Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

My initial impressions are good. The LOD popups are mostly gone. Only noticed a few on buildings and trees while flying, but the usual ones while zooming in and out with a scope are gone; nice.

Not a big fan of the new view point. It makes shooting at distance with no decent scope difficult. I had to squint hard to shoot anything at 150 yards.

Had some slow downs and voice stuttering, i'll try a defrag.

i get the message "unexpected end of file" when i try to unpack the rar file...

after that i can still install the patch, but arma wont start anymore... huh.gif

few things to remind b4 actural trouble shooting,

a) make sure you have a "clean" install, which means all addons should be placed else where, all language pack be restored as what the game should have been

b) make sure you have tested your game with a clean driver install of different version, even more for 8800 user as some driver simply wont work on new game version

c) if possible, try to use a clean Windows install to test your game, something might have screwed on your OS

d) make sure you have the correct shortcut link with the game, which means your shortcut link with your correct location of your game.exe and your parameters inputed correctly, i am not sure but some folks did mix up the beta link with the old link and cannot start the game, also remember to remove your beta mod folder from the -mod= parameter

there should be something i missed out, anyone help me finish it?

did everything - all versions are working except 1.08

well, I believe BIS killed the game.

international 1.08 patch is not working on the 505 games DVD version even if the install process works.

WINDOWS XP SP2

GC 8800 GTX driver: 158.22 WHQL

i am still away from my home so i cant test it, but basicly i didnt get enought info about your problem enither, also the latest driver from nv is 165.01 beta, b4 that is 160.2 whql

My initial impressions are good. The LOD popups are mostly gone. Only noticed a few on buildings and trees while flying, but the usual ones while zooming in and out with a scope are gone; nice.

Not a big fan of the new view point. It makes shooting at distance with no decent scope difficult. I had to squint hard to shoot anything at 150 yards.

Had some slow downs and voice stuttering, i'll try a defrag.

if you have TIR control removed from your control(zr+ of zr-, cant remember correctly) zoom in , put it back that might solve the problem

I too am unable to start ArmA after installing the 1.08 patch to my Aus DVD version.

The 1.08 update file is fine as other people have successfully used it to update and are able to play. I previously had no issues playing the 1.05 and 1.07 beta versions. sad_o.gif

I have the Securom Error too but it may be because I have the International installed and am using my german DVD. So will try with a reinstall of the game

Kode why do you say that? Where do you get your information that I installed the EU version? Interesting how you state what I installed without knowing for sure. I INSTALLED THE US VERSION OF THE PATCH THANK YOU. Here is the file name:

Arma_USUpdate108.exe

Kode you aren't helpful. Go away.

geez, the level of politeness on this forum is really appaling.

the guy was trying to help you. maybe he made a mistake, or jumped to conclusion about euro-us version, but thats no reason to yell or tell someone to go away.

that will not solve your problem.

I have the  Securom Error too but it may be because I have the International installed and am using my german DVD. So will try with a reinstall of the game

International patch and German DVD here too, erm, why should that cause an issue ?

Edit: And, as posted earlier, the Securom issue.

think thy updated securom, and that can change what it checks on the DVD to see if its correct, and I they are testing on readme's and so now then It would be detected as wrong.

and i am not talking about the international patch but the international DVD

I have the Securom Error too but it may be because I have the International installed and am using my german DVD. So will try with a reinstall of the game

International patch and German DVD here too, erm, why should that cause an issue ?

Edit: And, as posted earlier, the Securom issue.

Yes I've noticed that my DVD drive spins up the disc and that's when arma.exe terminates. Some kind of message as to the reason for failure would be appreciated.

Noticed its just 8800 users with most problems wink_o.gif

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\UIFONTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I keep getting this error! confused_o.gif

arma 1.08 doesn't start and I don't have any error message or securom error message. nothing.

European DVD version 1.04 (French 505 GAMES)

Patched to 1.05 (tested OK)

Patched to 1.08 international patch version.

PC: C2D, RAM 4GB

XP SP2, 8800 GTX 158.22 and 16.02 quadro drivers. Xfi sound card.

I do not even see the disc/dvd icon when clicking on arma.exe . Probably some kind of securom issue without error message.

Why BIS is using securom anyway? There is a tool to remove it everywhere on the internet...

Server (Windows 2003 Server, DC):

[*] When starting up ArmA_Server.exe with the super remote management software: ServerDOC (www.serverDOC.com), a message appears: "This software requires Windows 98SE, 2000, blabalba" whereas, booting up the exe normally there is no such problem. Toying with compatibility settings and other stuff was not helpful.

