Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Hi,

You're welcome.

Once again you describe a problem I recently encountered myself while working on a scoped weapon firing SD ammunition. The culprit is the zasleh selection in the optic's model. It appears necessary to have distinct optic models for weapons fitted with a suppressor, so I made an Elcan optic with and without zasleh selection, and had the C8A1GD use the version without the zasleh selection. That solution worked for me. So my advice to you would be to download the MLOD version of the ACOG optic and after the usual actions (merging points and correcting smooth/sharp edges etc) remove the zasleh selection (let me restate that: first select zasleh, then delete all points in it, then remove the selection). Save the model in your pbo's folder and have the config of your suppressed weapons with ACOG point to that model for optics instead of the regular ACOG optic model.

Regards,

Sander

wow, looks lol, I mean, I never knew that bullets can go up without aiming there biggrin_o.gif (expect if your sight is adjusted by retard) I thought only airsoft guns do that. make an airsoft mod rofl.gif

That was unnecessary now wasn't it. The ballistic trajectory his higher with a suppressed weapon to compensate for the reduced muzzle velocity of the round coming out the end of the barrel.

hey guys. nice things going on in here.

i always waited for someone to make HESCOs, but noone started to work on them so I decided to do them myself and when they're done release to you all.

BUT:

1. I cannot run Arma on my computer, so I maybe need someone to test things out for me, later.

2. I do need some help making higher detailed textures for the HESCOs, and maybe this bumpmap or mipmap stuff which is possible in ArmA. i have absolutely no clue about it, though I read a tutorial by Linker_Split... I hope I rememer his name correctly!?

3. Last but not least I could need some Ideas of what I shoudl model, say bunkers or walls, etc.

I am planning to go for the 10 different types, and make them exactly the size which is written on the HESCO-homepage:

Product site

here is a picture of a single one, I made so far:

hesco_mil1forum.jpg

what ya think guys?

greetings maatz

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i model with Oxygen O2 for OFP:R!

I think it could be very handy, especially for mission makers. Would be good if you'll be able to finish it. smile_o.gif

yeah, and therefor I need a little help smile_o.gif i have been missing hesco stuff already since ofp...

I would really like to help you out, but since I'm busy with other mods and stuff, I can't. Good luck with it though.

Hi, this is what i mean with that the muzzle flash is always On in

the M4A1 ACOG, and i still don't see what's wrong with the config.

The Muzzle Flash Bug:

the_MF_bug.jpg

Let's C ya

Hi,

Check your cfgModels definition, the class name (wip_m4acog) is not the same as the p3d file name (wip_m4a1acog). Also not how you first declare the skeleton class as wip_m4a1acog and then refer to it in the cfgModels as wip_m4acog.

The earlier answer related to the muzzle flash in the optic view, does the proposed solution work for you?

Regards,

Sander

alright. got some new ones. Version 10 and 2. Version 10 is about 2.12m high, so it's quite offering good protection :-P

hesco_mil1u10forum.jpg

EDIT:

Sry to post a Ofp pic, but i got some ingame now. it's just a crappy config, but i wanted to see them ingame :-P

hescoingameofp.jpg

I GET FREAKING TRAUMAS FROM OFP SCREENS! thank god you wasnt using the original troops! they look so AWFUL! crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

lol nice pieces there biggrin_o.gif i thought they where sky scrapers in micro size crazy_o.gif i think its time for me to get sleeping really soon... goodnight.gif

Thanks Maatz - great stuff on the Hesco Barriers, ArmA really needs them!

Good luck with the project! wink_o.gif

Stew

Here's some video demoing the weapons of the AC-130U that I'm currently working on.

I have yet to make a model, nor have I figured out how to get the AI to orbit a specific area, so at the moment I'm using a heli config so the AI pilot doesn't crash and burn. I'll hopefully nail orbits some time this week.

ac130.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hOriMi39c

Here's some video demoing the weapons of the AC-130U that I'm currently working on.

I have yet to make a model, nor have I figured out how to get the AI to orbit a specific area, so at the moment I'm using a heli config so the AI pilot doesn't crash and burn. I'll hopefully nail orbits some time this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hOriMi39c

Oh my sweet-freaking-jesus. notworthy.gif

Abs

Oh my sweet-freaking-jesus. notworthy.gif

Abs

Hehe, you like? Only problem is that I won't be able to get near the AC-130U's operational altitude, which is between 2438 and 3048 meters, because some ground textures exhibit an annoying flicker when I set it to too high an altitude.

It's near enough for game purposes. Are you going to do the new varient armed with the 25mm Bushmasters replacing the 40mm Bofors, and Viper Strike PGM's?

Anyway, It looks amazing, and I cant wait till it's finished.

Bravo Zulu! notworthy.gif

It's near enough for game purposes. Are you going to do the new varient armed with the 25mm Bushmasters replacing the 40mm Bofors, and Viper Strike PGM's?

Yes, I'll be covering all AC-130 variants. I've come across some data on proposed weapon's systems for future gunships, so I'll probably implement some of them as well.

That's if I ever finish the addon, because my modeling and animation script skills are nil. At the moment I'm just trying to cover what I know how to do, leaving the rest for later. Or maybe someone else might kindly lend a hand in a few weeks (hint hint). smile_o.gif

This looks really nice, mate! How did you make the FLIR effect? Or is that a trade secret?

I didn't make that effect, it's from Mapfact's Air Addon. I did make some changes though, so that ground units are more visible.

I seem to recall others working on the AC-130 model itself, but w/o the necessary scripting and gun work, etc. Maybe you can get in contact with somebody that has already done a lot of the work on the model and you can collectively get it out.

That C-130 model is excellent, and they've also apparently figured out a way to allow a plane to have side firing guns.

I'll keep working on it until I run into any major issues, but I'll probably end up leaving the AC-130 to them, because the scripting requirements to make an accurate simulation of the plane are far above my limited knowledge. I could probably make an arcade-style AC-130 with a "fake" pylon turn system though, but it would only be usable in SP.