Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

Everyone With Problems starting the game up

1.08 Updated OpenAL... My mate couldn't boot his game because of this. When he put back OpenAL from the original DVD, or from some sites, his problems were gone.

Specifically C:\windows\system32\openal32.dll

Well is this thread about Cards only or??

If it is im sorry for this:

BI still havent fixed those stupid Ai´s not crossing

bridges..I tryed in Corazol first, worked (SUPRISE).

But then Dolores, major dissapointment. STRAIGHT

in the drink.

Heyas, I've been having some trouble with 1.08..

Scenario:

8800 GTS 320 meg (Gigabyte)

Running nvidia official 158.22 drivers (installed today to be sure)

loaded boot camp map to screw around.

Flew the AH-1Z for a while, came back to the airbase and on approach noticed that the runway and buildings were not textured.

Tried to get the shift + = vram clear to work, but it didnt.

Shortly afterwards ARMA CTD'd where my Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger intercepted. Of course, I dont have pdb files so I couldnt give you anything meaningful about the crash eg. stack would have been useless without symbols.

I couldnt find the 'default' option for textures- is there a config file entry I need to make? or does it not exist for 320 meg cards?

This issue was happening on 1.07 as well- thought 1.08 would fix it. I was wrong.

Default should be under option > video > advanced > textures.

I had the texture loading issue with guns as well. I thought it was just slow but it didn't load after 2 minutes. Re-installing everything from scratch(deleting atari folder before reinstalling) fixed it for me.

505 update 1.08 working ok here, but have graphics bugs.

Updating all possible drivers+forceware let's see if it helps.

Clean Install Euro UK Version.

The Game Runs great then about 15-30min it starts to get choppy as in LAGGY and im jerking about then about 30seconds to a minute after that i freeze and it sometimes freezes and CTD with this.

error.jpg

RPT:

Quote[/b] ]

Region: 7FF82000,172 KB,Free

Region: 7FFAD000,208 KB,Comm

Longest free VM region: 1560576

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface DXT1,2048x2048 (size 2818048 B)

Error code 8007000e

Noticed its just 8800 users with most problems  wink_o.gif

Scratch one 8800 user out, Arma never ran and looked so good here. I think im seeing a bit more fog/haze now but other than that 1.08 is very smooth, loading times seem better too.

Ditto !

8800GTS 640MB ...... <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:DarkRed'>This Patch is SWEEEET!</span></span>

Just finished playing a big MP Coop for 3 hours ..... its was great!

Better GFX, not a huge FPS increase but surprisingly its just appears so much smoother

I'm averaging 35-49 FPS in MP. Haven't tried SP yet.

Euro 505 DVD (bought Australia) 2GB RAM, Window XP Pro

No Mods, No Overclocking, all patches installed to date.

My shortcut is;

C:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -world=empty -nosplash

Edit nVidia driver 6.14.11.5819

Heyas, I've been having some trouble with 1.08..

Scenario:

8800 GTS 320 meg (Gigabyte)

Running nvidia official 158.22 drivers (installed today to be sure)

loaded boot camp map to screw around.

Flew the AH-1Z for a while, came back to the airbase and on approach noticed that the runway and buildings were not textured.

Tried to get the shift + = vram clear to work, but it didnt.

Shortly afterwards ARMA CTD'd where my Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger intercepted. Of course, I dont have pdb files so I couldnt give you anything meaningful about the crash eg. stack would have been useless without symbols.

I couldnt find the 'default' option for textures- is there a config file entry I need to make? or does it not exist for 320 meg cards?

This issue was happening on 1.07 as well- thought 1.08 would fix it. I was wrong.

Default should be under option > video > advanced > textures.  

I had the texture loading issue with guns as well.  I thought it was just slow but it didn't load after 2 minutes.  Re-installing everything from scratch(deleting atari folder before reinstalling) fixed it for me.

I had that once, but that was due to custom files (vilas' old weapon files), after removing they were fine.

