Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

ARMA: ARMED ASSAULT Euro Update ver. 1.05

This update is for ArmA Euro version 1.04 by 505 Games only.

ARMA: ARMED ASSAULT International Update ver. 1.05

This is International Update for all versions released so far 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 and 1.04 - German, Russian, Czech or Polish boxed and download versions.

ARMA: ARMED ASSAULT International Update ver. 1.08

Use this update only on international version 1.05.

Sorry my english is too bad to express myself .... but i think you see what this post mean. I m not sure but this information could help someone .

I am in the same boat as you DrBobcat....game installs from UK DVD...then patch to 1.05....which works....then to 1.08 which does not start. DVD spins up....but nothing happens....WITF were they doing...this should NOT be happening to ANYBODY!!!! If it is copy protection related well then that is just BS!!...and why the hell should DrBobcat or anyone else have to contact Securom about it. How many more people have to try to install the 1.08 before they realize that they have a problem...it may not be everybody's problem....but there is one that exists....and I'm not liking it one friggin bit mad_o.gif

dvd arma us 1.06 work very fine for me, 1.08 crash the game after 5 minute of playing, no error message just crash and my pc reboot automatic.

window xp sp2

intel 3.4ghz

x1950pro ati driver 7.5

2gig ram

dvd arma us 1.06 work very fine for me, 1.08 crash the game after 5 minute of playing, no error message just crash and my pc reboot automatic.

window xp sp2

intel 3.4ghz

x1950pro ati driver 7.5

2gig ram

14 pages of everyones errors posted in 1 day with this patch?

Think I'll just wait it out.

Thanks for the heads up.

Well that's cute. I have to delete my registry files every reset apparently to get it to work. I had it work, then as soon as I reset, I had them load again and require me to delete them.

Hmmm, I'm having some major problems to get my joystick (which I had happily and perfectly working with 1.05) working- even registering in 1.08; can anyone help me out?

I'm getting a bunch of errors when I install

should I just ignore all these errors?

Ok...

My sit,

Bought ArmA by 505Games (1.04)

Updated to 1.05 then to 1.05FIX.

Got the 1.07 but expierenced some

problems with no gun and gunfire from

chest..REMOVED all extra addons (non BI)

Fixed. Got the 1.07FIX worked fine. And now

1.08.5157 or something works great.

If your having problems, try to remove the intire

game with ALL folders even user ones. Then reinstall,

Patch up and LEAVE the orig addons folder alone. IF

you install additional addons put them in a modfolder.

When your done installing make a shortcut from your ORIG

arma.exe and name it ArmA + Addons or something and in the

startfield of that file you enter:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash mod=@Mapfact ....Were mod=@Mapfact

equals YOUR extra addonfolder...

NOTE THIS:

There ARE problems with additional addons as i have

found them NOT compatible with 1.08. Like Mapfact,

voice quiet, FDF, Evans A10 and so on..

So the best way to be sure its not the game thats causing

problems LEVE the orig addonfolder alone..

AND, COPY! the orig arma.exe. That way you will

have a CLEAN game to try out...

ANY QUESTIONS

wink_o.gif

Some of us...myself included....have completely uninstalled the game....ie....completely....gone thru the registry AND EVERYTHING!!! Then....installed to a new folder...then patched to 1.05 (from 1.04). At this point I have a working game...no problems...no extra folders...nada....just good old Arma 1.055136... yay.gif THEN.....I installl the "correct" 1.05 to 1.08 patch and all this goes to the HOT PLACE in a handbasket. So now my game sits at 1.055136....awaiting the "real" patch..... crazy_o.gif. Oh ....I have sent my file off to Securom as well.....not that I should frikken have to do that.... whistle.gif.

Having problems server side, using the server.exe with the 1.08 patch runs fine, but none on my computers with the 1.08 patch on them can connect to the server huh.gif???

any one help ?

I am also having server problem.

ArmA_server.exe on leased server says it running on one of control pages, but another says status is unavailable and the server doesnt apear in my server directory. Others do so I know it isnt client side.

Incedentally, Direct2Drive version (1.06) patched with 1.08US works flawlessly for me..no other mods installed. I feel like the patch was a big improvement, though I cant quite say completely why yet, for sure it is in part to smoother gameplay, less ai warping and crisper graphics.

Ok, I got, its all working now, with alot of corrections made.

All I did was purge everything, (well not the computer)

I uninstalled ArmA, reinstalled, reinstalled 1.05, then reinstalled 1.08. All works like a charm, I probably didnt have to re install 1.05 but I did just in case.

You can try send a mail to starforce/securom and say them what's your problem.

If i remember right, they ask guys to launch a small program to detect what's the problem.

So if it is a dvd protection problem, they will find it. (they send unprotected .exe when you can't launch the game 'cause of their protection, at least for securom)

I have done that already. I'm waiting for an answer though.

But the other people with the same problem who have already conteacted securom support haven't received any solution yet, so I assume I have to wait for a fix from BI or for the copy protection to be removed from the game....

OK, here's a new twist on the game won't start after 108...

