Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

you dont have to tell me this i know it.

Quote[/b] ]

In 3d, all poligonal shapes are made of one or more triangles.

yes.... ive said this more then once before

your definition is/was just a bit cheesy..

a tris is a poly and a metagon is polygon aswell period.

Quote[/b] ]yes

all game apps convert to tris.

they calculate faster.

in other apps like MAX or whatever you can have so called meta- or n-gons.

polygons that share multiple sides eg 5 sided.

however these are usually a pain in the arse cause the pc will always divide it into tris, but since a pc isnt smart he doesnt know how it looks good wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Take a quad laying on the x,z plane in maya, take two opposite corners, and translate them in the y direction. You'll notice that they are triangulated by the way the quad deforms. Now undo that, and take the other corners. You'll notice that the hypotenuse edge between the two triangles is consistent. ALL non tri poligons are made up of invisible edges that form triangles, full stop.

thats what ive basically broke down in my last post...

anyway

you dont have to tell me this i know it.
Quote[/b] ]

In 3d, all poligonal shapes are made of one or more triangles.

yes.... ive said this more then once before

your definition is/was just a bit cheesy..

a tris is a poly and a metagon is polygon aswell period.

Oh, I see, you're just typing to fill in dead air. I didn't say that they were the same and yet different. I said that all all polies are made up of one or more triangles, period. All polies being all multisided figures, including triangles. I'm not sure if this is an english as a second language problem or a need for self agrandizing issue. Either way, knock yourself out.

Oh, I see, you're just typing to fill in dead air. I didn't say that they were the same and yet different. I said that all all polies are made up of one or more triangles, period. All polies being all multisided figures, including triangles. I'm not sure if this is an english as a second language problem or a need for self agrandizing issue. Either way, knock yourself out.

If you really want to split hairs, there's 2 g's in aggrandizing (or aggrandising if you speak British-English), a polygon is defined as "a closed plane figure bounded by three or more line segments", and the shortened plural of polygons is polys, not pollies or polies (which refers to a pluralised shortening of polyester)

But I digress. whistle.gif

Can we please leave the size of our (insert appropriate physical attribute here) in another thread and 'let the pics speak'

Thank you

You know, nobody gives two craps about polys, triangles, and the hypotenuse of the square root of 5. What people care about are:

- WIP pics (hey! it's the topic!wink_o.gif

- FPS hit

- Filesize

- Detail

And nephilim works for Crysis, you don't. She's a sierra hotel modeller, and yeah man, stop the size comparison, and get back to the pics!

You know, nobody gives two craps about polys, triangles, and the hypotenuse of the square root of 5. What people care about are:

- WIP pics (hey! it's the topic!wink_o.gif

- FPS hit

- Filesize

- Detail

And nephilim works for Crysis, you don't. She's a sierra hotel modeller, and yeah man, stop the size comparison, and get back to the pics!

the number of polygons directly affects FPS hit and detail, so yeah it does matter.

anyways those soldiers are looking ace jahve.

Hi, with help i've been able of fix the problems in the models of the

guns that i was working at, now only tweak the config for make the

gun parts animations work properly and adjust the display names

is all what remains.

WIP-M4A1 Pack:

wip_m4a1_ArmA_01.jpg

Hopefully i'll release 'em soon, or that's what i hope. Let's C ya

P.S: If someone needs a english lesson... i offer me to help him/her

to "improve his/her english level" >>;-)

Oh, I see, you're just typing to fill in dead air.  I didn't say that they were the same and yet different.  I said that all all polies are made up of one or more triangles, period.  All polies being all multisided figures, including triangles.  I'm not sure if this is an english as a second language problem or a need for self agrandizing issue.  Either way, knock yourself out.

If you really want to split hairs, there's 2 g's in aggrandizing (or aggrandising if you speak British-English), a polygon is defined as "a closed plane figure bounded by three or more line segments", and the shortened plural of polygons is polys, not pollies or polies (which refers to a pluralised shortening of polyester)

But I digress. whistle.gif

I wasn't splitting hairs. I was qualifying my question about O2 when I brought up what polies were... and I'm not sure if you can agree on a spelling of a word that doesn't exist. Polys is jargon. In regards to the spelling of aggrandizing, I have never proposed that I was an excellent speller.

here's a pickle for you.

now in trying to achieve optimal texture panel space, its quite normal that we'll rotate, move, etc stuff to make it fit on the texture panel.

now, for my land rovers I've put the left side placed 'normally' on the panel (i.e. as you would expect it to sit) and then to save space I had rotated the right side around 180 degrees to that the two sides were in a land rover 69 position.

unfortunately, this then means the right side normal maps are upside down in terms of shadows and high lights - i.e. what I'd expect to be dark is light and vice versa.