This texture issue wasnt affecting guns, only textures I hadnt used for a while, presumably I was flying around for 4-5 mins just getting a hang of the engine again, however as I approached the airfield, the grey buildings were the tell tale sign.

Then about 15 seconds after landing and getting out.. boom CTD

Fog built upon the myth of why ppl couldnt get it work while others can huh.gif

Having problems server side, using the server.exe with the 1.08 patch runs fine, but none on my computers with the 1.08 patch on them can connect to the server huh.gif???

any one help ?

Can't be bothered to read the entire thread, but the people getting CTDs......

are you on Nvidia cards?

If so, updating to the latest drivers may fix this issue.

Can't boot up ArmA, even after trying Sickboy's suggestion.

same here. it is not a openal issue.

Can't be bothered to read the entire thread, but the people getting CTDs......

are you on Nvidia cards?

If so, updating to the latest drivers may fix this issue.

What version drivers do you suggest? 158.22 official or 158.45 beta? I'm using 158.22 but the game doesn't even start, so no CTD here.

Wow, reading this thread sure was depressing crazy_o.gif I'm installing the update now, on a 505 DVD english version, running on Vista with 8800GTX gfx... so I guess if I even get to see the splash intro it will be a miracle wow_o.gif

Wow, reading this thread sure was depressing crazy_o.gif I'm installing the update now, on a 505 DVD english version, running on Vista with 8800GTX gfx... so I guess if I even get to see the splash intro it will be a miracle wow_o.gif

Yeah no doubt. The date on the patch file is June 6th, so they had six days to test the patch. Doesn't look like it was properly tested. I do question the competence of the BI testers. The public betas were better than this it seems.

guys dont be such a lazy boy and update your driver to test and post result here or there would be NOONE could help you

newest WHQL version should be 160.XX

latest BETA 165.01

About the OpenAL32 Issue, here a link to the exact file that fixed the startup problem for the person I was referring to earlier:

http://www.6thsense.eu/tmp/OpenAL32.rar

Put in you windows\system32 folder, backup ur original openAl32.dll

Hope it helps!

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\UIFONTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I keep getting this error! confused_o.gif

wtf? my problem doesn't warrent a reply? I'm the only one who had this error installing 1.08?

I hit "Ignore" and the update finished fine, played a quick mission to test it and it's amazing! Load times are alot faster and I love the new nightvision look!

About the OpenAL32 Issue, here a link to the exact file that fixed the startup problem for the person I was referring to earlier:

Hope it helps!

Tried that file Sickboy and still cannot start ArmA. Thanks for the effort.

sickboy version is 6.14.357.17

i've got 6.14.357.19

sickboy version is 6.14.357.17

i've got 6.14.357.19

Correction mate, the hosted version is:

Hope it helps!

Tried that file Sickboy and still cannot start ArmA. Thanks for the effort.

Sry to hear that mate! I wish you goodluck though.

An alternative try might be booting in Windowed mode though I think this will not help. Parameters to arma shortcut:

-x=1280 -y=1024 -window

(exchange the 1280 and 1024 with resolution).

Also people with freezes when going into Multiplayer;

Make sure that ArmA.exe is enabled in every single firewall application on ur system. Windows Firewall, other enabled firewalls... Even some popup blockers got firewalls smile_o.gif

Since the ArmA v1.08 exe is new/different it got a different signature, modern firewall programs check exe file name versus signature to check if a program is allowed/disallowed. Hence after every update you would need to run through ur Firewall program(s) again and enable it.

banghead.gif So does anyone have any ideas about why the new 1.8 server.exe in the patch does not work with the 1.08 clients?

I am downloading the full server 2G as the one on the patch does not work. anyone else had this or know how to fix it? banghead.gif

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\UIFONTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I keep getting this error! confused_o.gif

wtf? my problem doesn't warrent a reply? I'm the only one who had this error installing 1.08?

I hit "Ignore" and the update finished fine, played a quick mission to test it and it's amazing! Load times are alot faster and I love the new nightvision look!

You`re current Arma Version is 1.05?

You can`t patch older versions directly up to 1.08