Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Quote[/b] ]@bdfy... i think Panda's definition is quite correct for _sm (specular map) textures and your's is correct for _smdi (optimized specular map) textures.

yep. though i never saw _sm used ))

Quote[/b] ]is that from the wiki?

partly... I just didn't understand a lot from Armored_Sheep post smile_o.gif so i got some explaination at the russian community

Red = not used (you can lmake whatever you like - it's not used anyway, so make it black, white, blue - no matter)

Green = specular map (lighter color more intensitive glare)

Blue = specular power (darker color - bigger glare)

Hope my english i scorrect enough...

Though i don't know how to combine it with specularPower in rvmat definition smile_o.gif

+There're some unexpectable bugs with specular maps...

mig15bug2do3.jpg

model edges are blinking white with specular apllied there's no knows solution...

alright, i worked a little further on my HESCO pack and i got them ingame now. Thanks to Pauliesss for the pictures!

arma2007-12-2822-11-07-43.jpg

arma-2007-12-28-22-13-46-87.jpg

[imghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh96/maatz_arma/arma-2007-12-28-22-12-38-75.jpg[/img]

(can't get the pic under 100kb :-( )

but I still gotta lots of work to do. i am playing around with normal maps at the moment, but dunno how to implement them properly smile_o.gif

and i gotta do so tweaks to the config...

@Maatz: Can i please ask where you got that texture from. It looks exactly as the one i made years ago (afaik i never released my hesco pack). Anyway, just checking...

Quote[/b] ]yep. though i never saw _sm used ))

Red = not used (you can lmake whatever you like - it's not used anyway, so make it black, white, blue - no matter)

Green = specular map (lighter color more intensitive glare)

Blue = specular power (darker color - bigger glare)

Hope my english i scorrect enough...

_sm's are used extensiely on buildings in BIS's content... there are a couple of uses on vehicles, none seen on weapons...

As mentioned... i know you are referring to only _smdi specular maps and yes, the red channel is not used... but, they are not the 'only' specular map textures... in the case of _sm specular maps well the russians would be slightly off target there as the red channel is most definetly used... so, to say that specular maps should not be using the red channel is slightly misleading...

the door guns on the uh60_mg are an example of the use of the _ns normal+specular texture usage.

@Maatz... very nice... i know they are WIP... personally, I'd like to see them in more of a state of disrepair.. ya know? the odd rip here and there a really quite dirty and well used sorta look and weather beaten... a bit like the ones in Crysis... smile_o.gif

@Maatz: Can i please ask where you got that texture from. It looks exactly as the one i made years ago (afaik i never released my hesco pack). Anyway, just checking...

hey mate

they are based up on ingame pictures from the vbs hesco thingys you know. please remember that they are just placeholders until now!

i didn't want to offend you or steal anything

greetings

maatz

Also think of a thing like things.

Make a sort of a pile of sand. which you can drive a vehicle ontop of so its turret can view over the wall.

wow_o.gif

@Maatz: No harm done mate (see PM).

Anyway, was pretty proud on the textures (when they were made some years ago). You can use them, but as you know in ArmA envirement they are useless (shaders).

Good luck.

@ Maatz : are you going to release them ?

It will be good in Sakakah City. wink_o.gif

I really miss such objects in maps to build cool looking FOBS. wink_o.gif

sure i will release them. i am working hard on them at the moment, especially on normal maps and prebuilt objects such as walls, kind of bunkers, towers and checkpoints etc

thank you very much for your constructive criticism.

always nice to see, the community likes it wink_o.gif

oh, and a special thanks goes out to you DaSquade smile_o.gif

btw, if you have ideas or wishes, please feel free to post them!

greetings maatz

completly new M2 Bradley, not from OFP:

edit - progress screens :P

wip_m2_1.jpg

wip_m2_2.jpg

wip_m2_3.jpg

wip_m2_4.jpg

probably version A2 will be prepared too, maybe not 1985 but for RASC or modern combat

thise textures are just temporary

wip_m2a2.jpg

non-armored bradley, for supplies trasporting biggrin_o.gif

your going to add cannons right? smile_o.gif

@ Vilas : your IFV is in a real good way !

Such a vehicle really miss IG.

Grat work as allways Vilas. I hope when u finis 1985 era u will have same tame too make same ww2 addons, tanks and cars and more staff. Just like i sead gr8 work.

All u guys heppy new year from Serbia. All the best. And lets bee lutts of addons in a 2008.

Keep up the good work.

Great work Vilas , i really like Bradley allways their TOW-2 Launcher biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the great work.

/a little look like am copying message before lol/

All u guys happy new year from Slovakia , Czech , Whole World. Lets see a lots addons for Arma and Arma 2

xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]completly new M2 Bradley, not from OFP:

ghm... yes it's new, but it's even worse then old old ofp model wink_o.gif What are these textures ? Is it very early pre-alpha build ? Really nothing to look at now cause it looks like you simply fill it all with green....

Quote[/b] ]completly new M2 Bradley, not from OFP:

ghm... yes it's new, but it's even worse then old old ofp model wink_o.gif What are these textures ? Is it very early pre-alpha build ? Really nothing to look at now cause it looks like you simply fill it all with green....

Vilas Posted:

Quote[/b] ] thise textures are just temporary

I guess you didn't read the whole post, hm?