Now this is obviously being caused by the right side being upside down in the tex and the normal map, and then rotated around again to the normal when mapped. Buldozer seems to account for stuff being upside down for normal maps, but not when its mapped upside down... which is a pain of course...

does anyone know if it will sort itself out in game or Do I have to try and 'fix' this myself somehow? Although I'm at a loss for what that would entail... rotating parts of the blue normal map in the tga?

[edit]

ok, 'fixed it' in a way - because I unwrapped it and mapped the right side upside down (mapped the flattened parts), then the normal map 'knew' it was mapped upside down and kept the same alignement. By going back in and remapping the face with the texture rotated, rather than the faces, it sorted out the normal maps.

that was easy smile_o.gif

[edit]

or not... seems to have unfixed itself for some reason? a little odd to say the least? Anyone got an solutions for this? What it now appears to do is swap the lighting half way along the normal map - as in on one side it appears correct, and then half way down it decided to reverse the way the lighting is?

You could create a diferent layer for the right side and then create a normal map from it wit color exactly oposite to the left side. IIRC there!s an option for this in Nvidia plug-in for photoshop. Then just merge all layers and save. I hope i understood your problem here whistle.gif

No, that sounds like a sensible solution - so essentially you create an 'opposite' normal map which would light everything the opposite way, paste it over the original normal map and then delete the bits you don't want reversed and then flatten.

seems a sensible method in which to do it in - shall try that - thanks TheSun - somethings just need a second pair of eyes smile_o.gif

@Wipman: I know it is WIP, but please post a bit brighter picture (unless it was meant that way).

[OFFTOPIC]

Quote[/b] ]Let's C ya

P.S: If someone needs a english lesson... i offer me to help him/her

to "improve his/her english level" >>;-)

-> It has been a while since i had my last english in school, but:

- It is 'Let's see you (C and ya are urban street talk....as far as i know it was once a rule not to be used here).

- It is: an english lesson as far as i know.

thanks TheSun - somethings just need a second pair of eyes smile_o.gif

You're welcome smile_o.gif

@messiah

yea thats a common problem if you create normal maps with photoshop.

it doesnt really take 3d space in account.

in such case mess with the channels.

R G B = X Y Z

best solution would be if youd make a high poly reference model and then blend detail

works alot better

@gnat

thats some funky RC. wheres the controls smile_o.gif

C7 or something?

Doesn't look like a C7 to me.

Abs

[EDIT: Don't ask me what it is, though...I have no idea. I just know that it's not a C7 (at least not the kind the Canadian forces use).]

thought as much neph - strange thing is now, is that in my second LOD, the normal maps work perfectly (i.e. the lighting is correct) - but if i copy and paste that into the primary LOD, the lighting goes wrong on it...

odd?

Nice Uav gnat! Really small smile_o.gif The really small ones have to be impossible to shoot down for ground troops tounge2.gif

anyways Neph isn't the controller the little radio backpack thingy between the uav's with a anteenna next to it? wink_o.gif

looks good wolf. i actually have some pictures of a Georgian and 2 Ukrainian BMP-2s and BMP-3s with a simialr system on it. They are my personal pictures from Iraq. If you would like them PM me

Hi,

As might be guessed from the picture name, it is a C7A1 with rail interface system, with forward grip and Elcan from the old LLW Diemaco pack. Versions like these have been on display in former years on SMP project displays as trial versions for the upgrade of the Diemaco rifles. It is only on limited issue and appears to have been only an intermediate stage of the OAD project.

Some pictorial references:

http://www.nationalarsenal.nl/Photos....4C8.jpg

http://www.nationalarsenal.nl/Photos...._01.jpg

http://www.defensie.nl/resize....ght=600

Regards,

Sander