I've a dual boot system, on XP I try and start the game, disc spins up, but then nothing.

Tried on Vista, game disc spins up and...game loads normally! ( But runs like poo )

I have tried all the solutions so far posted but they have not made any difference. banghead.gif

Securom Problems see here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....04;st=0

multiple solutions in that thread

Thanks Dwarden! I tried that resolution but it did not work. I deleted all the registry entires except for my hard drives which I can't have re-assigned to the default letters - that would totally hose my windows install that has been working for about two years now. That's just crazy for SecuROM and BIS to expect people to go to such lengths to get the game working. Yeah I had dmon tools installed but I uninstalled it and that still hasn't fixed the game from not even loading to a boot screen.

I feel very much let down and abandoned by BIS at this point.

I seem to have massive hard drive accessing about 10mins into the game and then Arma rebooted my PC. My hard ware is:

E6600

ATI x1950 512MB

Gigabyte DS3P

I'm using ATI hotfix drivers and PC isn't over clocked.

System specs; E6600 2,4 dual 2 core, 2 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX 768mb, Vista 32 bit. Stock settings.

PC is brand spanking new, only installed latest drivers, and Armed Assault is the only game installed. 505 version, no additional add-ons, installed the 1.05 patch and the latest 1.08 patch

Getting the "Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e" error, and beeing thrown back to desktop.

Have tried everything from all settings to minimum or maximum, default etc...

This is beyond frustrating....

confused_o.gif

I played the last few hours pretty nicely without a single CTD [considering i was getting them from 1 second to 5min]. I installed ForceWare 160.03 Vista 64-bit.

BUT, i notice that when I play on that Evolution map, that when i drive to the first town, part way there, theres always this one spot where it starts to get laggy then it will CTD, i have no idea why either. There are sometimes where a map will load but sometimes just freeze and i'll have to ALT+CTRL+DEL and close the game down. I think tho i had more problems BEFORE i installed that Forceware driver then After it [theres still some problems, but its much more playable then before] I do have the - maxmem=768 on, I dunno if thats helping either, I think i will try it without and see how that works after installing the new forceware.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1635 [ForceWare 160.03 Vista 64-bit ]

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1634 [ForceWare 160.03 Vista 32-bit ]

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\UIFONTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I keep getting this error! confused_o.gif

I got something like this twice, once my temp directory had filled up with 32,000+ files and another the permissions (on NTFS partition) had been changed somehow.

The patch creates a copy of the program xdelta3 in the temp directory so check out temp directory is not full of files, low on disk space or inaccessible.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Dwarden!  I tried that resolution but it did not work.  I deleted all the registry entires except for my hard drives which I can't have re-assigned to the default letters - that would totally hose my windows install that has been working for about two years now.  That's just crazy for SecuROM and BIS to expect people to go to such lengths to get the game working.  Yeah I had dmon tools installed but I uninstalled it and that still hasn't fixed the game from not even loading to a boot screen.

I feel very much let down and abandoned by BIS at this point.

you checked that another fix with MS update?

System specs; E6600 2,4 dual 2 core, 2 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX 768mb, Vista 32 bit. Stock settings.

PC is brand spanking new, only installed latest drivers, and Armed Assault is the only game installed. 505 version, no additional add-ons, installed the 1.05 patch and the latest 1.08 patch

Getting the "Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e" error, and beeing thrown back to desktop.

confused_o.gif

Tried a -maxmem=512 or 768 addition to your shortcut?

I know though that atm the Vista-support is really bad, esp in case of 8800 if im not mistaken. Goodluck!

There are still these lines in arma.rpt:

No more slot to add connection at De61 (6952.9,8228.9)

No more slot to add connection at Fh71 (11466.8,6127.8)

No more slot to add connection at Fi71 (11613.7,6208.8)

No more slot to add connection at Gh57 (13524.3,8896.8)

No more slot to add connection at Hc39 (14473.8,12501.8)

What does it mean?

System specs; E6600 2,4 dual 2 core, 2 gig ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX 768mb, Vista 32 bit.  Stock settings.

confused_o.gif

Had that problem too, almost constant hd reading and ctd on Vista32. I was so frustrated that i went and bought Arma 505 DVD (have Morphicon in Vista) and installed XP in dualboot and viola´, Arma runs like a charm notworthy.gif .

If you really want to play Arma to its fullest i suggest dualboot and running under XP.

E6600

8800GTS 640

2Gb

1280x768

Viewdistance 2500

All on Very high and just a small fps drop in heavy forests.

Quote[/b] ]I know though that atm the Vista-support is really bad, esp in case of 8800 if im not mistaken. Goodluck!

I have 5 more games running sweet at vista (Oblivion, LOTRO, COH DX10, GRAW2 demo, Colin dirt demo, Tomb Raider Ani.)

Only arma is giving me problems confused_o.gif

System:

E6600@3700

8800 GTX (tryed several drivers)

4Gb Ram

Raid 0

OP: Vista Ultimate 64Bits

The funny thing is 1.07 worked fine for me. sad_o.gif

Im not blaming BIS for anything, but blame Vista its not correct too since I havent got any problems with other games.