Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

All this sounds alarming and familiar. I can't say that I envy game makers who are making games for PCs' with zillion different hardware and software configurations out there.

Have not tested the patch yet. Well there is only one way to find out.

shouldnt you guys go to the latest driver with a clean setup first then post result here?

Just installed 1.08 patch and i get this problem for the 1st time :

I can't see my weapons, i hear the noise when i shoot but its like if i dont have any weapons, i see my hands empty with both view 1st and 3st persons.

When in ammo crates, i try to take different weapons but its doesnt work and i see a grey m16 instead of weapons i select.

need help plz

@ OneManShow

Before anyone kills you, I'm gonna advice you to remove all user-made addons and try again. Some of them conflict with the config values in new patches.

About Driver, I posted 22, not 24. 24 Was taken offline due to issues and Nvidia reverted back to 22 on their site.

Just installed 1.08 patch and i get this problem for the 1st time :

I can't see my weapons, i hear the noise when i shoot but its like if i dont have any weapons, i see my hands empty with both view 1st and 3st persons.

When in ammo crates, i try to take different weapons but its doesnt work and i see a grey m16 instead of weapons i select.

need help plz

Jep, Custom Addon Problem. Probably old Vilas Addon or other one; Remove ALL custom Addons, only leave originals in, and use ModFolders per Addon-Creator to figure out which is the exact problem.

Oh yeah, sorry, didn't check the link too much, but I'm running the game on Vista 32bit so I'd need to go to an earlier vista driver (which I believe is still 158.24). The problem doesn't only occur on Vista though, it also occurs on XP, I created a thread about the issue here: Thread

The 1.08 patch does not launch for me. I'm using the Atari US version. There is no error given. I watch task manager and the arma.exe does start and takes up about 18MB but then it disappears. 1.06 DID launch. I tried uninstalling the game, and reinstalling 1.06. That still launches fine after uninstalling 1.08. Then I install the 1.08 patch again, and it still does not launch the game. Is there a MD5 or .par file that someone can provide so I can check the validity of the patch? When I install the 1.08 patch and it finishes, it says the patch was installed successfully. I'm using a nV8800GTS320, WinXP, 158.22 drivers, AMD 4200+X2 cpu, and nothing is over clocked. I have 3GB of pc3200 RAM.

I saw something about maxmem here, I'll try that.

thx guys !

i found and removed an old renamed weapons file in my addons folder. Now it works, i can go to sleep on my two ears ^_^

cheers

[KH]OneManShow[FR]

The 1.08 patch does not launch for me. I'm using the Atari US version. There is no error given. I watch task manager and the arma.exe does start and takes up about 18MB but then it disappears. 1.06 DID launch. I tried uninstalling the game, and reinstalling 1.06. That still launches fine after uninstalling 1.08. Then I install the 1.08 patch again, and it still does not launch the game. Is there a MD5 or .par file that someone can provide so I can check the validity of the patch? When I install the 1.08 patch and it finishes, it says the patch was installed successfully. I'm using a nV8800GTS320, WinXP, 158.22 drivers, AMD 4200+X2 cpu, and nothing is over clocked. I have 3GB of pc3200 RAM.

Thought the US patch wasn't out yet?

ARMA european version DVD.

After applying the patch 1.08 (no errors), ARMA doesn't launch anymore. Nada, nothing.

1.04 and 1.05 was working (including beta 1.07). Re-installed everything twice. Arma doesn't work anymore.

BAD PATCH.

Is there a way to get rid of 1.07 without having to reinstall ArmA?

Uhmm, just delete the "beta" folder?!

The 1.08 patch does not launch for me.  I'm using the Atari US version.  There is no error given.  I watch task manager and the arma.exe does start and takes up about 18MB but then it disappears.  1.06 DID launch.   I tried uninstalling the game, and reinstalling 1.06.  That still launches fine after uninstalling 1.08.  Then I install the 1.08 patch again, and it still does not launch the game.  Is there a MD5 or .par file that someone can provide so I can check the validity of the patch?  When I install the 1.08 patch and it finishes, it says the patch was installed successfully.  I'm using a nV8800GTS320, WinXP, 158.22 drivers, AMD 4200+X2 cpu, and nothing is over clocked.  I have 3GB of pc3200 RAM.

that's because you have used the europeon patch. You have to wait for the atari patch to come out, which will come out shortly.