Please try and read more carefully next time.

oh ..... whats the name of this thread again ... umm ... oh yeh Work In Porgress

Even if it did come out like that, I'm sure theres a dozen ppl who'll do a retex anyway tounge2.gif

WIP

B52_2.jpg

old OFP model had much lower details, much worse wheels, much worse driver hatch, so how can you say, that new model is worse ?

OFP model had no visors in back doors, OFP model had no hole for MG in turret near cannon and real looking M240 , OFP model had low poly wheels, low poly hatch

new has 8000 polygons at LOD 0

and there is written "textures are temporary"

i remember how you get my addon beta to test with PM that for test purpose, and keep secret while testing, than i saw your post about wrong recoil, not moving belts in released addon ?

but my 85 mod addons were not released !

so you even can not keep secret while testing betas

once againg you seem not to understand written words

people here show things even in lower stadium of develompment :P

because it is topic about stuff worked on :P

wip_m2_bck.jpg

wip_m2_frt.jpg

and it is natural that good textures + normal maps are made on finish, not on beggining while model is prepared, especially when you work on blueprints coloured

heh, you know evil russians biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]old OFP model had much lower details, much worse wheels, much worse driver hatch, so how can you say, that new model is worse ?

low poly models are all about textures - it's a pity but it's exactly your weak point. You can model, but i realy hope you'll upgrade your 2d skills some day wink_o.gif

I keep saying that model without textures is nothing - thus only when textures are done the model can be discussed (of course you'll get your 'wow' here anyway, but that's not the discussion wink_o.gif)

Anyway anybody is free to ignore my point about addons without textures smile_o.gif

Happy New Year wink_o.gif

vil_wip_m2_1.jpg

vil_wip_m2_2.jpg

vil_wip_m2_3.jpg

vil_wip_m2_4.jpg

textures will be made by somene else:

- maybe solid green

- US ARMA type colors (example of w.i.p. on screens) to match BIS vehicles and for my 1985

- RACS camo (maybe selfstanding or as update of old)

- desert US (maybe selfstanding addon) for other mods

by the way about  "evil Russians" - mentioned bby you

i made my Vilas_RUS my textures using pictures taken from internet, google and on flashpoint.ru i read in russian that i stole those textures, i stole ideas for addons, every my ARMA addon is called "unauthorised copy" - poddelki

2 years ago one Russian addonmaker gave me permission (here by PM) to use his textures, but year after i read on flashpoint.ru that i stole those textures (but he didin't wrote to me before like "don't use my textures" or "i am taking back my permission from last year")

thats why i deleted my all OFP addons from servers, because he changed mind about textures

this mod also used others mods objects, textures, models without permission, but seems to forget about this

we all learning on mistakes, one learn more, other learn less

also on flashpoint.ru i read opinions about other addons, for exapmle about McNools addons and other retextures

(i know russian language)

do you really live in philosophy "shit because not ours" ?

for me this is sick philosophy

also i read from one russian "DarkenLord" that all russians should be against me and other Polish addonmakers, he even hacked one of my accounts which was proven by Armed-Assault.NET administrators !

when i posted there pictures of my addons, one reaction of DarkenLord was messages like "i will destroy you, stop making addons"

on flashpoint.ru i read many texts like "Poles are shity faced nation" "Polish soldiers in Iraq eat shit" and etc.

i cannot forgive you such demeaning of my nation and my army

can you do something except spiting on people and calling everything "shit" ? ia znaiu russkij jazik i czitat umeiu :P (i know russian language)

sometimes when i visit flashpoint.ru - i should be renamed to "hate.ru" or "xenophobia.ru"

more happines in New Year, udachi, ne zla na swet (happines, not wrong attitude to rest of world)

end of offtopic words, sorry for moderators for those offtopic words, but even if i show something better than others did - there will be one answer from "druziej izza Buga",

addonmaking and this game should give people FUN and JOY

not anger :P

addonmaking is my hobby and way to spent time but many people - don't know why - don't understand it

happy new year everyone!

and vilas, that bradley is awesome, no doubt about that.

Quote[/b] ]i made my Vilas_RUS my textures using pictures taken from internet, google and on flashpoint.ru i read in russian that i stole those textures, i stole ideas for addons, every my ARMA addon is called "unauthorised copy" - poddelki

nope smile_o.gif it's usually called 'podelki' - means just bad work wink_o.gif learn russian if you're reading f.ru. though i agree that there can be too much offense on f.ru compared to constant 'wow' here biggrin_o.gif

And stop complain on our evilness )) I don't care about author rules and stuff and i won't discuss your relations with denorc - i just want you to learn some photoshop wink_o.gif you can not believe - but i really have nothing bad in mind

textures for Bradley will be made by other addonmakers - probably Topas will do 1985 version and other addonmaker (now it is secret) will do other versions

my legal old Corel do not gives me such possibilities as Photoshop, i would better stay on modeling and as i learn new - my favorite for OFP was islandmaking, but i must learn much more to make now for ARMA some islands

Quote[/b] ]my legal old Corel do not gives me such possibilities as Photoshop

very interesting excuse )) So there's no chance your addons will ever become any better cause you can't get proper tools ? There're trials, there're student versions - and there're definately free linux analogues if you are that principal wink_o.gif or even post wmz donation biggrin_o.gif

Just ignore him Vilas, he doesn't know what he's talking about, and he's also an arrogant insignificance.