobo and graphics card temps. They are within decent ranges so no overheating issues

sickboy the openal32 solution doesn't work. In fact nothing works, when we try to boot a clean install of arma 1.08, securom is not even checking the DVD as usual. After the click on the icon there's nothing.

XP home SP2

4GB memory

8800 GTX tested with 158.22 and 160.02

Create X-FI fatality

No firewall

@Törni

Test different texture quality settings.

I got stretching textures when texture quality was set to default, after set it back to very high the error was gone.

This isn't a serious problem, but none of the servers I can enter are American, they all have pings over 100, at least those with my favorite missions like Evolution. Earlier I was getting connection lost problems with entering servers as well...

Still can not get ArmA to launch. I tried both the International Patch and the US patch. I have the same issue with both. OpenAL solution did not work. I double click the icon, hear my DVD drive make a sound like it's about to do something, then nothing.

Specs:

AMD64 X2 5200+

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe

2 7950GTs SLI

X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty

2gb DDR2 800

Windows XP Home SP2

US Atari DVD release

Hi, I am part of the crowd that cannot startup Arma!

My Specs:

AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 4200+

2,21 GHz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7950GT, newest Forceware Drivers (updated 10 mintues ago)

Windows XP Service Pack 2

German DVD Version, fresh install

updated to 1.05 Euro, then 1.08 international

I tried Sickboy`s solution and the only thing that changes was my desktop shorcut (from "helmet on letters" to "Human head with helmet"). The game would not start tough.

Any common pattern here? (As to specs, ArmA versions?)

The first time I have problems since the horrible LOD bugs of ArmA 1.00. sad_o.gif

Been following this thread since I got home, it seems quite a few of the Euro UK 505 DvD version peeps (including me) are having trouble even booting the game up now since installing the patch.

A few other people have said the same as I am to re-iterate now:-

Arma v1.04 - 505 Euro Version - Boots up, can play no problems.

Arma Patch v1.04 to v1.05 - Boots up, can play no problems.

Arma patch v1.05 to v1.08 - A story to tell about this one.

When starting Arma from a desktop shortcut, the hourglass appears for a couple of seconds on the arrow cursor, then, with previous versions, you would see a spinning disk in its place, the DvD drive starts to spin up, then you see the checkboxes and all is rosey, game starts and your presented with splash screens and eventually the menu.

But, what is happening instead, the hourglass appears, then disappears, the cd starts to spin up, for 5 seconds, then dies and spins down again. Arma appears in running processes' for a couple of seconds also, about the same time as the hourglass stays visual.

No securom spinny disc, no check boxes - nadda, just completely irresponsive, as if the cheeky PC is ignoring me mad_o.gif

I have tried Sickboys OpenAL Suggestion, even the 7001 Securom suggestion, both to no avail.

I understand that security needs to be upgraded and such, but, it is a serious problem when an update of security from a 3rd party impacts the consumer in such a way. I am referring to securom through process of elimination - Could be completely wrong, however, running through the steps above, it seems tht securom isn't registering something properly, thus preventing the game from launching at all.

I have already sent an analysis log file to securom, who advised that it was incomplete and I would need to send another, which I haven't done as yet, but will do after completing this post. icon_rolleyes.gif

I really, really like this game, and is a shame I am having such issues with it, would like to experience the new version as soon as possible, so any info or update would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

help.gif

*Edit* PC Spec:-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ DualCore Processor,

Asus M2N-SLIDeluxe MotherBoard,

Sparkle Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT (Soon to go SLI ^^ )

1 GB DDR2 (Yes, I need more, after another 2 Gb when pay-day comes, but, previous versions still managed to at least boot-up and I don't beleive this relates to the current issue being experienced.)

Have you tried a third party launcher program?

I use one all the time and no problems.

Or simply running the program straight from the program folder? Is your shortcut pointing to the right place?

Wow, reading this thread sure was depressing  crazy_o.gif  I'm installing the update now, on a 505 DVD english version, running on Vista with 8800GTX gfx... so I guess if I even get to see the splash intro it will be a miracle  wow_o.gif

Yeah no doubt.  The date on the patch file is June 6th, so they had six days to test the patch.  Doesn't look like it was properly tested.  I do question the competence of the BI testers.  The public betas were better than this it seems.

The "miracle" did happen! Not only did I get the splash intro, I've played multiplayer without any serious issue for 30 minutes now yay.gif A bit early to conclude anything on my part, but I'm surprised I've got this far at all. Thumbs up! biggrin_o.gif

Can't be bothered to read the entire thread, but the people getting CTDs......

are you on Nvidia cards?

If so, updating to the latest drivers may fix this issue.

What version drivers do you suggest? 158.22 official or 158.45 beta? I'm using 158.22 but the game doesn't even start, so no CTD here.

Errr not sure mate, all i know is i kept crashing, got that big arse mem error, updated Nvidia drivers using thier site, and havent had it again.

Clean Install Euro UK Version.

The Game Runs great then about 15-30min it starts to get choppy as in LAGGY and im jerking about then about 30seconds to a minute after that i freeze and it sometimes freezes and CTD with this.

error.jpg

RPT:

Quote[/b] ]

Region: 7FF82000,172 KB,Free

Region: 7FFAD000,208 KB,Comm

Longest free VM region: 1560576

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface DXT1,2048x2048 (size 2818048 B)

Error code 8007000e

Says it all for my problem.