1. Read the readme that come with the 1.07 Beta.

2. Failing to be able to open the readme here are the simple uninstall instructions for 1.07 Beta = Delete the BETA directory.

Jobs a good 'un.

I thought you could because it worked just like a mod would... but don't hold me to that because I want an answer from someone who really knows there stuff anyway lol  help.gif

~~EDIT~~ Well, the post above mine adds proof to my theory. Good stuff.

The 1.08 patch does not launch for me.  I'm using the Atari US version.  There is no error given.  I watch task manager and the arma.exe does start and takes up about 18MB but then it disappears.  1.06 DID launch.   I tried uninstalling the game, and reinstalling 1.06.  That still launches fine after uninstalling 1.08.  Then I install the 1.08 patch again, and it still does not launch the game.  Is there a MD5 or .par file that someone can provide so I can check the validity of the patch?  When I install the 1.08 patch and it finishes, it says the patch was installed successfully.  I'm using a nV8800GTS320, WinXP, 158.22 drivers, AMD 4200+X2 cpu, and nothing is over clocked.  I have 3GB of pc3200 RAM.

that's because you have used the europeon patch. You have to wait for the atari patch to come out, which will come out shortly.

Wrong according to the change log:

******************** ARMA UPDATE 1.08.5163 README ***********************

THIS UPDATE WILL MODIFY YOUR GAME INSTALLATION. YOU NEED TO FULLY REINSTALL THE APPLICATION INCLUDING PREVIOUS PATCHES INSTALLED TO REVERT YOUR GAME TO PREVIOUS STATE.

� 2007 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.

This application will update your ArmA: Armed Assault / Combat Operations to version 1.08.5160.

www.armedassault.com

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

====================

ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 1.05 (PATCHED VERSIONS) AND 1.06 (US VERSION)

I'm getting CTDs every few minutes into the game.

I did a clean install of my OS (XP Pro) yesterday and installed ArmA from scratch (Sprocket version)

few things to remind b4 actural trouble shooting,

a) make sure you have a "clean" install, which means all addons should be placed else where, all language pack be restored as what the game should have been

b) make sure you have tested your game with a clean driver install of different version, even more for 8800 user as some driver simply wont work on new game version

c) if possible, try to use a clean Windows install to test your game, something might have screwed on your OS

d) make sure you have the correct shortcut link with the game, which means your shortcut link with your correct location of your game.exe and your parameters inputed correctly, i am not sure but some folks did mix up the beta link with the old link and cannot start the game, also remember to remove your beta mod folder from the -mod= parameter

there should be something i missed out, anyone help me finish it?

few things to remind b4 actural trouble shooting,

a) make sure you have a "clean" install, which means all addons should be placed else where, all language pack be restored as what the game should have been

b) make sure you have tested your game with a clean driver install of different version, even more for 8800 user as some driver simply wont work on new game version

c) if possible, try to use a clean Windows install to test your game, something might have screwed on your OS

d) make sure you have the correct shortcut link with the game, which means your shortcut link with your correct location of your game.exe and your parameters inputed correctly, i am not sure but some folks did mix up the beta link with the old link and cannot start the game, also remember to remove your beta mod folder from the -mod= parameter

there should be something i missed out, anyone help me finish it?

did everything - all versions are working except 1.08

well, I believe BIS killed the game.

international 1.08 patch is not working on the 505 games DVD version even if the install process works.

WINDOWS XP SP2

GC 8800 GTX driver: 158.22 WHQL

Wrong according to the change log:

but not according to the site:

ArmA: Combat Operations by Atari

Boxed and download Version 1.06

To be released soon!

source

Kode why do you say that? Where do you get your information that I installed the EU version? Interesting how you state what I installed without knowing for sure. I INSTALLED THE US VERSION OF THE PATCH THANK YOU. Here is the file name:

Arma_USUpdate108.exe

Kode you aren't helpful. Go away.

Still 1 bug that existed in 1.07b: Sometimes game locksup in loading screen and theres nothing to do but, restart the computer...