I run the 1.08 game with ServerDoc (via Windows TSE, not the web interface) and got no special message.

You got it via web interface ?

i have a new issue. 1.08 with the euro version. All rifles are not visible. They still shoot but there is nothing in the units hands. Sometimes only a pistol will be shown but it can fire grenades! lol

i have a new issue. 1.08 with the euro version. All rifles are not visible. They still shoot but there is nothing in the units hands. Sometimes only a pistol will be shown but it can fire grenades! lol

again b4 everybody start shooting at you, PLZ remember yourself to REMOVE all your 3RD PARTY ADDONS from your main Addon folder

Server (Windows 2003 Server, DC):

[*] When starting up ArmA_Server.exe with the super remote management software: ServerDOC (www.serverDOC.com), a message appears: "This software requires Windows 98SE, 2000, blabalba" whereas, booting up the exe normally there is no such problem. Toying with compatibility settings and other stuff was not helpful.

I run the 1.08 game with ServerDoc (via Windows TSE, not the web interface) and got no special message.

You got it via web interface ?

It doesn't happen on my Windows 2003 Non Domain Controller server, all fine there.. Only happening on my Domain Controller server sad_o.gif Will do some more thorough tests tonight)

Noticed its just 8800 users with most problems wink_o.gif

Scratch one 8800 user out, Arma never ran and looked so good here. I think im seeing a bit more fog/haze now but other than that 1.08 is very smooth, loading times seem better too.

I think Vista users are the ones having problems wink_o.gif .

I'm on an 8800.  If you're having problems with surface error( 8007000e), and maxmem doesn't work, try disabling AA. I was having the error every 30min-an hour or so but once I turned off AA, all was fine.  

Hope it helps everyone else.

Uh... oh...

Runs better, looks better, but...

With 64 bit AMD+GeForce 7900 heavy strecthing polygon syndrome all over the place. Even terrain is playing spooky now. Same with the libraray.

Never had this before. It seems that the beta that followed 1.05 was the best and then it has been downhill at least for me sad_o.gif

I too cannot start the game up, 505Games UK DVD edition, dont get any securom messages or popups

C2D E6600 Stock

2GB RAM

8800GTS 640MB Drivers 158.16

Win XP Pro

i even reinstalled the game and applied the 1.05 patch first,then 1.08 after.

I might try newer drivers.

Okay first time I run 1.08 and after about 10-20mins I get a message from NVIDIA software (NTune or something I'm not sure what it's named) saying my tempature increased a lot. Never had this but as I have a notebook I always checked the tempature when fiddling around with drivers and in the beginning with ArmA. I NEVER had it above 62degrees. Now I checked it was at 82! Shut down ArmA immediatly and after another 10mins it's now at 65.

I have a GeForce 6800 GO 256MB

Just correctly updated to 1.08 from German DVD version

Ingame settings should not matter as this did not EVER happen before.

I play with FPS around 20 and tweak settings too stay around that.

I AM gonna check my ventillator and clean it from dust if it's in there but after my precious is cooled down I will have another go at 1.08 and check if that's the only problem that caused the extreme tempature increase.

So ATM I Say MOBILE GPU USERS CHECK YOUR TEMPATURE WHILE TRYING 1.08

plz do post your result back, as we need to know if its a driver problem or other non related problem

Heyas, I've been having some trouble with 1.08..

Scenario:

8800 GTS 320 meg (Gigabyte)

Running nvidia official 158.22 drivers (installed today to be sure)

Windows XP Sp2 (pro)

AMD64 3000+ Venice

Nforce 4 mobo

2 gig of DDR400

SATA 2 harddrives x 2

Audigy 4 PCI sound card

loaded boot camp map to screw around.

Flew the AH-1Z for a while, came back to the airbase and on approach noticed that the runway and buildings were not textured.

Tried to get the shift + = vram clear to work, but it didnt.

Shortly afterwards ARMA CTD'd where my Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger intercepted. Of course, I dont have pdb files so I couldnt give you anything meaningful about the crash eg. stack would have been useless without symbols.

I couldnt find the 'default' option for textures- is there a config file entry I need to make? or does it not exist for 320 meg cards?

This issue was happening on 1.07 as well- thought 1.08 would fix it. I was wrong.

Surely the compliancy with 8800 series has haywired something since my geforce 7900 never before has displayed symptoms like this before. All was fine graphicswise untill 1.07+ came out.