Its not an 8800 problem as I have ATI card. Had same bug for 1.07 but the -maxmem trick worked. Not working for 1.08 patch however. I guess you are running Vista same as me.

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6600

ATI RADEON 512 mb X1650 SE with Catalystâ„¢ 7.5 Display Driver for Windows Vista (32 bit)

Intel® High Definition Audio 7.1 with 6.0.1.5391 Realtek Driver

2 GB DDR2-SDRAM

ArmA 1.04 UK version patched to 1.08 (on dvd)

Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium

For all X-Fi Users, the drivers I am using is this one: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1507

Concerning the not being able to boot problem might indeed be securom related, you might want to throw in a Support Ticket at Securom.

Running Czech (OverHated) Starforce protection but had the least of problems since Release concerning protection biggrin_o.gif

Im running XP and i also tried using the drivers striaght from the Nvidia website.. with no luck, im not testing the 165.## drivers.

@ Torni - I don't launch using a launcher problem, thanks for the suggestion, but, to be honest, the game should run using the desktop icon provided as is.

Also, I have not altered my clean installation in anyway, I have no 3rd party addons installed and the desktop icon is as installed which I haven't modified in anyway since my clean install

Thanks

somebody has the same lines in arma.rpt?

"No more slot to add connection at De61.../..Fh71 /..Fi71/..Gh57 /..Hc39 " and what does it mean??

@Törni

Third party launcher program? Could you go a bit more into detail?

Running straight from Start-->Programs-->BIS--> ArmA does not help either.

Same deal, anywhere from 5 - 30 mins, Lag, freezing and then desktop. Does not happen in XP at all so Im guessing its a Vista problem.

QX6800

P35K

4 GB GEIL PC 6400

8800 GTX (160.03)

X-Fi Extreme

Etc

I got that probelm too.

Install 1.08 over 1.05, process finishes without any problem.

Put the dvd in and click play. Nothing happens. I try again. Same problem. I remove the disk to see if there is any message. It asks me for the dvd. I put it back in, nothing happens.

I can read the dvd without any problem, I was playing yesterday without any problem. Now with 1.08 I can't play no more

I only had the FDF sound pack. I'm gonna reinstall the whole thing to see if there is any change.

I reinstalled, and the same problems, the 1.05 works fine, the dvd is read and the game launched. As soon as I install 1.08 nothing happends and the game won't load.

Any ideas?

My rig

AMD X2 4600+, 2GB RAM, ATI X1950Pro 512MB, Audigy 2 running windows XP Pro SP2

Been following this thread since I got home, it seems quite a few of the Euro UK 505 DvD version peeps (including me) are having trouble even booting the game up now since installing the patch.

A few other people have said the same as I am to re-iterate now:-

Arma v1.04 - 505 Euro Version - Boots up, can play no problems.

Arma Patch v1.04 to v1.05 - Boots up, can play no problems.

Arma patch v1.05 to v1.08 - A story to tell about this one.

When starting Arma from a desktop shortcut, the hourglass appears for a couple of seconds on the arrow cursor, then, with previous versions, you would see a spinning disk in its place, the DvD drive starts to spin up, then you see the checkboxes and all is rosey, game starts and your presented with splash screens and eventually the menu.

But, what is happening instead, the hourglass appears, then disappears, the cd starts to spin up, for 5 seconds, then dies and spins down again. Arma appears in running processes' for a couple of seconds also, about the same time as the hourglass stays visual.

No securom spinny disc, no check boxes - nadda, just completely irresponsive, as if the cheeky PC is ignoring me mad_o.gif

I have tried Sickboys OpenAL Suggestion, even the 7001 Securom suggestion, both to no avail.

I understand that security needs to be upgraded and such, but, it is a serious problem when an update of security from a 3rd party impacts the consumer in such a way. I am referring to securom through process of elimination - Could be completely wrong, however, running through the steps above, it seems tht securom isn't registering something properly, thus preventing the game from launching at all.

I have already sent an analysis log file to securom, who advised that it was incomplete and I would need to send another, which I haven't done as yet, but will do after completing this post. icon_rolleyes.gif

I really, really like this game, and is a shame I am having such issues with it, would like to experience the new version as soon as possible, so any info or update would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

help.gif

*Edit* PC Spec:-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ DualCore Processor,

Asus M2N-SLIDeluxe MotherBoard,

Sparkle Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT (Soon to go SLI ^^ )

1 GB DDR2 (Yes, I need more, after another 2 Gb when pay-day comes, but, previous versions still managed to at least boot-up and I don't beleive this relates to the current issue being experienced.)

Thank you Ronin =ASP=. Yes my sentiments exactly.

Okay at this point I'm guessing, but I've not seen anyone report this issue using an Intel processor. You using AMD or Intel? I'm on AMD4200+X2. I have the dual core fix patch applied. I also have Microsoft's April 2007 DirectX files applied (not drivers, but the DirectX install). Haven't installed the June2007 DX files yet.

Quote[/b] ]I haven't modified in anyway since my clean install

Then it should run without problems.

You lucky people who can't get 1.08 to start ... I can't even patch the 505 1.04 to 1.05, pc freezes at 29% (characters.pbo)

The last game I had that failed to start after patching was BF2, and that went in the bin banghead.gif

I think I'm gonna have to throw this too help.gif